News: USA Today: For Diverse Cowboys, Dak Prescott Is The Ultimate Unifier

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You misspelled Beasley.
You ARE
Just because everyone suffers doesn't mean everyone's suffering is the same.
We all will die. But some will die from accidents. Some will die from disease. Some will willingly give their lives. Some will die in old age. And each of those deaths will have their own stories. Each of the victims would have a story to tell as will their survivors.
Don't dismiss another person's suffering by trivializing it through commonality.

No one is trivializing, old fellow. On the contrary, I say suffering is subjective, universal and ongoing.
All cultures, races, sects and genders have their storiescto tell.
To say that one group is supreme in suffering is naive, not to mention entitled.
It would take the wisdom of Solomon to say any one group is tops among sufferers.
Though you are almost as wise as he, I would say, put away the blinders and see the scope of suffering, today as in 5,000 years ago, and you will know the scope of worldwide suffering.
Commonality? Yes, suffering is common and worldwide and, sadly, ongoing as we speak. All are precious and all lives matter.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
To say that one group is supreme in suffering is naive, not to mention entitled.
When did "different" become "supreme"? :huh:

It would take the wisdom of Solomon to say any one group is tops among sufferers.
Though you are almost as wise as he, I would say, put away the blinders and see the scope of suffering, today as in 5,000 years ago, and you will know the scope of worldwide suffering.
Commonality? Yes, suffering is common and worldwide and, sadly, ongoing as we speak. All are precious and all lives matter.

I understand your sentiment, but it's misplaced. It's like telling a man who lost his wife, "All are precious and all lives matter. You're not the only one who has lost a loved one." If you don't understand the insensitivity of that commonality, I can't help you.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
When did "different" become "supreme"? :huh:

I understand your sentiment, but it's misplaced. It's like telling a man who lost his wife, "All are precious and all lives matter. You're not the only one who has lost a loved one." If you don't understand the insensitivity of that commonality, I can't help you.

Call me uninformed. A street urchin from Manchester. Bullied by the Teddies in Liverpool. Aggrieved by the fat beer-drinking louts in Racine, Wisc.
Alas, my handsomeness is no shield to your hurtful words.
All suffer. Excuse me, but I can only acknowledge humanity's collective suffering and not 20 billion cases of universal suffering. This is getting deep. My head hurts when I have to think extemporaneously.
You win. I anoint you the source of exactly who suffers.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I didn't say you had to be. I said it helps. Because you have something in common with one person of another race and culture and relate well to them doesn't mean you now have the personal experience to help you relate to a group of 100 men of different races and cultures. It is a fact that as groups blacks and whites have some different interests and preferences. Just because you personally done doesn't mean the average person or majority doesn't.

As the author and Dak stated being exposed to different music is one area where Dak can relate to more people. On average more white people prefer country music than black people. On average more black people prefer r&b than white people. Dak was exposed to both and likes both. Therefore he can relate to a greater percentage of the locker room when music preference is the subject and this increases his ability to converse and relate to more people.

Have you ever been in the situation where you were the only person of your race in a large group of people ? If so then you would know that for the vast majority of people that could be slightly uncomfortable the first time it happened. However, after experiencing that the next time you'd know how you felt and likely be more comfortable knowing deep down we are all very similar despite some cultural differences.

Do you realize there is still racism in America? Part of the reason is the cultural differences and the devide that causes. This is why many people are essentially ***holes. They can't really help it. Their ignorance takes over. People of mixed race backgrounds have less of this ignorance because, often, they experience both cultures. That's not to say ALL other people do it share some of that experience. It is just on average they don't.
Who said you said you have to be biracial? It doesn't help at all but obviously some want to be special snowflakes so I you just have to let them feel special. Most people have common experiences don't know why you trying to make every race these vastly different groups that are like different species. Like I said before it don't take much to relate to people but apparently it is hard for you and others to do. I guess I don't understand why cause its very easy.

No doo doo about the music example. I said the same dang thing regarding music and hobbies myself. That's why I said race is bogus and it is moreso based on how diverse your interest are instead of race. Smh it's like you just wanted to type and didn't read jack I posted.

Many times I've been the only person of my race somewhere and didn't feel nothing. Now if it was some talking animals or something maybe I'd felt different. We are all there for some common interest in most cases which is what brings people together so why would I or others feel different? Now I know we all have our insecurities but this isn't one of mine.

Racism is alive because people mainly live around their own so silly biases/views go unchecked. Similar to how you see folks online talk crazy to posters in ways you rarely see IRL unless it's about to be a fight or other conflict. It has nothing to do with being biracial my man just being open to other stuff and or treating people like you'd want to be treated will make you better more often than not esp on race issues.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who said you said you have to be biracial? It doesn't help at all but obviously some want to be special snowflakes so I you just have to let them feel special. Most people have common experiences don't know why you trying to make every race these vastly different groups that are like different species. Like I said before it don't take much to relate to people but apparently it is hard for you and others to do. I guess I don't understand why cause its very easy.

No doo doo about the music example. I said the same dang thing regarding music and hobbies myself. That's why I said race is bogus and it is moreso based on how diverse your interest are instead of race. Smh it's like you just wanted to type and didn't read jack I posted.

