Unsung Player that you miss

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Why? He was not good enough as a pure receiver. The guys in front of him in Dallas were better than him at that time. He was gadget guy and I assume that is what you mean by "made up plays". His best year as a receiver was with the Giants when he had 36 receptions, but that was because they were desperate for receivers. He followed that up with a 1 reception season. Dallas used him correctly. It is just wrong to think Dallas didn't know how to use him. Romo led the league in passer rating in Harris' last season with the Cowboys and he did that by targeting better receiving threats.

Harris wasnt worth paying what the giants did though so it's not really a big loss. The switcher pick was a loss though. Wasted pick.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
what cowboys player(s) did you feel were under appreciated & you miss them / wish they were on the current team

for me it’s anthony spencer — this guy was solid as a rock on the weak side & never really got his full due for being a cornerstone on some good defenses

some other honorable mentions — marion barber, terence newman & darren woodson (not necessarily unsung but damn we miss him)
You guys are not mentioning this guy enough.

js66

Reaction score
I always thought Romo was under rated.. not sure he's an "unsung" guy though. Darren Woodson as well.

Nate Newton
Flozell Adams
Leonard Davis
Marc Columbo
Marion Barber
Laurant Robinson... in 2011.. 14 games, 11 TD's
Terence Newman
La'roi Glover

32BellyOption

Reaction score
what cowboys player(s) did you feel were under appreciated & you miss them / wish they were on the current team

for me it’s anthony spencer — this guy was solid as a rock on the weak side & never really got his full due for being a cornerstone on some good defenses

some other honorable mentions — marion barber, terence newman & darren woodson (not necessarily unsung but damn we miss him)

Bill Bates
Leon Lett
Kelvin Martin
Golden Richards
Chuck Howley

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The list is too vast. Everywhere from Bill Bates. To Tony The Thrill Hill. All the way up to currently Cole Beasley

eromeopolk

Reaction score
OK, here we go....Bob Breunig. Who was the Cowboys 2nd all-time leader in tackles before Woodson eclipsed Lee Roy Jordan? Who was the only MLB to be in 3 Super Bowls, 6 NFC Championship games, 3 Pro Bowls, 4 All NFC teams, and was on the Cowboys 50 year/50 player All time team. He was a member of the famed Dirty Dozen draft and started his rookie year

He was the last of the MLB trilogy of Jerry Tubbs, Lee Roy Jordan, and Bob Breunig. The only players to play MLB in Dallas Cowboys history from 1964-1984.

B is for Breunig no. 53.