Urban Meyer to Florida

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Please, they play at least one service academy per year, they often play Stanford, maybe BC, Rutgers etc.

This year, they played a soft schedule with Michigan State, Washington, Stanford, Boston College, BYU, Navy, Pittsburgh.

Any real program would look at that schedule and laugh if told it was difficult.

Funny because real programs like Auburn played Louisiana Monroe, Kentucky, Mississippi St. Mississippi, Louisiana Tech and the Citadel. Real programs like Oklahoma played Bowling Green, Oregan, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas St., Nebraska, Colorado and Houston. Real Programs like USC played Colorado St., BYU, UCLA, Washington, Washington St., Arizona, and Stanford.

What was your point again?

My point is the teams Notre Dame schedule every year is a recognizable program. Some of these teams ND faced may have had an off year but rarely will you ever see a Louisiana Monroe or a North Texas on Notre Dame's schedule. We have all seen Michigan State, Washington, Stanford, Boston College, BYU, Navy, Pittsburgh and Stanford in the top 25. When was the last time Baylor, North Texas, Louisiana Monroe, Citadel or Kansas was in the top 25? In short, there are no Eastern Arkansas Valley State type of schools on Notre Dame's schedule which many of the big schools have.

I hate Notre Dame but even I can't deny the obvious that Notre Dame consistenly plays a challenging schedule. Even former Notre Dame coach Bob Davey advised Urban Meyer to closely examine Notre Dame's schedule before accepting any job there. Davey said the biggest impediment to Notre Dame repeating as champions has more to do with their schedule than their recruiting and he has a point. There really is no opponent Notre Dame can just completely relax on like a North Texas.