Unsubstantiated Rumor

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
There is no link for this story.

I had dinner with a friend tonight, who is an avid Eagles fan. I'm always sending him internet news about the Eagles, and tonight, he claimed he had a story for me. He claims that Miami is sniffing around Philadelphia about the availability of McNabb. He wouldn't cite his source, but he isn't one to make this stuff up, as he has a whole wardrobe of McNabb shirts.

Anyway, has anyone heard this "rumor"?

We were speculating that maybe Miami would offer up Ricky Williams to Philadelphia for McNabb, since Miami would control his rights if he returns.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't doubt that teams would "sniff around" about McFlabb, but why would they trade him? That would be an immediate flush of their season.

I guess Kolb looked so surprisingly amazingly polished in OTAs that they are ready to start him already. ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I doubt it, but I'd love it. It would basically remove Philly as a roadblock for a year or two.

lkelly

Reaction score
FLcowboy;1513600 said:
We were speculating that maybe Miami would offer up Ricky Williams to Philadelphia for McNabb, since Miami would control his rights if he returns.

Any shred of hope you had of pulling this off as a non-prank went right out the window...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Does "Floaty" post here? This sounds like one of his gems.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Kelly Holcomb is probably the only Eagles QB that can definitely be had.

Read something the other day that the Falcolns were considering a run at Trent Green, too.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FLcowboy;1513600 said:
There is no link for this story.

I had dinner with a friend tonight, who is an avid Eagles fan. I'm always sending him internet news about the Eagles, and tonight, he claimed he had a story for me. He claims that Miami is sniffing around Philadelphia about the availability of McNabb. He wouldn't cite his source, but he isn't one to make this stuff up, as he has a whole wardrobe of McNabb shirts.

Anyway, has anyone heard this "rumor"?

bbgun;1513613 said:
Does "Floaty" post here? This sounds like one of his gems.
The original post removes that possibility, but no he doesn't.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had to listen to the whole Trent Green diatribe against today on the radio. Supposedly Miami told Green just this AM they are still trying to get a deal done. Just another story I wish would go away.

McFlubb to Miami? That is hard to see. Unless Miami overpays big time Filthy has to know that would kill this season and perhaps more.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
At least the title is accurate. It has to be just a rumor.

Seriously, with all the media outlets these days, there is no way that your friend would know about something like this without it being picked up or reported somewhere out there.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Here's a rumor I would like to see...

Both of our #1's next year to SD for LaDainian Tomlinson... ;)

Oh... and +10 for spelling "unsubstantiated" correctly... :D

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
trickblue;1513635 said:

+10 for spelling it right.......

-10 for not knowing its definition.....

Push.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
lkelly;1513610 said:
Any shred of hope you had of pulling this off as a non-prank went right out the window...

No prank my friend. Have you got any other value in Miami that would compensate Philadelphia for McNabb?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1513619 said:
The original post removes that possibility, but no he doesn't.

I absolutely loathe this emoticon because it's used too much, but here goes:

:laugh2:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
jackrussell;1513641 said:

Push.

Adjective: unsubstantiated `únsub'stanshi`eytid
Unsupported by other evidence

sounds like hes not the one that doesnt know the definition.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
jackrussell;1513641 said:

Push.

I found the following. Do you have another definition? If you are challenging the use of unsubstantiated with rumor, since rumor could imply there is no truth to the story, thus in a sense being a double negative, then ask yourself is PFT is a substantiated source of rumors.

unsubstantiated
adj
  • 1. Not proven or supported by evidence
    • Thesaurus: unproven, unconfirmed, questionable, unsupported, uncorroborated, unestablished, unverified, debatable, dubious, unattested.

Hailmary

Reaction score
trickblue;1513635 said:

No doubt Tomlinson's the best offensive threat in the league, but he'll be 30 soon, so I'd rather keep both our firsts and target Jake Long and Slaton.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
FLcowboy;1513642 said:
No prank my friend. Have you got any other value in Miami that would compensate Philadelphia for McNabb?

What on earth makes you believe Ricky Williams qualifies as being of "value"?

I don't think they are shopping McNabb. But even if they were, they'd be asking for real players on their team (like Chris Chambers or Channing Crowder), not stoned out wash-ups.

Your friend obviously is mentally challenged. But we already know this because he owns McNabb jerseys.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hailmary;1513660 said:
No doubt Tomlinson's the best offensive threat in the league, but he'll be 30 soon, so I'd rather keep both our firsts and target Jake Long and Slaton.

Why on earth are people excited about this bargain basement Reggie Bush imitation?