Video: Undisputed FS1: Rod Woodson on Dez: "We rolled coverage over to him"

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
At least against the Raiders, the notion that Dez was receiving single coverage while Beasley was doubled is addressed.

Also, Dak being unable to find second and third receivers (Beasley/TWill/Butler) is briefly discussed. Coming from Rod Woodson, thought it thread worthy. Enjoy!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
At least against the Raiders, the notion that Dez was receiving single coverage while Beasley was doubled is addressed.

Also, Dak being unable to find second and third receivers (Beasley/TWill/Butler) is briefly discussed. Coming from Rod Woodson, thought it thread worthy. Enjoy!

There's no question but what Dak is obliged to improve. Most young QBs are. He's at a crossroads now. I'm crossing my fingers.

If that's not enough, we're in dire need of an improved WR corps. Here's hoping we'll manage to sign #1 WR talent in a hurry. ;)

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Of course, teams cheated safeties to his side of the field, doubled him at times and put their best corners on him at other times. The notion that they didn't is just agenda driven.

A lot of the doubles against Beasley were done by linebackers. They would sit on the inside route to allow the nickel back to play the outside route.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Romo on Dez

Not an exact quote:

Romo also goes on to say Dez has rare traits to catch the ball over his head like no one he's seen besides maybe Calvin and that Dez still has that ability.

Dez is never actually covered even if he's covered.

You just have to throw to him with timing, precision, and you gotta throw it hard.

Says a lot of the Dez sideline stuff is positive.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Romo on Dez

Not an exact quote:

Romo also goes on to say Dez has rare traits to catch the ball over his head like no one he's seen besides maybe Calvin and that Dez still has that ability.

You just have to throw to him with timing, precision, and you gotta throw it hard.

Three years ago maybe. No one is afraid of Dez anymore.

Dre11

Reaction score

Oh no, you're about to piss a lot of people off, it's just Dez...lol

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dez running a limited route tree is on the coaching staff in my opinion.

He is so good after the catch, and we have all been begging for more crossing routes etc from this offense.

He is also good at dig routes but they barely run them.

You can't convince me he can't run an out route, comeback, corner route, double moves, etc. It is this godforsaken offense.

Dre11

Reaction score
Romo on Dez

Not an exact quote:

Yep that's in the interview I posted.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez running a limited route tree is on the coaching staff in my opinion.

He is so good after the catch, and we have all been begging for more crossing routes etc from this offense.

He is also good at dig routes but they barely run them.

You can't me he can't run an out route, comeback, corner route, double moves, etc. It is this godforsaken offense.

I think Romo, and the Cowboys, think way too hard when it comes to Dez.

Yes he can out muscle people for a ball or go up and get it but my gosh the guy is TO like when he just has the ball in his hands and like TO he shouldn't have to catch it 20 yards downfield just to get it in his hands.

Just simply send him on a drag, slant, something to get that big body moving.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

Yes he can out muscle people for a ball or go up and get it but my gosh the guy is TO like when he just has the ball in his hands and like TO he shouldn't have to catch it 20 yards downfield just to get it in his hands.

That is because they use their outside WRs as decoys to create space underneath for Witten and Beasley.

2 guys with limited YAC capabilities with little to no ability to turn a 5 yard pass into a TD.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score

How can we trust him not to fumble when he does? Did you forget his performance against Seattle? I don’t want Dez Bryant getting the football ever.

birdwells1

Reaction score

I told y'all this a long time ago, the only play that dez was not doubled was on the long reception but carry on with your agendas. Rod Woodson doesnt know what hes talking about he was only the secondary coach.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
this made me for sure believe we need to grab a WR early in this years draft..... I know we picked up Thompson, but he is only to compete with 3rd level WRs.
I know we need safety/LB/DL help, but if you can grab Ridley in the first, you have to.

Gameover

Reaction score
I don't think Romo agrees.

This interview was recent. Like yesterday.

I don't think Romo agrees.

This interview was recent. Like yesterday.
Just hit the right spot they say

DPvZZ2hV4AA9em1

Just hit the right spot

DPvVoUKUIAAWPM8

What exactly is the right spot

DRZdZlcXUAAt4PZ

Keep slurpin’ nina tho

Reaction score
And Rod Woodson last played in what decade? I'm not anti-Dez. But the 2017-18 Dez is a shell of the 2010 Dez.