Twitter: Up To The Minute Details on Dak's Contract Negotiations

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yeah. Exactly. Dak has half as many as Romo in a quarter of the time.
Yeah..

But I see it as Romo played better than Dak and did not fall behind as much as Dak.

Dak haz a nasty little nigel of a habit of starting games with alot of 3 and outs and the team gets behind.

Then to get a win he has to furiously rally the troops and its touch and go if he pulls it off.

He lost 8 of them last year. For those that like stats to prove a point..that stat leaps out.

FYI

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
After 9 years of doing it your way and not working and knowing this is your last shot. I would be doing everything. My kicker misses 5 kicks and he is gone, not waiting till he misses 10. I am firing the ST coach at bye week. Letting Moore do what he did in the first 3 games instead of having him go back to conservative and abandon the run. But I do think the players were done also.

I see he is grabbing all he can for his new gig. Columbo went over yesterday.
It’s truly amazing......he coached like he had job security. He did not go out swinging like you would think most people would.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You need to go back and reread what was posted. You jumped into a debate and aren't even sure what was being discussed. Here's your opportunity to go back and look.

Yes, I'm sure your right. Not only are we all stupid, or perhaps you are narrowing it down to just me now, but I also can't read. Of course, how stupid of me.

:rolleyes:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Understanding contracts doesn't make you smart. Not understanding is just stubbornness and denial. That's all that is.

And not understanding contracts doesn't make you a card carrying Mensa member either. Of course, now you will try and claim that it is I who doesn't understand and you will try and present as if you are the much smarter, understanding party in the conversation.

Who is it, on this board, that you think buys all of this crap from you?

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Who else is absolutely sick and damn tired of hearing about this story? Im fed up with it and ready for a damn resolution already. At this point, i don't care if he is re-signed. I love Dak but do not believe he is nearly as good/valuable as the money he is demanding OR as the amount of time, energy, and discussion this whole saga has taken up around here and in the national media. I'd rather rescind the tag and just go with Dalton tbh because i do not think the drop off will be big if anything at all...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yeah. Exactly. Dak has half as many as Romo in a quarter of the time.

Tony became a starter in the 2006 season. In 3 out of his first 4 seasons, he made the playoffs. If you go on from there, Tony would make the playoffs only twice more in his career and one of those years, he wasn't the starter.

Dak is playing for a loaded team, right now. But that could easily change in future and who can say what the future holds?

glimmerman

Reaction score
It’s truly amazing......he coached like he had job security. He did not go out swinging like you would think most people would.
Maybe he thought JJ was going to keep him. He finds excuses every year. He was thinking his year Marinelli was the scapegoat. Or Moore not being good. He was going to want to take control of the playcalling and fire marinelli and ST coach and bring richard up your DC.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure your right. Not only are we all stupid, or perhaps you are narrowing it down to just me now, but I also can't read. Of course, how stupid of me.

:rolleyes:
If you feel you are stupid then that's fine. But don't try and make it seem like I called everyone stupid by making this a "we" thing. You can stick up for yourself. You don't have to throw in others. Me and you are discussing this. If you want to play stupid then play stupid.

And not understanding contracts doesn't make you a card carrying Mensa member either. Of course, now you will try and claim that it is I who doesn't understand and you will try and present as if you are the much smarter, understanding party in the conversation.

Who is it, on this board, that you think buys all of this crap from you?
You are playing victim again.........

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If you feel you are stupid then that's fine. But don't try and make it seem like I called everyone stupid by making this a "we" thing. You can stick up for yourself. You don't have to throw in others. Me and you are discussing this. If you want to play stupid then play stupid.

You are playing victim again.........

But what about those who feel that they are smarter then everyone else? That would be you right? LOL...... Look, I can spend all day, everyday showing you exactly how you do this on this board. I don't because honestly, nobody cares but don't kid yourself, every day it happens. This don't have to be "we", you make it we by treating people as if they are stupid. Go back and read.......... Really? Nothing I said was wrong. Nothing I said untrue. And yet, I should go back and read because why? Because clearly, I don't get it right? You have the nerve to say that you don't call anybody stupid and then in the next line of your post, you say, "If you want to play stupid then play stupid."

Whatever dude......

Victim....... Sure, lets go with that. Are you listening to yourself here? You label everybody. Act Stupid...... Play Stupid...... Play Victim......

This is called projecting.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But what about those who feel that they are smarter then everyone else? That would be you right? LOL...... Look, I can spend all day, everyday showing you exactly how you do this on this board. I don't because honestly, nobody cares but don't kid yourself, every day it happens. This don't have to be "we", you make it we by treating people as if they are stupid. Go back and read.......... Really? Nothing I said was wrong. Nothing I said untrue. And yet, I should go back and read because why? Because clearly, I don't get it right? You have the nerve to say that you don't call anybody stupid and then in the next line of your post, you say, "If you want to play stupid then play stupid."

Whatever dude......

Victim....... Sure, lets go with that. Are you listening to yourself here? You label everybody. Act Stupid...... Play Stupid...... Play Victim......

This is called projecting.
I don't label anyone anything. You are playing victim. If you aren't capable of debating on a website then what are you doing here? You can't play victim every time someone disagrees with you. Get off your high horse. You are playing victim and arguing just to argue again.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't label anyone anything. You are playing victim. If you aren't capable of debating on a website then what are you doing here? You can't play victim every time someone disagrees with you. Get off your high horse. You are playing victim and arguing just to argue again.

We'll see........

Who decides who is capable of debating on a website? Is that you? You are nobody around here to decide who is what and how people can post. I'm not saying I hate to be the one to tell you this because that's not true. Truth is, I don't really care enough to feel any way about that. But I will say this, I hate to have to be the one to keep on telling you this. Figure it out, you don't rate with anybody here to tell them anything. You post what you think and move along. You accuse me of acting this way or that but all of that is BS.

