Updated NFC Playoff Picture

CWR

Reaction score
That is the only path. Eagles finish with the Giants twice with the Cardinals sandwiched in between. Eagles at worst will be 13-4 so that's what Dallas needs to chase.
If we lost to Buffalo and finished with the same 13-4 record I'd be curious to know the tie breaker.

Head to head is tie
Conference records are tied at 3 losses each
Common opponents would also be even I think:
We lose to Buffalo and Arz. 9ers
But they lose to Jets and Hawks. 9ers

Anyhow i expect to beat the Bills but it may be possible to drop one out of Conference and still take the division.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
as i noted mr John 7 teams since 1980 have won super bowl as wild cards....1980 Raiders up to 2020 Bucs and Brady....not impossible but not easy...and we are

going to have to play defense at higher level and stay healthy....alot to ask....all i got to say....how bout Dem Cowboys??????
How bout them!!!!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If we lost to Buffalo and finished with the same 13-4 record I'd be curious to know the tie breaker.

Head to head is tie
Conference records are tied at 3 losses each
Common opponents would also be even I think:
We lose to Buffalo and Arz. 9ers
But they lose to Jets and Hawks. 9ers

Anyhow i expect to beat the Bills but it may be possible to drop one out of Conference and still take the division.
If the tiebreakers get that far, strength of victory determines it. Here Dallas has a big advantage, they blew out all the teams Philly scraped by.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
If the tiebreakers get that far, strength of victory determines it. Here Dallas has a big advantage, they blew out all the teams Philly scraped by.
I thought it was based on our opponents win percentage not a point differential. Good stuff.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I thought it was based on our opponents win percentage not a point differential. Good stuff.
You are right, but since Dallas and Philly will have 14 common opponents by season's end, strength of victory might come into play.

Meaning those 89-17 combined scores against the Giants might matter after all. The Eagles might be stuck having to really run it up on them.

Reactions: CWR