Twitter: Update on Hankins Injury - High Ankle Sprain But Not Severe

blueblood70

Reaction score
so easy to say that
there is a reason there are starters and there are backups
that's true but a lot of backups become starters, they were brought here to replace an aging starter but need toime to develop. I can tell you right now and I'm tired of everyone being so hard on Smith when Jordan Davis was taking 13th overall in the first round and he didn't do much his rookie year either this is just the nature of nose tackle you're not going to really be able to judge them because they don't have a true stat line and now Jordan Davis in the second year is playing better but he didn't do anything last year Marty they both look like rookies at the nose tackle position that aren't contributing much as rookies... So the fact is we took Smith 27th in the first round they took Jordan Davis 13th in the first round he had all kinds of expectations and he didn't do much as a rookie at all.....

you need an example CD Lam stole AMari Cooper's job that's just one of many it's just next man up sometimes does mean once you get more snaps maybe you become what you were supposed to be it's a whole different role from that side...

On the opposite spectrum you got a guy like Tony Pollard that can't handle truly being the number one he is not more productive than zeke was as the starter... So the next guy behind Tony Pollard really isn't much different than Tony Pollard Rico Dowdle to me is a much cheaper option than Tony would have been I like Tony Pollard but he's not the Tony Pollard who was backing up Ezekiel Elliot..... Not many explosive plays not enough touchdowns just not as violent of a blocker he doesn't even chip as well so yeah there's two sides of that I mean just because Tony's a starter doesn't mean Rico shouldn't get more carries...

But just because mazi is the backup now doesn't mean he can't be the starter of the future and he'll maybe getting #1 snaps and being part of that first group we'll help him elevate his game a bit...

Creeper

Reaction score
I have been wondering lately just how effective Hankins has been this year. I guess we will find out the next couple of weeks.

But when they say he will be back for the playoffs, I have to ask, why so long? 4 weeks seems like a pretty bad ankle sprain to me. Trevor Lawrence looked like a cripple when he sprained his ankle last week and was playing QB for the Jags this week. I saw Lawrence get injured and I thought he would be done for the season the way his leg and ankle were bent. Granted, Hankins is carrying a lot more weight on his ankle than Lawrence but still 4 weeks seems like a more severe injury than the Cowboys are letting on.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hankins probably back after next week. How does Lawerence come back to play yesterday?
No need to rush him back he's not the kind of guy you want to have in and out of the lineup he should probably miss the next three games and then brought in for the last game just to get him back in to the flow of the game but you do not need to rush him back we are not that desperate we will be able to find a way to fill his shoes with the guy off the practice squad And Smith.. This isn't a quarterback you know like Trevor Lawrence was supposed to miss two to three games and didn't miss any but we're talking about a dude that weighs 350 lbs he's leaning on that leg in a position to where he's always trying to anchor and being pushed on by other 300 plus pound guys you need to not rush this guy back I want him for the playoffs.... It's not like we're coming up against teams that have dynamic runners and the strong run game I mean I haven't really looked ahead that much most of the runners that were coming across these dudes are gonna be running to the outside anyway we're not talking about these I formation pro caliber come right at you up the middle so they're gonna probably run outside anyway so that's gonna be on our safeties and linebackers...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have been wondering lately just how effective Hankins has been this year. I guess we will find out the next couple of weeks.

But when they say he will be back for the playoffs, I have to ask, why so long? 4 weeks seems like a pretty bad ankle sprain to me. Trevor Lawrence looked like a cripple when he sprained his ankle last week and was playing QB for the Jags this week. I saw Lawrence get injured and I thought he would be done for the season the way his leg and ankle were bent. Granted, Hankins is carrying a lot more weight on his ankle than Lawrence but still 4 weeks seems like a more severe injury than the Cowboys are letting on.
You do realize that a quarterback is in a very different position with his ankle he has a way to move around and he doesn't have to push on 300 LB dudes and he hasn't doesn't weigh 350 lbs and his was a lower ankle sprain not a high ankle sprain high ankle sprains are what Tony Pollard had that he needed surgery he literally had to have that lace up surgery to make sure it came back 100% the one crazy ankle sprain is the high ankle if some people take one week some take five weeks it depends on how severe it is that's why they have to do an MRI to see how far the cartilage separated from the bone...