Update: Jackson, Commanders agree to terms

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Jackson, Commanders making progress
Updated: April 1, 2014, 3:07 PM ET
By John Keim | ESPN.com

Jackson Continues Meeting With Commanders

Adam Schefter discusses the 49ers' interest level in DeSean Jackson if he doesn't sign with the Commanders.
The Washington Commanders and wide receiver DeSean Jackson appear to be moving closer to an agreement on a contract, sources told ESPN.

Jackson arrived in northern Virginia on Monday night and dined with members of the Commanders coaching staff, including coach Jay Gruden. He later went to a club with current Commanders cornerback DeAngelo Hall and wide receiver Pierre Garcon. Both players have publicly stated their desire for Jackson to join the Commanders, as has quarterback Robert Griffin III.

The Eagles came to the realization that releasing DeSean Jackson was a case of addition by subtraction, writes Ashley Fox.

"Very exciting player. Determined to show he is the best and hungry to win. My kinda guy," Griffin told ESPN's Britt McHenry.

Jackson met with the Commanders at their facility Tuesday.

The sides have yet to discuss contract numbers, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Philadelphia Eagles released Jackson on Friday, and the Commanders were the first team to schedule a visit with him. No other visits, however, have been announced. However, the San Francisco 49ers have a "real but guarded" interest Jackson, according to a league source.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10708312/desean-jackson-moving-closer-deal-washington-Commanders

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'd just as soon him go to the AFC like hmmmm.....the Bills.

If he does go to Washington then they need to put Carr on him at the LOS directing him inside and box him with the LB and a S over the top. If he gets frustrated by Carr's physical play then you can perhaps relax some although if you direct him inside they will throw the slant to him which is still problematic. We don't have anyone who can cover him st8 up unless Claiborne comes of age. Beating on Jackson brings out the crybaby and quitter in him. He still warrants resources and game planning.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I saw that Hatcher was sending tweets to Jackson imploring him to sign with the Skins and using the HTTR hashtag.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
By John Keim | ESPN.com

Adam Schefter discusses the 49ers' interest level in DeSean Jackson if he doesn't sign with the Commanders.
The Washington Commanders and wide receiver DeSean Jackson appear to be moving closer to an agreement on a contract, sources told ESPN.

Jackson arrived in northern Virginia on Monday night and dined with members of the Commanders coaching staff, including coach Jay Gruden. He later went to a club with current Commanders cornerback DeAngelo Hall and wide receiver Pierre Garcon. Both players have publicly stated their desire for Jackson to join the Commanders, as has quarterback Robert Griffin III.

The Eagles came to the realization that releasing DeSean Jackson was a case of addition by subtraction, writes Ashley Fox.

"Very exciting player. Determined to show he is the best and hungry to win. My kinda guy," Griffin told ESPN's Britt McHenry.

The sides have yet to discuss contract numbers, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Philadelphia Eagles released Jackson on Friday, and the Commanders were the first team to schedule a visit with him. No other visits, however, have been announced. However, the San Francisco 49ers have a "real but guarded" interest Jackson, according to a league source.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10708312/desean-jackson-moving-closer-deal-washington-Commanders

this is a short term success for skins. the eagles players couldn't say much positive about him and he was a bad locker room presence. that's with Andy reid and a team that has a structure. can you imagine his impact on the Commanders locker room that lacks leadership? it may pay off short term, but long term it will cost them. glad we are not looking at him.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
We are 8-5 against the eagles since Jackson came into the league.

It isn't like we haven't found ways to cope.

And he really hasn't even been a huge factor in the Series.

L - 6 rec 110 yds 0 tds
W - 2 rec 46 yds 0 tds

L - 2 rec 29 yds 0 TD
L - 3 rec 47 yds 0 td
L - 3 rec 14 yds 1 TD (PLAYOFF)
W - 4 rec 210 yd 1 TD

W - 3 rec 31 yds 0 TD
W - 5 rec 90 yds 0 TD

L - 5 rec 62 yds 0 TD

L - 3 rec 21 yds 0 tds
W - 3 rec 28 yds 0 TD

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
this is a short term success for skins. the eagles players couldn't say much positive about him and he was a bad locker room presence. that's with Andy reid and a team that has a structure. can you imagine his impact on the Commanders locker room that lacks leadership? it may pay off short term, but long term it will cost them. glad we are not looking at him.

I agree. I'll go out on a limb here and say he is definitely not beloved in Philly.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This is just typical Commanders. I'll wait until we see the terms of any contract before I bash this, but I get the feeling bashing will occur.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Because as we all know, the stats he had with the Eagles will be the same with the Commanders.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
By John Keim | ESPN.com

I believe this would be a HUGE signing for the skins.......can you imagine with his speed and RG3 ability to throw it into the clouds......how hard it will be to cover him DEEP........our FS will need assistance to say the very least!