Signed by Cowboys ***Undrafted FA Signings Thread***

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Glad MM concentrates on the WR position and its depth, one thing I have hated about this team in the past is carrying useless WRs.

We have always been decently lucky with health at the position but it is nice to have depth there.

RedLine

Reaction score
List from Bloggingtheboys.com
Last updated on Saturday, April 25th at 7:55pm ET
It as previously reported that Texas A&M WR Quartney Davis was signing with the Cowboys. He is reportedly headed to the Minnesota Vikings instead.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Terrible point and it's not even close to an option

Dont sleep on Gallup sticking around and Amari leaving (in 2 years)
I like gallup The point is that you can’t pay everyone and his value is very high. If he doesn’t see the field this year then we’d have let that asset go to waste.

It’s smart roster management to consider it.

RandyOh

Reaction score

Im feeling this happens. We can probably keep Gallup for 60% of the contract we have cooper on and spend the 40% in savings on defense.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah its gonna be tough to make it over him. He's more expensive so Sew will have a shot......but Cowboys have cap space and I think Olawale is on a one year deal....chances of him doing it or slim IMO.

We get excited about the new guys, but some won't even make it to camp if history is any indication and most are looking at a practice squad spot at best.

I love uncovering UDFA gems but try to be realistic in my expectations. Most of the time the players I think stand the best shots aren't even the ones who end up grabbing a spot on the roster or PS.

JBS

Reaction score
I like gallup The point is that you can’t pay everyone and his value is very high. If he doesn’t see the field this year then we’d have let that asset go to waste.

Why the heck would Gallup not see the field? Not only is that not going to happen..his snap count won't even decrease..it's a ridiculous topic to even discuss..as I said, he has a better chance to be on this team in 2 years than Cooper

Bluefin

Reaction score

The new CBA and upcoming TV deals are expected to seeing huge jumps in the NFL's salary cap.

As long as Michael Gallup continues improving, the team is going to want to keep him.

They will have room for him and Amari Cooper.

Coop will need to worry about his spot down the road before Gallup does.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We get excited about the new guys, but some won't even make it to camp if history is any indication and most are looking at a practice squad spot at best.

I love uncovering UDFA gems but try to be realistic in my expectations. Most of the time the players I think stand the best shots aren't even the ones who end up grabbing a spot on the roster or PS.
THe only thing I will say to that is its a new coaching staff. Guys like Olawale or guys who were loved by the old staff.....they are going to have to get this new staff to love them as much because a new coaching staff is gonna want some new guys in there and some hungry guys. Its going to be some shocking veteran cuts this year.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Im feeling this happens. We can probably keep Gallup for 60% of the contract we have cooper on and spend the 40% in savings on defense.

We will end up having to let Gallup or Coop walk....I don't ever see Gallup being a number 1, so I would prefer to keep Coop.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Its not smart. People get too caught up on compiling picks. This draft right here is a prime example of why you don't trade down or trade up. Trading Gallup is getting cute. He's cheap and he's productive and he's hungry. These are the guys you need to contend. He may leave without compensation. Oh well. It happens.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
These are some of the players I would target:

Rodrigo Blankenship - K
Joseph Charlton - P
Hunter Bryant - TE
Jared Pinkney - TE
Thaddeus Moss - TE
Lamar Jackson - CB
Javaris Davis - CB
Bryce Huff - DE
Benito Jones - DT