Urban Meyer to Florida

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
SLC media had him pegged for ND for sure...

$ talks plus Florida is just a better program than ND is now (darn academic standards).

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
If you want to impress the person sitting next to you on the plane; you tell them you coach at Notre Dame. If you want to play in early January, you coach at Florida.

If you want to win and have any sense of job security, it makes no sense to go to Notre Dame. ND handcuffs a coach in so many ways. You can't accept transfer. They have strict academic requirements. You play a schedule that never has any cupcakes.

Notre Dame is hype. Meyer realized he can recruit better athletes and play a better schedule.

smart move by Meyer

royhitshard

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
If you want to impress the person sitting next to you on the plane; you tell them you coach at Notre Dame. If you want to play in early January, you coach at Florida.

If you want to win and have any sense of job security, it makes no sense to go to Notre Dame. ND handcuffs a coach in so many ways. You can't accept transfer. They have strict academic requirements. You play a schedule that never has any cupcakes.

Notre Dame is hype. Meyer realized he can recruit better athletes and play a better schedule.

smart move by Meyer

Very Smart!!!!

Avery

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:

That's a great quote.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
It probably didn't hurt that Florida offered him $2M a year, and ND only offered $1M. Less than Willingham was making.

Notre Dame may as well hire Harvard's head coach and join the Ivy League. They've got ivy on the campus and their tuition is high enough. They could rule in the Ivy League.

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Notre Dame is %*#$#. I love it! :D
Yup, 'cus that lying POS, job-swapper coach you aggies have, is as good as there!

His track-record speaks for itself.

BOOK IT!

Gatorgirl

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
ESPN is reporting that he will accept the Florida job.

VERY exciting! I was watching ESPNNews earlier when they were interviewing Pat Dooley (columnist for the Gainesville Sun). Pat had talked to Chris Leak, and Leak is excited about playing in his offense.

Nine more months until football season...the countdown is on... (sigh) :(

Avery

Reaction score
With a young Florida team built for the spread offense, they are going to get a lot better before they get worse.

Wish I could quadruple my salary in a single day without resorting to crime...

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
. You play a schedule that never has any cupcakes.

Please, they play at least one service academy per year, they often play Stanford, maybe BC, Rutgers etc.

This year, they played a soft schedule with Michigan State, Washington, Stanford, Boston College, BYU, Navy, Pittsburgh.

Any real program would look at that schedule and laugh if told it was difficult.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Please, they play at least one service academy per year, they often play Stanford, maybe BC, Rutgers etc.

He was referring to the schedule as a WHOLE on a YEARLY basis. For another words they never have a cupcake SCHEDULE (as a whole).

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Yup, 'cus that lying POS, job-swapper coach you aggies have, is as good as there!

His track-record speaks for itself.

BOOK IT!

You sound like a bitter Crimson Tide. And by the way isn't it ironic that a Longhorn criticizes head coaching talent when you have one of the biggest chokers in Austin. If Coach Fran had the the same talent tu has had in these recent years, we would have won a Championship by now.

On a side note, I was driving through Alabama the week after Coach Fran was hired. ;) I had a big ol' A&M sticker and license plate on my car. I decided to pass right on through Crimson Tide country and not spend the night. Didn't want to risk anything happening to my car. :D

Avery

Reaction score
Does every college thread have to turn into Oklahoma vs. Texas vs. Texas A&M?

Please create one solitary thread for these petty arguments so the rest of us do not have to read through them when we're trying to discuss other things.

Reaction score
Avery said:
Does every college thread have to turn into Oklahoma vs. Texas vs. Texas A&M?

Please create one solitary thread for these petty arguments so the rest of us do not have to read through them when we're trying to discuss other things.
Spoken like a true JUCO alum.

Avery

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:

So are you going to actually address the solution I proposed or not?

This thread is about Meyer to Florida.

And I do have a Bachelor's degree, but thanks for the label.

Reaction score
Avery said:
So are you going to actually address the solution I proposed or not?

This thread is about Meyer to Florida.

And I do have a Bachelor's degree, but thanks for the label.
Oh lighten up, it was just a jab, nothing personal.

It's a forum board, a PUBLIC forum board, I'd dare say there's rairly a thread that doesn't get hijacked in some form or fashion.

Keep on, and I'll make it my mission to search-out every thread you post in, and turn them into UT, OU and A&M discussions.

You've been warned!!! :p

Avery

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Oh lighten up, it was just a jab, nothing personal.

It's a forum board, a PUBLIC forum board, I'd dare say there's rairly a thread that doesn't get hijacked in some form or fashion.

Keep on, and I'll make it my mission to search-out every thread you post in, and turn them into UT, OU and A&M discussions.

You've been warned!!! :p

You actually make a pretty good point.

It's all good.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:

LOL Honestly though, I really don't think people understand how big college football is until they go to one of the big football schools. It's hard for the peeps in the small schools or universities that don't have much of an athletic program to understand how intense these rivalries are and what college gameday is like. I know I was blown away the first time I ever saw a game at Kyle Field. Going to a Cowboys game doesn't compare to an Aggies game or any of the top college home fields. College football is one of those sports that you really gotta be there at the stadium if you ever really want to capture the essence of it all.

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
LOL Honestly though, I really don't think people understand how big college football is until they go to one of the big football schools. It's hard for the peeps in the small schools or universities that don't have much of an athletic program to understand how intense these rivalries are and what college gameday is like. I know I was blown away the first time I ever saw a game at Kyle Field. Going to a Cowboys game doesn't compare to an Aggies game or any of the top college home fields. College football is one of those sports that you really gotta be there at the stadium if you ever really want to capture the essence of it all.

True dat!! The Cotton Bowl, War Memorial Stadium in Fayetteville and Kyle Field are the 3 most intimidating 100 yards of turf I've ever set foot on.

BTW, you can take down your sig-line pic whenever you like, kuddos to you for keeping it up there all week, w/o TOO much complaint. You're a good man!! Well, that is, unless you've become fond of it, then please, feel free to keep it! ;)