Unpopular opinion:The one position I really wanted in the first three rounds I felt they needed

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
People feared our ground game because of the offensive line. Elliott led the league in yards before contact when this offensive line was in it's prime. If the offensive line can regain its swagger, I have no doubt our running backs will feast, and Dak and the passing game will also benefit.

Philbin sux.

J12B

Reaction score
Was RB

i wanted a RB that would punish defenses and put the fear of god into them. Defenses don’t fear this running game anymore.

We are more of a reactive team instead of proactive one. It’s going to take another Zeke injury to tell us we need more depth at this position

pollard is pretty damn good but I see him as like Felix Jones. You give him more and you’ll get less

I really wish they would’ve drafted high in this position

Same here.

But I'm hoping now that they'll go RB in round 1 or 2 next year for sure since it seems like a really good RB class.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Was RB

i wanted a RB that would punish defenses and put the fear of god into them. Defenses don’t fear this running game anymore.

We are more of a reactive team instead of proactive one. It’s going to take another Zeke injury to tell us we need more depth at this position

pollard is pretty damn good but I see him as like Felix Jones. You give him more and you’ll get less

Egads! I respect your opinion. We are all learning and growing.
Yes, I recall the days of Felix and Barber and so many promising chaps.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Was RB

Idk about 1st 3, but I did want a RB in this draft. I think Zeke stays for two more seasons unless he turns out to be completely useless. However, Pollard is on the last year of his deal. Therefore, I think Zeke stays for more than one year out of necessity. That said, I felt we should spend a mid-round pick on a RB. If Pollard leaves, another RB will be needed, and RB depth is good. That said, I forget his name, I did also like that RB with the glasses we have.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Was RB

:huh::facepalm: why exactly?

we have Zeke the highest paid RB ever. we have Pollard who just needs more touches. now you want to waste a pick on a RB in the first three rounds with all the other needs we had on the team....

the issue is not RB...its the OL.

Hardline

Reaction score
They can solve their running game problems in next year's draft.
Bjian Robinson in the first round. The Cowboys aren't going anywhere without an elite RB.
And Robinson is a major passing threat from the backfield.

ColeBeasley11

BruceCarter54
Reaction score
People feared our ground game because of the offensive line. Elliott led the league in yards before contact when this offensive line was in it's prime. If the offensive line can regain its swagger, I have no doubt our running backs will feast, and Dak and the passing game will also benefit.

Exactly. We made the right pick for our needs. RBs are so easily found, don’t sweat it. Pollard is going to have a big year and Zeke can handle the physical running.

blueblood70

Reaction score
who would you have not taken

Smith
Williams
Tolbert
answer NO changes there i liked the draft but getting a rb say right after trade up to grab one that fell way down where they could have been drafted, sur ei was actually expecting that, however our run game the first 8 games when everyone was relatively healthy was great..so io believe the OP is having flashbacks the last 4-5 games when our run game dropped off mostly due to suspensions, injury, and well our OC got less creative unwilling to run..our 6-0 streak was propelled by our run game..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Two RBs who *should* be in their contract years and we did nothing to prepare at RB for 2023.

Are we really going to be paying premium dollars to not premium Zeke forever? I see no evidence of another plan.
according to this place no pan needed

RBs are dime a dozen, all the same can be brought in cheap from off the street or low in the draft and be great day one..so why a plan when and if they move on from zeke and/or pollard next year any old replacement will be as good as 2016 Zeke without a OL or passing game..Rbs are all the same, a dime a dozen, and easily replaceable according to the experts in here lmao.:facepalm::huh::muttley::popcorn:

so plan is decide who to cut and keep come march 2023 and then go get a 2nd or 3rd round rb plus a younger vet and we should be set..

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I wanted one too, at least in the 5th round and was hoping for round 2 or 3. I guarantee you one of the UDFAs will make the team this year so maybe that’s good enough.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Was RB

Perhaps a year early, next draft is when they will be hunting backs

kskboys

Reaction score
Dameion Pierce, Texans, 4th round.

That's the kind of RB we need to draft.

Jake0

Reaction score
Definitely do not spend a 1st rounder on a RB. Just find another DeMarco Murray type of player in the 3rd or so and go back to having an elite OLine. 3rd round RB can get nearly 2k yards with a good enough OLine. Jonathan Taylor was a mid 2nd rounder.