Twitter: Up To The Minute Details on Dak's Contract Negotiations

Them

Reaction score
...welll...yep this contract thing is getting old!...:angry:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
D-Law was a bad contract for us. Wasn’t happy with Elliot’s either.. Wondering about Coopers..
I'll admit I wanted all of them back. Didn't care what. But I did not know Garrett and co. were going to waste this teams year last year. But even when we did it I knew Zeke and Lawrence's contracts could be a issue down the line.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'll admit I wanted all of them back. Didn't care what. But I did not know Garrett and co. were going to waste this teams year last year. But even when we did it I knew Zeke and Lawrence's contracts could be a issue down the line.
JG just couldn’t get it done. Things like waiting to get a new kicker so long was just another example.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Perhaps, but if what you said were the case, then reasoning over his first four years wouldn't be in play in context to what he gets paid. As I said before, I made very little money when I was young and nobody cared then. He makes much more and will make much more so there is no point to the idea that because he made less when he was young, it justifies him making to much now.
Nobody is "justifying" anything. You guys just for whatever reason refuse to understand how contracts work in the NFL. I'm not sure if its stubbornness or denial. But whatever it is at the end of the day he was extremely underpaid and now he's about to be overpaid. Either the Cowboys can play the overpaid game or they can't. But in the NFL if you want to retain your players you have to overpay. And to my knowledge I've never seen the Cowboys or Jerry Jones not retain players they wanted to keep.

Reactions: CWR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So signing three horrible contracts in succession should somehow be good reason as to why Dak should get overpaid? Try again.
No that's not what's being discussed. HE brought up how many playoff games Dak has won and I told him the same amount as those guys. If yo want to debate those contracts and how bad they are then we can do that. But that's not what's being discussed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nobody is "justifying" anything. You guys just for whatever reason refuse to understand how contracts work in the NFL. I'm not sure if its stubbornness or denial. But whatever it is at the end of the day he was extremely underpaid and now he's about to be overpaid. Either the Cowboys can play the overpaid game or they can't. But in the NFL if you want to retain your players you have to overpay. And to my knowledge I've never seen the Cowboys or Jerry Jones not retain players they wanted to keep.

BS. All that's being done here is justifications. Yes, we don't understand contracts. We stupid, you are smart............... We understand.

At the end of the day, he earned his 4th round selection status. At the end of the day, he elected to refuse being extended in exchange for more money in his pocket. At the end of the day, it's all Jerry's fault and because he wasn't the highest paid player at the time, he deserves to be paid whatever it is he's asking for.

Yes, we don't understand contracts. But it's fortunate for us, we have you all.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No that's not what's being discussed. HE brought up how many playoff games Dak has won and I told him the same amount as those guys. If yo want to debate those contracts and how bad they are then we can do that. But that's not what's being discussed.

Of course it is, you brought it into the conversation so yes, that's absolutely what's being discussed. By all means, pick a contract and lets argue over it! That discussion could not be any more ridiculous then this one.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I’d like to see one, single, solitary quote that supports this position

The only time Dak has been quoted about his contract was when he said he wasn’t demanding Russell Wilson money.

Thats it

Maybe his internal discussions with the team have changed. We don’t know. Neither he nor his agent have said a single word

What we do have is Stephen going on multiple media interviews and talking about how paying the QB too much equals failure. Sure enough, next day the bird is full of people crowing about greedy Dak killing our cap space

What we also have are numerous rumors, initiated by the Cowboys, saying Dak is demanding 40m per and Dak is demanding a 3 year deal. You think that Chris Simms rumor came out of thin air? Don’t be naive

next day, whatever Dak’s preciously illusionary and made up demands went out the window and the FanZone was full of posts about “DAK WANTS 45 MILLION”

Who exactly is jacking up the stakes?

It’s not Dak. It’s Stephen and Jerry.

They’re playing you

All Dak has done is refuse to sign the latest contract that was put in front of him. That’s it. He hasn’t talked. He hasn’t insinuated. He hasn’t leaked.

