Undisclosed illness impacting players

Status
Not open for further replies.

offlimits

Reaction score
Just read on Bloggins the Boys.

FiRl-iWXEAw_-0m
It is probably flu as they all hang out in the locker room and confined spaces in groups. I started to feel unwell Monday evening and three days later not 100%. Temperature, loss of appetite and a mild cough.

Lutonio

Reaction score
A lot of adults are catching RSV this season. It has been going around my area.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It is probably flu as they all hang out in the locker room and confined spaces in groups. I started to feel unwell Monday evening and three days later not 100%. Temperature, loss of appetite and a mild cough.

And if it is, the team is stupid. Vaccines are widely available every year

AbeBeta

Reaction score
you do realize the average effectiveness of the flu shot is in the 40s at best right?

also, what happened to my body my choice IF they decide not to get it….I’m sure the cowboys made it available to your point

You do realize those data are old. We now have vaccines that deal with multiple (4!) strains of the flu. The issues with a poor match between circulating strains vs. the one choosen for the yesrly vaccine are largely mitigated. Science advances. Your opinions should as well.

Jipper

Reaction score
You do realize those data are old. We now have vaccines that deal with multiple (4!) strains of the flu. The issues with a poor match between circulating strains vs. the one choosen for the yesrly vaccine are largely mitigated. Science advances. Your opinions should as well.

No that data is not old....it's refreshed every year and some years have better efficacy than others. Yes it's a game trying to predict the next year's strain off of prior strains and knowledge.

I have a mph from John's Hopkins with a specialty in epidemiology, numbers are always evolving but the efficacy of the flu vaccine is typically no more than 40s to max 50 percent with the past few years in the 30s ...however it does reduce the impact for those that are vaccinated yet still test positive.

You can take your opinion and either get educated or do a little more reading...

And yes I 100% support the right for someone to decide what vaccines they put in their bodies based on risk factors and personal beliefs- I am vaccinated personally but it's between me and my personal physician to decide if any specific vaccine is appropriate for me given risk factors

Last edited:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
No that data is not old....it's refreshed every year and some years have better efficacy than others. Yes it's a game trying to predict the next year's strain off of prior strains and knowledge.

I have a mph from John's Hopkins with a specialty in epidemiology, numbers are always evolving but the efficacy of the flu vaccine is typically no more than 40s to max 50 percent with the past few years in the 30s ...however it does reduce the impact for those that are vaccinated yet still test positive.

You can take your opinion and either get educated or do a little more reading...

And yes I 100% support the right for someone to decide what vaccines they put in their bodies based on risk factors and personal beliefs- I am vaccinated personally but it's between me and my personal physician to decide if any specific vaccine is appropriate for me given risk factors

An MPH is useless if you are still relying on what you learned in your grad program years ago. No MPH with any level of competence argues against vaccination.

Jipper

Reaction score
An MPH is useless if you are still relying on what you learned in your grad program years ago. No MPH with any level of competence argues against vaccination.

I didn't argue against vaccination, I stated that it's personal choice and that there are multiple factors involved based on personal situations. Further your attempt to devalue the education that I achieved tells me all I need to know about you.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I didn't argue against vaccination, I stated that it's personal choice and that there are multiple factors involved based on personal situations. Further your attempt to devalue the education that I achieved tells me all I need to know about you.

But you also gave a BS definition of effectiveness. It remains undeniable that the vast majority of vaccinated, healthy adults will suffer very mild symptoms.

Give up your degree. You are literally refusing to protect public health

Jipper

Reaction score
But you also gave a BS definition of effectiveness. It remains undeniable that the vast majority of vaccinated, healthy adults will suffer very mild symptoms.

Give up your degree. You are literally refusing to protect public health

Hahahahaha...I stated that the efficacy is between 30 and 50 percent which it is

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/effectiveness-studies.htm

I also stated that those vaccinated that test positive will incur a lesser impact of the flu.

Finally I stated that it's up to individuals to decide if a vaccine is right for them. We live in America and we have rights....I am glad I'm vaccinated and do the same for my family but support the choice by other Americans to forgo vaccinations based on their personal situations

You sir or madam either are either incompetent or incapable or reading and comprehending....but hey glad you are a cowboys fan!!!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hahahahaha...I stated that the efficacy is between 30 and 50 percent which it is

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/effectiveness-studies.htm

I also stated that those vaccinated that test positive will incur a lesser impact of the flu.

Finally I stated that it's up to individuals to decide if a vaccine is right for them. We live in America and we have rights....I am glad I'm vaccinated and do the same for my family but support the choice by other Americans to forgo vaccinations based on their personal situations

You sir or madam either are either incompetent or incapable or reading and comprehending....but hey glad you are a cowboys fan!!!

And you are defining efficacy as not getting the flu.

Vaccinated people generally recover very quickly after infection. Any MPH should know that's the true measure of effectiveness.

We wouldn't have had so many out if they were vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.