Updated GBN 2-Round Mock Draft Projection

sago1

Reaction score
See http://www.gbnreport.com/2006projection.html for full read of 2Feb6 GBN Mock Draft.

Cowboys projected to select OT Winston Justice with first pick & WR Devin Hester in 2nd round. There were only 2 OTs drafted in first round despite earlier hype about how great OT class was.

Unless Justice really that good and can start immediately for us at RT & maybe move to LT soon to replace Adams, I'd hope we could get a partner & move down few places to grab Ko Simpson, Bobby Carpenter or Max Jean Gilles & pick up a 3rd rounder.

In 2nd round I'd rather take WR Chad Jackson, OT Ryan O'Callaghan or OT Jonathan Scott over WR Devin Hester.

jbsg02

Reaction score
Winston Justice is a good pick (if we don't get a RT in FA). As much as I like Devin Hester as a college player, there is other players I'd rather have in the 2nd. I might risk a 3rd on him based on his kick return abilities alone.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Devin Hester is a second day pick. He was beaten out as a DB by a Freshman.
But he would solve our punt returner problem.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I'd be okay for the most part with the first pick, though I'd rather take Bobby Carpenter or Ko Simpson at 18 over an OT. But there are far better options to pick up at even wr in the second.. I'd rather take OT in the second and then maybe a wr in the third.

jumanji

Reaction score
yea, hester will not go in the first 3 rounds. he's a good runt returner but that's about it

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ouch rather have Ryans and Scott -- better yet trade down

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
Winston Justice is a good pick (if we don't get a RT in FA). As much as I like Devin Hester as a college player, there is other players I'd rather have in the 2nd. I might risk a 3rd on him based on his kick return abilities alone.
If you like players who get arrested for picking up prostitutes and brandish fake firearms.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I would not be a happy camper around 6pm on Saturday April 29th

jbsg02

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
If you like players who get arrested for picking up prostitutes and brandish fake firearms.

that doesn't mean they can't play the game. you wanna look at those great cowboy teams of the 90's and check the records of everyone?

Hailmary

Reaction score
Hester is NOT a second day pick. True he was hurt by the fact that he was moved back and forth between wr and db and didn't have a true position, but he's so electric as a returner that he'll merit a second rd pick.

A lot will depend on how he performs in Indy, but I can see him going late 1, early 2nd.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I think they'd be better off taking Carpenter and then Ryan O'Callaghan or Jonathan Scott in the second.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would seriously hate this draft. I think Justice is a thug. I'm not in love with the WR in the second either. Fix the OL. Give Bledsoe the time he requires and then worry about taking a WR. At least draft somebody who can stop the bleeding in our run defense. Horrible draft IMO.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I would seriously hate this draft. I think Justice is a thug. I'm not in love with the WR in the second either. Fix the OL. Give Bledsoe the time he requires and then worry about taking a WR. At least draft somebody who can stop the bleeding in our run defense. Horrible draft IMO.

I agree especially with regards to the run defense. Right now we face 2 coaches in the NFC East who love to run the ball in Gibbs and Coughlin. Both teams were able to run very effective against us in the last meeting of the season which pretty much sealed our fate.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
I think they'd be better off taking Carpenter and then Ryan O'Callaghan or Jonathan Scott in the second.

That would be how I would like to go as well. I wish we could move down a couple spots, still pick up Carpenter and pick up a late 3rd or 4th in the process.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
that doesn't mean they can't play the game. you wanna look at those great cowboy teams of the 90's and check the records of everyone?

Yeah, firearms, and prostitutes (not to mention drugs) where never around in those Cowboys dynasty days :rolleyes: