Unconfirmed- Milloy to interview

DLCassidy

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Marcus Coleman couldnt tackle Terry Schiavo.....

Tell you what HH- gentleman's bet that Coleman is a Cowboy and Milloy is burdening another team's cap- deal?

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
3 picks in the last 4 years. I can see why you object to the term "ballhawk".:laugh2:

Marcus Coleman will cost us @ 1/3 of what has been Milloy would cost and he's got 11 picks in that span.

Didn't HOU have the 8th-worst pass defense in the league last year?

DLCassidy

Reaction score
AAHHRoyWilliamsIsAfterMe! said:
Didn't HOU have the 8th-worst pass defense in the league last year?

Good point. Guess that means Dunta Robinson sucks too.:rolleyes:

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Good point. Guess that means Dunta Robinson sucks too.:rolleyes:

Could you tell me why Marcus Coleman is still held with such high regard? Really, I mean no disrespect and it's just for my edification. I guess I'm just a little skeptical because HOU thought so little of him that they didn't think he was worth the paltry $1.8 million he'd be owed next year and they let him go, plus he also has a conviction for drunk-driving and one for driving with a suspended license. I see those black marks against him and think "uh-oh." I know he had a spectacular season as recently as '03 so I'd be happy to be convinced he's still got it.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Gaede said:
i don't know, Milloy doesn't excite me.

Isn't he just more of what we have? Doesn't this organization understand what a free safety actually is? Or is Zimmer still trying to accomplish the whole interchangeable safety thing we kinda had that one time with Woody?

Im with you I thouht we needed more of a deep safety than another big hitter, but he does have a nose for the ball.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
AAHHRoyWilliamsIsAfterMe! said:
Could you tell me why Marcus Coleman is still held with such high regard? Really, I mean no disrespect and it's just for my edification. I guess I'm just a little skeptical because HOU thought so little of him that they didn't think he was worth the paltry $1.8 million he'd be owed next year and they let him go, plus he also has a conviction for drunk-driving and one for driving with a suspended license. I see those black marks against him and think "uh-oh." I know he had a spectacular season as recently as '03 so I'd be happy to be convinced he's still got it.

First off Houston is Houston. They thought Aaron Glenn was done too last year. That was a nice signing, wouldn't you agree? Coleman is a bandaid, plain and simple. He's probably a 1 year solution but he'll come cheap and he's still a decent player. Noone's calling him a Pro Bowler, but IMO FS is not a top priority position on D. He'll certainly be an upgrade for us. I just don't want a long in the tooth overpriced SS like Milloy. I still think we use a draft pick on FS for the long haul even if we sign Coleman.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I don't think Keith Davis' problem, and our problem at FS in general, is a lack of physical skills rather a lack of good judgement and decision making on the field. Believe it or not, most teams in the league get by without one Pro Bowl safety, much less two. As long as Milloy (or Coleman) know the person they're supposed to cover and don't bite on every play action pass or pump fake thrown at them they'll be an upgrade over last year. It has nothing to do with "ballhawking", and if anything "ballhawking" is an indication of the overaggressive attitude which plagued us last season. Don't worry about jumping the route for the pick, just don't let Santana Moss get behind you.

And Coleman is a very good tackler. He was a great safety in college, and played linebacker at times. He was like a slightly less athletic Michael Huff in his day. He roamed all over the field and did everything asked of him whether it be play deep safety in Cover 3, line up man to man in the slot or even play linebacker in certain situations. Parcells converted him to a cornerback fulltime because he had such a great size/speed ratio, but it wasn't an easy conversion that came natural to him. Houston let him go for personal reasons, even though it wasn't anything major. McClane is a stickler about "image" because he's trying to market the Houston franchise in Texas as the "anti-Cowboys" for all the Cowboy haters.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Gaede said:
i don't know, Milloy doesn't excite me.

Isn't he just more of what we have? Doesn't this organization understand what a free safety actually is? Or is Zimmer still trying to accomplish the whole interchangeable safety thing we kinda had that one time with Woody?

:hammer:

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Aw cmon man!!!

Give me a link!....give me a link!

It's like Christmas in Cowboy land today. :D

Christmas or April fool? The only K left standing is V and I'm sure the Pats will make a big effort to sign him. Then what?
The TE the team is supposed to be interested in would be an undrafted FA if he were in the draft today.
Now people are excited about Malloy as a possibility?
I thought surely JJ would sign Longwell since V would be a little too rich and
if they couldn't get him they would go with Bryant. Now, it is either pay out mammoth bucks or possibly settle for an undrafted fa after the draft.

What kind of Christmas did you have as a kid?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
No one complained when it was Rodney Harrison and Lawyer Milloy manning the Patriots secondary.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
No one complained when it was Rodney Harrison and Lawyer Milloy manning the Patriots secondary.

No one complained because it never happened!:laugh2:

The Pats signed Harrison - cut Milloy before season started and moved rookie CB Wilson to Safety.

Nice try though.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Galian Beast said:

Why would they? It never happened. Harrison was brought in as a better and less expensive player and Lawyer was released. And Harrison has been better.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
VThokie7 said:
I would love to see Jason Allen fall to the 2nd to fill our FS spot. I doubt it happens after the way he ran at the combine, but there is always hope

Jason Allen will be a Pro Bowl player within two years.

Believe it, or not.