Unsung NT

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JeffInDC, Oct 26, 2019.

1. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,831 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    Davon Hamilton - OSU I’m just focusing on this kid in the OSU/Wisconsin game. This dude is LEGIT. He’s eating double teams against one of the best lines in college football. Dude has some serious anchor. Listed at 6’4”, 310.......looks bigger. Arms look thick as legs.

2. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

10,275 Messages
    16,297 Likes Received
    I don't remember his name but the NT for TCU complety wreaked the Longhorns running game yesterday .

Furboy, JeffInDC and kskboys like this.
  3. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

15,225 Messages
    17,432 Likes Received
    Good stuff guys.

It's amazing how much effect one big dude can have on a DLine.

Dak_Attack_09 and Furboy like this.
  4. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

24,632 Messages
    12,882 Likes Received
    Praying we land one might have to step it up and offer up a goat or something...:p

Furboy likes this.
  5. JeffInDC

1,831 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    If it was #90, it was Ross Blacklock.

Oh_Canada, Furboy and Hardline like this.
  6. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

10,275 Messages
    16,297 Likes Received
    Yes. That's the guy. He was very impressive.

Furboy and JeffInDC like this.
  7. JeffInDC

1,831 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    Both guys are listed around the same size (both 6'4", 305-310lbs.) I just want a guy that's scouting report says "strong like bull, quick of the snap, and hard to be moved by double teams". That's all that is needed.

SeanLee50 likes this.
  8. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

14,302 Messages
    7,753 Likes Received
    Dallas' problem is 3tech not NT. Maybe they solved it with Bennett being able to start at the 3tech. Jerry's comments on Dallas better utilizing him means playing inside more. Hopefully. I remember him and Cox wrecking havoc inside.

9. JeffInDC

1,831 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    I respectfully disagree. Collins has been pretty good at the 3T, but he get's pushed back in the run game when double teamed. Woods is a great story and, for the most part, does a decent job. NOW, imagine how strong the IDL becomes if Woods is the BACKUP 1T.

Furboy and kskboys like this.
  10. kskboys

15,225 Messages
    17,432 Likes Received
    We do nothing but draft/sign 3 tech types. Collins, Hill, Crawford, Covington, all 3 techs. Craw is a 3 tech type, and Taco and Hyder and Joe Jackson and now Bennett can all play the 3.

How in the world can anyone say we need more 3 tech types? That's all we have.

11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

21,274 Messages
    7,404 Likes Received
    Covington is a 1-tech and so is Woods. That's more than any team in the NFL needs on a gameday roster.

The rest of this post is nonsense, since Taco is gone, Crawford is gone, Hyder is a DE, and Jackson has never played DT at all.

The Lions traded for Snacks Harrison and then signed Mike Daniels and STILL have one of the worst run defenses in the league. These guys are just useless.

12. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

2,394 Messages
    2,757 Likes Received
    Jason Strowbridge from North Carolina in the fifth as our 3T.
    Jarmari Chisholm from Texas in the sixth as our 1T.

What can I say I'm a fan of taller frames and longer arms. To expand our front four's combined wingspan. The combined wingspan of our front four can shrink running lanes and clog passing lanes at the LOS.

13. JeffInDC

1,831 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    While I like and understand your thinking, the only issue I have with the taller frame guys is leverage issues - so many of these young guys built like that have a problem staying low. What I would love to have is a 6’2”-6’4”, 325lb.+ dude with at least 33”arms that is quick of the snap and “country” strong.......paging Derrick Brown. Hey, one can dream can’t be. OR, if they’re already souring on Hill, draft whomever is left out of these guys in the 1st:

- Derrick Brown
    - Javon Kinlaw
    - Raekwon Davis

Then, double up from Round 3 on with either:

- Leki Fotu, Utah (6’5”, 330+)
    - Blacklock
    - Hamilton
    - Super Sleeper: Neville Gallimore, OK (he’s a beast on a weak D). He’s got all the traits of a 4-3 1T/NT.

unionjack8 and kskboys like this.
  14. kskboys

15,225 Messages
    17,432 Likes Received
    Is it? Then explain to me why the best D's in the NFL all have NT's. You've got this backwards, and are coming to incomplete conclusions.

Last season, Snacks led the league in run stuffs.

What you're claiming is so bizzarre and off kilter, I'm not sure there's a response that you'd understand. Later.

Edit: Who told you Covington is a 1 tech? He's not. Seriously, you are getting some really bad info. Might want to try a different info source.

15. Future

Future Intramural Legend

21,274 Messages
    7,404 Likes Received
    You are wrong in every sense here.

What teams use NTs in nickel? lmao. Snacks is on Detroit and they aren't a good run defense. So the point is that having a guy like that doesn't make a bit of difference, so whining about not having one is dumb.

He is a 1-tech lining up inside the guard. I don't think he's played a single snap at 3.

16. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

2,394 Messages
    2,757 Likes Received
    Derrick Brown
    Javon Kinlaw
    Raekwon Davis

Are all about 6'5" 300+ pounds. So Dallas would definitely have my approval if they drafted either one of those three. But my post was meant to kind of let others know that there will be big bodied DT's available throughout the entire draft. To me they don't need one in the first, they just need one period.

17. kskboys

15,225 Messages
    17,432 Likes Received
    Personal insults? That's all you have? Very weak.

18. Dak_Attack_09

Dak_Attack_09 Well-Known Member

536 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    Only fools who support Marinelli.

19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

21,274 Messages
    7,404 Likes Received
    None of that was an insult lol

20. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

9,827 Messages
    3,989 Likes Received
    Big fan of this player. Would be a nice third round pick.