It’s sad that so many fans let their team loyalty color what in real life is probably a reasonable set of values and sense of fair play.

Think about what you’ve actually seen and heard from Dak or his agent and then try to justify your position here, and in other threads, that Dak is somehow sabotaging the team and displaying poor leadership.

I guess if rolling over and showing your belly on command is what passes for leadership, then I would have to agree that he’s lacking that particular brand of “leadership”. I honestly wouldn’t want a player who downgraded himself to appease a never satisfied fan base

Is it any coincidence that the mentality and appeasement of authority leadership style was on vivid display from our Head Coach the last ten years?

I don’t think so.

It’s why Jimmy and Bill left and if the Jones’s continue to do it with Dak, he’ll do two years on the tag because he has no choice and then he will go somewhere else and we will be left with nothing.

And you know what?

Fans will still curse and scorn him because he didn’t roll over for a belly rub.

You can do better Red. Apply some critical thinking
Oh I love a challenge.

Let me see if my battery is charged enough. Been posting my life memoirs on my FB page lately.

Ok..let's go short answer first time around.

You say Dak hasn't replied? Ummm..

Back around SB week, Jerrah said something about Dak's proposal was way over the top.

I don't remember his exact reply but it was definitely not pretty.

He sort of murmured something to the effect he thought Jerrah was negotiating in the media and Jerrah was up the river without a paddle. Somebody can fact check this.

I don't have time. I have a pandemic to do.

Additionally, I do not think Simms likes being yours or anybodies whipping boy. He posts very credible reposts for NBC and I rely liked the one the other day about Aldon Smith and his drug addictions.

Simms admitted he smoked and maybe still does and understands players playing on pain and that THC helps control pain.

That is some powerful 1st person honest reporting. Like to see some ESPN idiot do that. They would be fired.

I think you need to review your own sources for what and who you should believe before throwing water on mine.

And finally just to end this..I really don't give a rat's *** whether Dak wins or Jerrah does.

My position is together they are going to ruin both of their chances to win anymore SBs if they don't come to their senses.

Jerrah is taking huge risks to his team loading a $35-40 mil contract into his salary cap.

Dak is taking a huge risk that if he plays for $32 mil this year and fails..

he will be crap out of luck on his 2nd Tag as Dallas will play Dalton, save Dak's money and go find a younger, cheaper QB to replace him.

These are the facts.

You sort of move around the point of view in your post..

but it is clear you are being hopeful Dak is going to come thru and that he has already.

Nope.

Nada

Bupkiss

Not.

Next point?

Kwyn

Reaction score
Oh I love a challenge.

Let me see if my battery is charged enough. Been posting my life memoirs on my FB page lately.

Ok..let's go short answer first time around.

You say Dak hasn't replied? Ummm..

Back around SB week, Jerrah said something about Dak's proposal was way over the top.

I don't remember his exact reply but it was definitely not pretty.

He sort of murmured something to the effect he thought Jerrah was negotiating in the media and Jerrah was up the river without a paddle. Somebody can fact check this.

I don't have time. I have a pandemic to do.

Additionally, I do not think Simms likes being yours or anybodies whipping boy. He posts very credible reposts for NBC and I rely liked the one the other day about Aldon Smith and his drug addictions.

Simms admitted he smoked and maybe still does and understands players playing on pain and that THC helps control pain.

That is some powerful 1st person honest reporting. Like to see some ESPN idiot do that. They would be fired.

I think you need to review your own sources for what and who you should believe before throwing water on mine.

And finally just to end this..I really don't give a rat's *** whether Dak wins or Jerrah does.

My position is together they are going to ruin both of their chances to win anymore SBs if they don't come to their senses.

Jerrah is taking huge risks to his team loading a $35-40 mil contract into his salary cap.

Dak is taking a huge risk that if he plays for $32 mil this year and fails..

he will be crap out of luck on his 2nd Tag as Dallas will play Dalton, save Dak's money and go find a younger, cheaper QB to replace him.

