Units of the team, better, worse or the same?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think it will be the defense that determines how good the offense will be.

Health of the OL is definitely important. But if the defense can get a few more 3 and outs, force some turnovers and maybe score once in a while then I think it will free up the offense to be more efficient. Not trailing and being able to be unpredictable without having to take high risks will make the offense better. They know their defense will get them a few more touches per game and sometimes bail them out. They know they don't have to score every drive and can dictate the offense they way they want to run it without taking chances and they can better protect the ball.

Who cares if you have the no.1 offense?

Fully agree. Giving offense more possession via take aways by defense can help the offense. Personally I think our offense is pretty strong but again I feel that all starts up front on the OL, they are the ones who can open up run lanes for the RB, they are the ones who are responsible for picking up the pass rush and blitz, giving Dak the opportunity to attack down the field. Your views on defense I agree they can do a lot to help the offense and that is what I mean as becoming a team where both sides of the ball pick each other up.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Those little teams within the team, the units, the OL, DL, LB's, do you consider each one to be better, worse or the same as the previous season?

I see the QB, OL and TE's as better because of health, the RB's the same and the WR's better because it will be Lamb's soph year and Gallup's audition for a #1 spot.

This is a ride the offense team so that bodes well for them. They should have a top 5 O in yardage and top 8 in scoring.

It will be Moore's 3rd season and time for him to show he gets it in the RZ. It's time to shine.

ST's, I am going with unknown on this one.

I see the DL, LB's and CB's as better and the S's as the same unless the rookie is special. I do think this is going to be a bit of a work in progress as the season progresses but I think bringing in Quinn was the right move as he's already getting positive reviews from the players.

The man gets fired from his HC job because he didn't improve the D and lands as the DC on the team with the most publicized worst defense in the game. The opportunity for him is undeniable, he could be back in a HC job in 2022. He's going to have more light on him than any coach in the league. He could be "The Magic Quinn".

I think this front 7 is going to be a real improvement with an injection of new talent that will allow Quinn to do some things with his packaging that will help solidify the run D.

I think the assumption that some are making that nothing gets fixed in a season is incorrect. It is not as if there wasn't some good talent there already, it was just underutilized and began to lack confidence. I believe we're going to see a better coached defense with better speed and more fly to the ball than we've seen in some time.

Dare I say it? I am excited for this season and that hasn't happened in a long time. Managing our expectations is the name of the game but I cannot help myself, I am expecting some good things from this team. Not the SB but the NFCCG is not out of the question.

Ya know, that managing our expectations is all about not getting disappointed so we have the tendency to guard against that, I see that here all the time. "I am not buying again"!!!

Well, I am buying and that's not the same as being sold. I am doing some self-serve shopping and I do like what I see.

Here's the thing about optimism, and it took me years to grasp this, it is it's own reward. Optimism does not depend on the outcome, the destination, it's all about the journey.

Right now, in my frame of mind about this season, I am more content and happy than those already assuming it's going to be bad but you don't have to do that.

My friends, after the past 15 months we've endured, I am actively looking for every silver lining I can find, not Pollyanna mind you, I need some slivers of evidence but I can see that with this team.

Your Dallas Cowboys, 2021-22 NFC East Champs.
Hope the defense has Improved
Going nowhere if it hasn't

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Those little teams within the team, the units, the OL, DL, LB's, do you consider each one to be better, worse or the same as the previous season?

I see the QB, OL and TE's as better because of health, the RB's the same and the WR's better because it will be Lamb's soph year and Gallup's audition for a #1 spot.

This is a ride the offense team so that bodes well for them. They should have a top 5 O in yardage and top 8 in scoring.

It will be Moore's 3rd season and time for him to show he gets it in the RZ. It's time to shine.

ST's, I am going with unknown on this one.

I see the DL, LB's and CB's as better and the S's as the same unless the rookie is special. I do think this is going to be a bit of a work in progress as the season progresses but I think bringing in Quinn was the right move as he's already getting positive reviews from the players.

The man gets fired from his HC job because he didn't improve the D and lands as the DC on the team with the most publicized worst defense in the game. The opportunity for him is undeniable, he could be back in a HC job in 2022. He's going to have more light on him than any coach in the league. He could be "The Magic Quinn".

I think this front 7 is going to be a real improvement with an injection of new talent that will allow Quinn to do some things with his packaging that will help solidify the run D.

I think the assumption that some are making that nothing gets fixed in a season is incorrect. It is not as if there wasn't some good talent there already, it was just underutilized and began to lack confidence. I believe we're going to see a better coached defense with better speed and more fly to the ball than we've seen in some time.

Dare I say it? I am excited for this season and that hasn't happened in a long time. Managing our expectations is the name of the game but I cannot help myself, I am expecting some good things from this team. Not the SB but the NFCCG is not out of the question.

Ya know, that managing our expectations is all about not getting disappointed so we have the tendency to guard against that, I see that here all the time. "I am not buying again"!!!

Well, I am buying and that's not the same as being sold. I am doing some self-serve shopping and I do like what I see.

Here's the thing about optimism, and it took me years to grasp this, it is it's own reward. Optimism does not depend on the outcome, the destination, it's all about the journey.

Right now, in my frame of mind about this season, I am more content and happy than those already assuming it's going to be bad but you don't have to do that.

My friends, after the past 15 months we've endured, I am actively looking for every silver lining I can find, not Pollyanna mind you, I need some slivers of evidence but I can see that with this team.

Your Dallas Cowboys, 2021-22 NFC East Champs.

Couch--- i get excited every year for past 50 years..so of course the roller coaster ride is not good for emotional health but i guess it is what it is....but this year i am turbo -excited with hopefully much better play on O line...infused talent on D line...and of course Quinn who knows something about coaching real good defenses ( legion of boom )...our defense last year was much better than they played in my humble opinion and were stunted ( word play on purpose ) by sheer stupidity on many levels attempting to teach a brand new difficult defense from Zoom...if they had kept it simple like they did offense they would have faired much better in my opinion......but now with a full off season with infused new talent along with what we had and Quinn and a healthy Dak and the best wr's in football along with top 10% rb's ( Zeke is sleek this year and noticeably faster..Pollard is such a gem..and Dowdle is real good too....and yes i agree teams especially in free agent period of NFL can make major changes in success in one year...and i am laying a RICO Platinum guarantee our defense is top 15 to go along with top 5 offense....but i am a bit concerned about Washington this year...Fitz majic can go several consecutive games looking like pro bowlish to go along with their #1 defense and upgraded wr's...but if we play to our potential we will win the division in my opinion

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
QB: Worse. The Cowboys need more backup options behind Dak
RB/WR: Same
TE: Better with Jarwin healthier and Jeremy Sprinkle is an underrated blocker
OL: Better with Smith and Collins healthier

DE: Same
DT: Better with the FA's and draft picks to stir up competition
LB: Better with Parsons, Neal, and Cox for sure
CB/S: Better with Joseph and Kazee

ST: Same

i agree mostly with your assessement...i might give an up tick to DE....full off season for first time for Gregory and free agent Tarell Basham with another year for Bradley Anae to improve?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Good for comic relief at this point, but its definitely needed. Thanks for giving that completely laughable input!!! :flagwave::clap::clap::clap:

that input is both laughable and not even close to accurate unless of course there is the dreaded injury bug....so far no one hurt in OTA's that is a good start