UNCONFIRMED: Jason McCourty to Cowboys?

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Played in 15 games with minor injuries all season (only played 4 games in '15). Was solid, but not "special" by any means. He's not the burner he once was, but has good veteran savvy and takes calculated risks. Like anyone else, he needs the Cowboys to put a little pressure on the QB or he will get beat frequently. Good and willing tackler.

This is a solid signing for the Cowboys.

Hell, I'll join gang tackles.
I always had a lot of JUP's.
(Jumped on Pile)

OldCoach

Reaction score
Just gonna put this out there. Saw on the internet that we were close to signing Jason McCourty. Not gonna say it was any credible source but interesting.

Maybe this move would put us into position to select the best player available in round 1?

Might not be anything to it.

OldCoach

Reaction score
It's not anything. Both sources were just Dallas fans putting their two cents in.

We aren't signing McCourty
I wouldn't think so. Not sure he would be any better than Carr or Claiborne.

Only advantage would be flexibility in the draft.

Carson

Reaction score
I wouldn't think so. Not sure he would be any better than Carr or Claiborne.

Only advantage would be flexibility in the draft.

Oh I agree 100% with you! But a guy who refused to take a pay cut, from 7 million a year, isn't coming here for cheap! Would love it though!

jrumann59

Reaction score
Played in 15 games with minor injuries all season (only played 4 games in '15). Was solid, but not "special" by any means. He's not the burner he once was, but has good veteran savvy and takes calculated risks. Like anyone else, he needs the Cowboys to put a little pressure on the QB or he will get beat frequently. Good and willing tackler. Will join gang tackles.

This is a solid signing for the Cowboys.
so a slower Carr but better ball skills.