Twitter: Updated Vegas Odds: Next head coach

ESisback

Reaction score
Whoever is chosen, rest assured there will be no shortage of outraged fans screaming how stupid the Cowboys’ FO is, or moaning about how doomed we are.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Source: The Score/Betting News

2020-01-05_2213.png

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Josh McDaniels isn’t a realistic option he wants almost full control of everything. Dallas is out!

Kaiser

Reaction score
I put myself through undergrad waiting tables in San Diego a hundred years ago. I worked at a place where a lot of the Chargers would come in, DE Leslie ONeil was the coolest of them. TE Kellen Winslow thought he was a lot more clever than he was (his kids came in with him, who have... been in the news too).

Eric Bieniemy was the young excitable guy ready to take on the world, my memory of him is him as a young kid back then. It really make me feel a million years old seeing him listed as a potential HC of the Cowboys.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Josh McDaniels isn’t a realistic option he wants almost full control of everything. Dallas is out!

See, I disagree that any candidate who isn't a former HC with a SB win on his resume' will have the kahunas to demand appropriate HC control for themselves. That's what scares me about McD mainly.

And the reason he's the favorite is that everyone knows Jerry can't have Payton, and there's been not a peep from Cowher in years as-if he might come back into coaching. Jerry's openly lusted for those two in the past.

He's also been an overt and persistent admirer of the Patriots. And that's why McD is the favorite, as least w/ this bookmaker.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Well, then again, we only heard this weekend that there were any names at all coming in to interview.

Give it 24-72 hours.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And the premium membership will feature an article that the new HC will either from from the NFL or a college team. Or Riley. But definitely not the Canadian Football League.
Pretty much sums it up :)

_sturt_

Reaction score
Dont like this part...fine with them staying as long as its isnt pushed on the coach...who said Jerry doesnt meddle?

In truth, as much as I'm critical of Jerry for hiring assistants and just expecting the head coach to make it work -- I've had that kind of boss before, and it's absolutely ridiculous -- it does happen with some frequency in all of professional sports.

My beef with him really resides in the rest of it--he has no business imposing his opinion on things like who calls plays... and anything else that deflects accountability of the staff and players away from the head coach.