Unsubstantiated Rumor

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1513682 said:
McNabb should be traded to Chicago because Grossman stinks....:laugh2:

That rumor (McNabb for Briggs) makes much more sense than this one does.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander;1513686 said:
That rumor (McNabb for Briggs) makes much more sense than this one does.
I agree with that. On top of this, Miami already has an expensive QB in Culpepper. I think they are looking for an inexpensive alternative until Beck is ready.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Hailmary;1513660 said:
No doubt Tomlinson's the best offensive threat in the league, but he'll be 30 soon, so I'd rather keep both our firsts and target Jake Long and Slaton.

More importantly, if this is a usual season for him, he'll have 2400 carries under his belt at the start of 2008. Emmitt really hit the wall at the 3500 mark. Payton lost it after 3600 carries. If LT is lucky enough to be as good as Emmitt and Walter, as long as Emmitt and Walter, he'll have about 3 good years left after 2007. Really scarry to spend huge dollars and multiple #1s on a back with 2400 carries.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hailmary;1513660 said:
No doubt Tomlinson's the best offensive threat in the league, but he'll be 30 soon, so I'd rather keep both our firsts and target Jake Long and Slaton.

I was just throwing it out for fodder and fun... but he is still 27 at this point... he's JUST gettin' good... ;)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I was hearing the show stopper was that KC wanted a 4th for Green and Miami won't do that. I'd expect Philly would want more than that. Unless it's some kind of a player(s) trade and it won't be Ricky. They just got rid of #81. They don't want the hassle.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I believe this rumor. I think the Eagles will trade McNabb to the Phins... but only if they're sure they can get LeBron James to play tight end for them.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Danny White;1513725 said:
I believe this rumor. I think the Eagles will trade McNabb to the Phins... but only if they're sure they can get LeBron James to play tight end for them.

Or maybe they'll trade Dan Marino and Larry Csonka to the Eagles for McNabb.

:laugh1:

trickblue

Reaction score
Danny White;1513725 said:

Don Corleone;1513761 said:
Or maybe they'll trade Dan Marino and Larry Csonka to the Eagles for McNabb.

:laugh1:

I actually think there may be legs to this rumor... don't discount it just yet...

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Hailmary;1513660 said:

:hammer:
Most of Tomlinson's best days are behind him. He will have maybe two more years before he starts to break down. Trading two #1's for him would be as bad an idea as trading two #1's for Galloway.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1513617 said:
I think Kelly Holcomb is probably the only Eagles QB that can definitely be had.

Read something the other day that the Falcolns were considering a run at Trent Green, too.

I've heard and read he's going to the Fins more than the Falcons but they both need a QB.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hailmary;1513660 said:

I don't think he was being entirely serious. I agree with you. I'd rather take a roll of the die with two number ones of which one should be top ten. LT is getting up there with too many carries for me.

trickblue

Reaction score
Hailmary;1513660 said:

JackMagist;1513783 said:
:hammer:
Most of Tomlinson's best days are behind him. He will have maybe two more years before he starts to break down. Trading two #1's for him would be as bad an idea as trading two #1's for Galloway.

jobberone;1513806 said:
I don't think he was being entirely serious. I agree with you. I'd rather take a roll of the die with two number ones of which one should be top ten. LT is getting up there with too many carries for me.

jobberone was right... I wasn't being entirely serious...

I wouldn't trade for Tomlinson if McFadden was in our sights...

That being said, LT is in NO WAY slowing down... get back to me this time next year if you think he is. Dorsett and Smith both had GREAT years into their late 20's early 30's...

Again... it was just for fun...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;1513830 said:

That being said, LT is in NO WAY slowing down... get back to me this time next year if you think he is. Dorsett and Smith both had GREAT years into their late 20's early 30's...

There was more support on this board for trading a 1st and a 3rd for Turner, back when we only had 1 1st, than there is for trading two firsts for LT. Go figure.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
FLcowboy;1513652 said:
I found the following. Do you have another definition? If you are challenging the use of unsubstantiated with rumor, since rumor could imply there is no truth to the story, thus in a sense being a double negative, then ask yourself is PFT is a substantiated source of rumors.

unsubstantiated
adj
  • 1. Not proven or supported by evidence
    • Thesaurus: unproven, unconfirmed, questionable, unsupported, uncorroborated, unestablished, unverified, debatable, dubious, unattested.

I bet you're fun at parties.

Now, get back to the Scripps spelling bee action.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
jackrussell;1513884 said:
I bet you're fun at parties.

Now, get back to the Scripps spelling bee action.

you take a shot at him on something that was just blatantly wrong and then come back with this. i know you are no fun at parties.

Hailmary

Reaction score
trickblue;1513830 said:

I know it was just for fun :)

I was having a little fun too. This time of year bites for a football fan.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
trickblue;1513830 said:

But there are also tons of backs who just completely broke down. After the 2001 season, everyone thought that Marshall Faulk, at age 28 would eventually become the league's leading all-time rusher -- he was closing in on 10,000 yards and had broken off 4 straight 1300+ yard seasons. All of a sudden, he's less effective and hasn't hit 1000 since.

LT is great but with the number of touches (rush + catch) he gets each year, he has a strong potential to wear down -- he has averaged 400 a year -- Emmitt was closer to 350 with only 4 years total over 400. Dorsett was around 330 a year, with one year over 400.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
abersonc;1514093 said:
But there are also tons of backs who just completely broke down. After the 2001 season, everyone thought that Marshall Faulk, at age 28 would eventually become the league's leading all-time rusher -- he was closing in on 10,000 yards and had broken off 4 straight 1300+ yard seasons. All of a sudden, he's less effective and hasn't hit 1000 since.

LT is great but with the number of touches (rush + catch) he gets each year, he has a strong potential to wear down -- he has averaged 400 a year -- Emmitt was closer to 350 with only 4 years total over 400. Dorsett was around 330 a year, with one year over 400.

Pretty much the same with Curtis Martin. When the slow down happens it seem to happen very quickly.