These are the facts.

You sort of move around the point of view in your post..

but it is clear you are being hopeful Dak is going to come thru and that he has already.

Nope.

Nada

Bupkiss

Not.

Next point?
What a bizarre response

You said you love a challenge and would promptly provide support for your absurd position and refute mine ... and then peoceed with some hazy half-forgotten memory of something you think you might have heard one time?

Then you move on to talk about Chris Simms, whose most recent gem was the broadly renounced nonsense of a 45m fifth year lie that any insider with a source called BS. You’ll note he didn’t follow up with any defense or support of his baseless runormobgering because ... he did it for the clicks. Snokibf weed doesn’t make you some kind of infallible God of NFL insight. In his case it just makes him a sometimes entertained hack who also happens to smoke weed.

And then somehow, after that, you try to pull a “checkmate” series of weirdness ...

I keep telling myself I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt but your positions just seem to be stream of consciousness meanderings that never find their way to actually making a cogent argument

Carry on and we will continue to be bemused by your ramblings but hey, it takes all kinds

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course it is, you brought it into the conversation so yes, that's absolutely what's being discussed. By all means, pick a contract and lets argue over it! That discussion could not be any more ridiculous then this one.
You need to go back and reread what was posted. You jumped into a debate and aren't even sure what was being discussed. Here's your opportunity to go back and look.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
BS. All that's being done here is justifications. Yes, we don't understand contracts. We stupid, you are smart............... We understand.

At the end of the day, he earned his 4th round selection status. At the end of the day, he elected to refuse being extended in exchange for more money in his pocket. At the end of the day, it's all Jerry's fault and because he wasn't the highest paid player at the time, he deserves to be paid whatever it is he's asking for.

Yes, we don't understand contracts. But it's fortunate for us, we have you all.
Understanding contracts doesn't make you smart. Not understanding is just stubbornness and denial. That's all that is.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I’m starting to wonder........
After 9 years of doing it your way and not working and knowing this is your last shot. I would be doing everything. My kicker misses 5 kicks and he is gone, not waiting till he misses 10. I am firing the ST coach at bye week. Letting Moore do what he did in the first 3 games instead of having him go back to conservative and abandon the run. But I do think the players were done also.

I see he is grabbing all he can for his new gig. Columbo went over yesterday.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
What a bizarre response

You said you love a challenge and would promptly provide support for your absurd position and refute mine ... and then peoceed with some hazy half-forgotten memory of something you think you might have heard one time?

Then you move on to talk about Chris Simms, whose most recent gem was the broadly renounced nonsense of a 45m fifth year lie that any insider with a source called BS. You’ll note he didn’t follow up with any defense or support of his baseless runormobgering because ... he did it for the clicks. Snokibf weed doesn’t make you some kind of infallible God of NFL insight. In his case it just makes him a sometimes entertained hack who also happens to smoke weed.

And then somehow, after that, you try to pull a “checkmate” series of weirdness ...

I keep telling myself I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt but your positions just seem to be stream of consciousness meanderings that never find their way to actually making a cogent argument

Carry on and we will continue to be bemused by your ramblings but hey, it takes all kinds
Uh..

Talk about amusing meandering..

I give you the door prize, bub.

My time is a bit more precious than to keep stroking your venomous posts.

Suffice it to say I do not mind posting and debating football.

But this is way over my pay grade to do a psychoanalysis over your post.

Try looking up on your phone and search under "mental imagining deformation help".

You could use a counciling call, bub.

During the pandemic, its free.

Take advantage.

And Chris Simms has more skins on his wall as a professional reporter and player than you have as a wanna-be cub reporter.

I doubt he hears your faint bleating about his reports nor is going to apologize for something he didn't do.

Sort of ludicrous.

But in your mind..he's a poison pill?

Oh bro, double down on that help call.

Let me meander to another thread..

Buh bye.