Updated Sportingnews Mock

Reaction score
I'll pass on Sweed, give me the young guy from Michigan State. I will definitely pass on any DB from Oklahoma!!

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1986633 said:
I would rather have a different WR and CB. But I do like the Ray Rice pick.:cool:

I would prefer a different WR. I can't believe the love Sweed gets. He just doesn't have the drive to be the best he can be on a consistent basis.

Reggie didn't play in the Fiest btw BP. He was one of the best athletes OU had the past couple of years.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Tobal;1986653 said:
29 (29)49ers showDraftIcons(8083, false, true)Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee S (from Colts) The 49ers have a track record of drafting players who excel during Senior Bowl week. Cromartie had as good a week as anyone in Mobile, and then blew up the Combine with a superb workout.

I don't like leaving this guy on the board and I don't think we would.

I'd be very upset if they did that. But you can't have them all.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
L. Sweed has inj. problems so no and I would like a different CB

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Other than the Sweed pick, I would be all for it. Just not sure about Lima Bean Sweed. Drop-A-Doucet would probably be a better pick. But not even sure about him either.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1986740 said:
Trust me--Sweed is not worth it.....bad attitude and lazy worker.

I'm sorry, I won't trust you on this one, simply because I know you're talkin' out your hat...

Hard worker with top intangibles....

That brief blurb comes from his draft bio on NFLDraftCountdown...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/limassweed.html

After his junior campaign, reports filtered to the media that Sweed was going to file early for the 2007 NFL Draft. The receiver quickly shot down those rumors. "I feel like I'm a leader on this team, and I want to be a positive influence on the younger guys," said Sweed. "That's why I think it's important for me to come back, develop as a player and get my degree. My intention is to help this team win as many games as we can."

That's from an article on NFL.com... the guy thought of himself as a team leader, and wanted to be a positive influence on the team. what a "bad attitude"... I can say that as a Longhorns fan, I have never read one word about him being a negative influence, or being lazy, or ANYTHING remotely resembling that...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/limas-sweed?id=322

Indeed, I've been to maybe 20 or 30 draft websites in the last hour or so, and can't find one that mentions the attitude and laziness issues you attribute to him... the big concerns were his wrist injury, and his speed... after running a 4.46 at the combine, the speed issues have been addressed...

Tobal

Reaction score
i'm not sold on sweed as our pick, but why character assasination?

Smith22

Reaction score
silverbear;1987256 said:
Indeed, I've been to maybe 20 or 30 draft websites in the last hour or so, and can't find one that mentions the attitude and laziness issues you attribute to him... the big concerns were his wrist injury, and his speed... after running a 4.46 at the combine, the speed issues have been addressed...

Huddlereport mentioned it here during the draft chat talk.

Smith22

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof -> ZoneChat: Thanks Drew! Okay... Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed. Better pro, and who do they compare to?

Drew_Boylhart -> ZoneChat: Malcolm Kelly is like an Eric Moulds type of receiver. Sweed...I just don't have confidence that he'll show up every year that's NOT a contract year -- good talent, but questionable attitude/work ethic.

Tobal

Reaction score
In three yrs of following the Longhorns that's the first i've heard of a bad attitude. I question his pro productivity, but not his attitude.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Smith22;1987298 said:
Huddlereport mentioned it here during the draft chat talk.

Drew Boylhart is not somebody I respect for his ability to analyze talent, never has been... sorry, I know he was gracious enough to talk with us, but there was a reason why I didn't bother to get in on the "fun", I have long regarded him to be a joke... I really didn't care much to hear his take on the draft... note that this predates the first time I ever read anything from him regarding Sweed...

Somebody posted his profile of Sweed from the premium section of the Huddle Report a few weeks back, it might even have been in here... I had fun dissecting it, as he contradicted his own words from paragraph to paragraph...

I repeat, I'm a semi-devoted Horns fan, and have never heard any of their coaches or the Austin-area media say anything negative about his work ethic... if Boylhart or any of his fans has anything to back up that specious assertion, they are cordially invited to share it with this board... until then, I call bullbleep...

As further backup for that opinion, I offer this blurb that I found in Pro Football Weekly:

May not come into the league and dominate right away, but in a league of prima donna receivers, he is surprisingly humble and very hardworking.

Again, Boylhart says one thing, but he's the only one saying it... and a number of sources that I have more respect for say the exact opposite...

Bottom line, don't believe anybody who tries to tell you that Limas Sweed is lazy... it just ain't so...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1986633 said:
I would rather have a different WR and CB. But I do like the Ray Rice pick.:cool:

I project Reggie Smith to convert to safety. Same with Aqib Talib.

...and I take Chris Johnson over Rice.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
silverbear;1987256 said:

I have two draft mags now, and niether of them talk of any attitude or laziness issues...PFW says "may not come into the league and dominate right away, but in a league of prima donna wr's he is surprisingly humble and hard working"

David