Upgrades over Jarwin/Schultz?

Who would you like to see starting at TE when the season opens in September?

• Total voters

bigE79

Reaction score
I know that some here really like Jarwin and Schultz, but the reality is that Jarwin is coming off a serious knee injury and Schultz, while serviceable, will never be an All-Pro.

I believe that Dallas needs to upgrade the TE position this offseason and frankly there hasn’t been a better crop, not just in the draft but in free agency, for as long as I can remember.

Any of these players would be an upgrade. Which one do you like? I’m listing them in my order of preference.

Zack Ertz: (likely to be released or trade)
We know that good tight ends routinely play into their late 30’s and you don’t go from breaking Witten’s single season catch record to a stiff overnight. Suffered from poor QB play but I think he’d shine in Dallas.

Kyle Pitts: (draft)
I know people either love or hate this player but he’s 6’6, blocks like a tight end but runs like a receiver. He has great hands and speed too. Someone needs to help me with the hate; this guy could be the league’s next great tight end. Is it just the idea of picking one so high?

Jonnu Smith: (free agent)
Let’s see if he makes it to free agency but Jonnu Smith had a great year last year even though his stats don’t reflect it. He’s more like a wide receiver and has speed but he can block too. I think if you put Jonnu in Dallas he is a monster tight end and catches 10 touchdowns.

Hunter Henry: (free agent)
Make a lot of cash last season on the franchise tag but then didn’t produce that well. But he has the physical talent and I think suffered under lack of innovation.

Here are some other notables: Trey Burton (Mr. Philly Special), Tyler Eifert, Jake Butt, Pat Freiermuth (has never dropped a pass in the red zone)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/tight-end/
If pitts is there at 10,he's our pick...dak friendly..who needs defense, gotta give the qb more help.