Tell you what, tell me exactly what it is you have a problem with, that I said. It's a complete waste of time, it's going to bore everybody to death but I'll play. Tell me what you hate because you've dragged this thread completely off the subject now and so, lets get it over with. What do you think I lied about?

shabazz

Reaction score
Yeah..

But I see it as Romo played better than Dak and did not fall behind as much as Dak.

Dak haz a nasty little nigel of a habit of starting games with alot of 3 and outs and the team gets behind.

Then to get a win he has to furiously rally the troops and its touch and go if he pulls it off.

He lost 8 of them last year. For those that like stats to prove a point..that stat leaps out.

FYI

Urban dictionary term?.......haven't heard that one before.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We'll see........

Who decides who is capable of debating on a website? Is that you? You are nobody around here to decide who is what and how people can post. I'm not saying I hate to be the one to tell you this because that's not true. Truth is, I don't really care enough to feel any way about that. But I will say this, I hate to have to be the one to keep on telling you this. Figure it out, you don't rate with anybody here to tell them anything. You post what you think and move along. You accuse me of acting this way or that but all of that is BS.

Tell you what, tell me exactly what it is you have a problem with, that I said. It's a complete waste of time, it's going to bore everybody to death but I'll play. Tell me what you hate because you've dragged this thread completely off the subject now and so, lets get it over with. What do you think I lied about?
A poster asked me how many playoff games Dak has won and I replied with what playoff games Amari and co. have won and you stuck your head into a discussion that had nothing to do with you replying about "bad contracts". Nobody was discussing that. This is what you do. You troll until I guess whenever you stop feeling like it. This ends the same way every time.....

I say something.
You dislike it.
You then play victim and say how I'm calling everyone "stupid".
I disagree.
You play victim again.
....and again.
...and again...
proceed to troll.
....then tell me how you are wasting your time and you are moving on.

I know your games man...........

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
A poster asked me how many playoff games Dak has won and I replied with what playoff games Amari and co. have won and you stuck your head into a discussion that had nothing to do with you replying about "bad contracts". Nobody was discussing that. This is what you do. You troll until I guess whenever you stop feeling like it. This ends the same way every time.....

I say something.
You dislike it.
You then play victim and say how I'm calling everyone "stupid".
I disagree.
You play victim again.
....and again.
...and again...
proceed to troll.
....then tell me how you are wasting your time and you are moving on.

I know your games man...........

OK. What post numbers are we discussing so that I can go back and actually read what exactly you are referring to.

I stuck my head in..... You do realize that this is a message board and it's designed to be open for all posters to comment, correct? Is that an inconvenience of some sort?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
OK. What post numbers are we discussing so that I can go back and actually read what exactly you are referring to.

I stuck my head in..... You do realize that this is a message board and it's designed to be open for all posters to comment, correct? Is that an inconvenience of some sort?
Not at all. But the issue comes when you jump into a discussion and you have no idea what the discussion is about. But even then, that's a mistake someone can make. But instead of acknowledging what you did you've gone on a rant about how you are a victim and how you are so stupid. Its ridiculous and immature.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Tony became a starter in the 2006 season. In 3 out of his first 4 seasons, he made the playoffs. If you go on from there, Tony would make the playoffs only twice more in his career and one of those years, he wasn't the starter.

Dak is playing for a loaded team, right now. But that could easily change in future and who can say what the future holds?

I agree. You’re right. Nobody will know what the team will look like in 5 years.

I think this Argument can also be made about how good Dak is.

Romo got better pretty consistently throughout his career. He continued to improve well beyond 4 years in the league. He wasn’t a finished product after 4 years.

I think it’s fair to say Dak can still get better too.

of course he could also get hurt and never be the same. Which happens to players all over the league where one bad injury derails their careers. Never know

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not at all. But the issue comes when you jump into a discussion and you have no idea what the discussion is about. But even then, that's a mistake someone can make. But instead of acknowledging what you did you've gone on a rant about how you are a victim and how you are so stupid. Its ridiculous and immature.

So the post numbers? Are those coming or what?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree. You’re right. Nobody will know what the team will look like in 5 years.

I think this Argument can also be made about how good Dak is.

Romo got better pretty consistently throughout his career. He continued to improve well beyond 4 years in the league. He wasn’t a finished product after 4 years.

I think it’s fair to say Dak can still get better too.

of course he could also get hurt and never be the same. Which happens to players all over the league where one bad injury derails their careers. Never know

It's really difficult to project these kinds of things, which is why I try to point out how circumstances can often change any given landscape. It's a fundamental question, to me and it kinda gets right to the root of the problem I see on this board, day after day.

You have those who do not like Dak and never will. Reasoning drives thought process and I don't want to get into that discussion because I don't pretend to understand it. There are those who love Dak, no matter what and again, I don't pretend to understand that either. Then you have those who believe in the idea that salaries are going to continue to escalate and so it's better to get out in front of the curve, as opposed to being behind it. They see this as prudent investment, even if it may be paying too much. I understand that thought process but I don't agree with hit. On the other side, you have those who believe that cap matters and you can't simply continue to pay more and more to keep players (in this case Dak) simply because somebody came up with the idea that QB Salaries are supposed to go up year after year, regardless of what performance suggests.

Now, I'm not going to say that all of this boils down to these simple descriptions because, as we all know, there are certainly more in depth nuances to all of this but, I will say that this is how I see all of these discussion breaking down.

There are certainly question marks and I agree, Dak could certainly get better or, he could digress or suffer a career injury. Any of those things are possible.

I honestly don't see this negotiation much different then what CAA did with Tony. Some of the circumstances are different but CAA is trying to do exactly what they did when Tony was here.