Updated: ***Cowboys Players Official Cut List***

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4698136 said:
I will say this, I have no problem with keeping an extra QB, after all it is the most important position on the field in today's NFL. I do have a problem with McGee the player though, and wonder if he is worth keeping. Jerry did comment that McGee has worth, but I wonder what kinda worth he is talking about cause he hasn't shown the ability to get us a draft pick like other teams have been able to do with their backup QBs.

At this point, the only reason I would want to keep McGee is if he has trade value, problem is I don't see how McGee has any trade value at this point.

If you have a name, please provide. Let's see what he looks like.

burmafrd

Reaction score
lets put it this way

How many QBs were drafted late or not drafted at all; sat on the bench for more than 2 years with only some preseason play and then became a Pro Bowler?

I believe that list would be very short

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4698136 said:
I will say this, I have no problem with keeping an extra QB, after all it is the most important position on the field in today's NFL. I do have a problem with McGee the player though, and wonder if he is worth keeping. Jerry did comment that McGee has worth, but I wonder what kinda worth he is talking about cause he hasn't shown the ability to get us a draft pick like other teams have been able to do with their backup QBs.

At this point, the only reason I would want to keep McGee is if he has trade value, problem is I don't see how McGee has any trade value at this point.

Drafting qb's to turn them into picks is generally a losing proposition. Far more qb's are drafted than are traded for picks. Kolb is an exception but he was a top 35 pick.

I don't have a ton of hope for McGee. He does not appear to have anticipation and accuracy which are the 2 most important parts of quarterbacking. He is athletic, has a good enough arm and has size.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4698374 said:
If you have a name, please provide. Let's see what he looks like.

Well the point is I don't need a name if we only carry 2 QBs, the names would be Romo and Orton.

The point of the matter is if you keep 3 QBs, you would at least like to be developing one of them for potential trade value in the future, and that value just can't be seen in McGee at the moment (although I'm not Jerry, maybe someone is pulling his chain about McGee).

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
We might be arguing over a player who still very likely will be cut this morning. However if he isn't than I think JG made a mistake here. The team isn't going to win anything if both Romo and Orton are out, and as much as I was a supporter of McGee in the past, I just don't see a guy who has progressed enough to warrant keeping on the roster as a developmental project.

Rather have Josh Johnson if that's what they are looking for.

Woods

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;4698454 said:
We might be arguing over a player who still very likely will be cut this morning. However if he isn't than I think JG made a mistake here. The team isn't going to win anything if both Romo and Orton are out, and as much as I was a supporter of McGee in the past, I just don't see a guy who has progressed enough to warrant keeping on the roster as a developmental project.

Rather have Josh Johnson if that's what they are looking for.

That's my problem with McGee as well.

I don't think he's worth developing as a starter. I don't think he's a capable number 2, especially in Dallas with Orton on the roster. Not really sure what is worth is to the Cowboys. I would rather take a player who is worth developing as a solid back-up or a starter at another position (i.e., TE, WR, OL, etc.).

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Broaddus on twitter said he talked with scouts last night they had waiver claims, indicated they are trying to get Coale back if they can.

Mash

Reaction score
Having Orton as our backup and I think he is even younger then Romo........there is no need to keep McGee.....

IMHO its a waste of a roster spot

I can understand the reasoning behind cutting my pet players.....but I cant wrap my head around this one.

McGee offers nothing except for the excuse to run our scout team.....and you can pick alot of QB's off the street to run a scout team to mimic Vick or RG3 and have that player on the PS

Its funny....this team has a elite QB in Romo and one of the best backups in Orton.....they have years left in their career ......yet.....Jason decides to keep 3 QB's......

Makes no sense....

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
DWAREZ;4698494 said:
Broaddus on twitter said he talked with scouts last night they had waiver claims, indicated they are trying to get Coale back if they can.

Read that as well, also indicated they are heavily scouting TE's. Evan Moore?

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;4698503 said:

Saw where he was cut, could be a real possibility for us.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;4698503 said:

Not sure who but I think 40 TE's were available now from cuts, so they are looking for someone.

Then McGee probably gets the axe from the roster!

Also said looking for special teams help.

Broaddus said they are not interested in Koppen or bringing in a DT for the Ratliff injury, going with Brent and Lissemore.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
DWAREZ;4698510 said:
Not sure who but I think 40 TE's were available now from cuts, so they are looking for someone.

Then McGee probably gets the axe from the roster!

Yup and everyone will be able to move back off the ledge.