Updated NFC Playoff Picture

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
See a lot of threads asking about this. This is from ESPN’s Analytics site. Great website if you haven’t checked it out. Hard to find on the main page. Especially like their Playoff odds and Off/Def Line wins.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...c-nfc-seed-projections-predictions-super-bowl

Click link if want to see AFC version of same thing.

nfc_playoffs.jpg

nfc_seeds.jpg

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good info. But it’s still a set of predictions based on likelihoods. The NFL is extremely unpredictable which is why seeding happens after all games have been played.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
All I am concerned for now. SF beats Philly, We beat Philly. Seattle beats Philly.
We beat Buffalo. And go up by one game on Philly.
That is the only path. Eagles finish with the Giants twice with the Cardinals sandwiched in between. Eagles at worst will be 13-4 so that's what Dallas needs to chase.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Good info. But it’s still a set of predictions based on likelihoods. The NFL is extremely unpredictable which is why seeding happens after all games have been played.
I would like to know what they base our 18% Super Bowl on. Highest % in NFL of any team not headed to a bye week or home game advantages.

JustChip

Reaction score
These probabilities can change dramatically over the next 8 days. It starts this afternoon with the SF/Philly game. A SF win and a Dallas win next week would make it a 4 week season for the Division and the #1 seed between 4 teams.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I would like to know what they base our 18% Super Bowl on. Highest % in NFL of any team not headed to a bye week or home game advantages.
Dallas also has the best record of any team not headed to a bye week or home game advantages. Thats probably the biggest factor… not a whole lot of 9 win wild card teams out there

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
See a lot of threads asking about this. This is from ESPN’s Analytics site. Great website if you haven’t checked it out. Hard to find on the main page. Especially like their Playoff odds and Off/Def Line wins.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...c-nfc-seed-projections-predictions-super-bowl

Click link if want to see AFC version of same thing.

nfc_playoffs.jpg

nfc_seeds.jpg
7 teams have won Super bowl as wild cards from 1980 Raiders to 2020 Bucs and Brady----so not impossible.....we just have a long row to hoe...Go-Cowboys

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Eagles will slide beginning today…
mr Drip----if Eagles lose today and lose when we play them and we have identical records they win the tie breaker....our only chance is if the lousy teams they play

last few weeks pull off upset and act as spoiler and we run table or at least have less losses then them????

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Looks like we are locked into the 5th seed.
as i noted mr John 7 teams since 1980 have won super bowl as wild cards....1980 Raiders up to 2020 Bucs and Brady....not impossible but not easy...and we are

going to have to play defense at higher level and stay healthy....alot to ask....all i got to say....how bout Dem Cowboys??????

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm comfortable with Dem Boys (being #5 seed) playing the NFC South Champ on the road, then going the Philly...nothing about that road is scary. However, these seedings can still change a bit.