Many times I've been the only person of my race somewhere and didn't feel nothing. Now if it was some talking animals or something maybe I'd felt different. We are all there for some common interest in most cases which is what brings people together so why would I or others feel different? Now I know we all have our insecurities but this isn't one of mine.

Racism is alive because people mainly live around their own so silly biases/views go unchecked. Similar to how you see folks online talk crazy to posters in ways you rarely see IRL unless it's about to be a fight or other conflict. It has nothing to do with being biracial my man just being open to other stuff and or treating people like you'd want to be treated will make you better more often than not esp on race issues.

I'd be careful to assume things based on your own personal experiences. Just because things go easy for you doesn't mean it will the next person. Who are we to sit here and tell Dak that him being biracial hasn't helped him build relationships with players on this team?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I'd be careful to assume things based on your own personal experiences. Just because things go easy for you doesn't mean it will the next person. Who are we to sit here and tell Dak that him being biracial hasn't helped him build relationships with players on this team?
Using your logic on personal experiences why should I be careful but Dak shouldn't? Do we have a case of hero pandering from you? I guess cause he's famous and I'm not his view makes more sense on this matter than me. Things don't have to go easy for the next person but if it doesn't point blank it just lack of simple stuff regarding this matter on top of the fact nobody wants to interact with everybody anyway. I don't know who you are but I'm someone that isn't biracial and can/does get along with people of varying races so I say its garbage. I also didn't tell Dak I told people on here that are kicking that silly stuff lol. I would tell him though if the subject came up around me though.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

You did with your last sentence. Actually, you said you don't have to be and I said "it helps".
" You don't have to be biracial for that lol."--your quote

It has never been a problem for me to relate to anyone. I'm white. Literally, everyone of my school friends in high and middle school were black. After leaving an almost all white catholic school this is who I naturally fit in with. Three of my 5 groomsmen were black. One of the two white guys was my wife's pick and was her brother. In the early 90's when in Kentucky it wasn't so accepted and definetly not the norm to have diverse social groups. My outside of school white friends and my friends from school hung out and partied together for years after high school into college and still a small group of us do today. As a group we literally helped integrate what were very racially segregated parties both with all white parties and all black parties. I nor my friends ever felt awkward or out of place, but take my word some did. And, at first in the mostly white settings there was some uncomfortable feelings to say the least.

Please don't make those assertions about me as I've experienced these cultures and, at least in Kentucky and according to Dak Louisiana, there are differences. Maybe you have too. Maybe. Maybe you're just young and some of these barriers aren't there as much and I'm not aware. I hope so. Maybe you're just naive and that's actually a good thing.

Either way Dak experiencing mostly black and mostly white culture with each of his families DOES help him relate to others in the locker room better. If you disagree argue with him and tell him he's inaccurate about what he thinks about his experiences helping him relate. Because that's what he thinks.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Using your logic on personal experiences why should I be careful but Dak shouldn't? Do we have a case of hero pandering from you? I guess cause he's famous and I'm not his view makes more sense on this matter than me. Things don't have to go easy for the next person but if it doesn't point blank it just lack of simple stuff regarding this matter on top of the fact nobody wants to interact with everybody anyway. I don't know who you are but I'm someone that isn't biracial and can/does get along with people of varying races so I say its garbage. I also didn't tell Dak I told people on here that are kicking that silly stuff lol. I would tell him though if the subject came up around me though.
As he said. Your experince is yours. Not everyone's.
Not even close. Dak is the subject and he sees his somewhat unique experience as helpful in his relations with others and I can relate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Dak isn't the one making assumptions or telling people things should be easy because it's easy for him. You are entitled to your opinion as is Dak. I wasn't putting him on a pedestal based on him being a "celebrity". I'm just saying you are. I position to someone things should be easy because it goes easy for you. That's a very egoistical approach to the situation.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

How you misunderstood his point befuddles me. He was saying that you should be careful making what is normative for you normative for others. You have your experiences, Dak has his.
This isn't a story about your life. It's a story about Dak's life. And in Dak's life, he believes being biracial helps him foster relationships with both blacks and whites.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
You did with your last sentence. Actually, you said you don't have to be and I said "it helps".

It has never been a problem for me to relate to anyone. I'm white. Literally, everyone of my school friends in high and middle school were black. After leaving an almost all white catholic school this is who I naturally fit in with. Three of my 5 groomsmen were black. One of the two white guys was my wife's pick and was her brother. In the early 90's when in Kentucky it wasn't so accepted and definetly not the norm to have diverse social groups. My outside of school white friends and my friends from school hung out and partied together for years after high school into college and still a small group of us do today. As a group we literally helped integrate what were very racially segregated parties both with all white parties and all black parties. I nor my friends ever felt awkward or out of place, but take my word some did. And, at first in the mostly white settings there was some uncomfortable feelings to say the least.

Please don't make those assertions about me as I've experienced these cultures and, at least in Kentucky and according to Dak Louisiana, there are differences. Maybe you have too. Maybe. Maybe you're just young and some of these barriers aren't there as much and I'm not aware. I hope so. Maybe you're just naive and that's actually a good thing.

Either way Dak experiencing mostly black and mostly white culture with each of his families DOES help him relate to others in the locker room better. If you disagree argue with him and tell him he's inaccurate about what he thinks about his experiences helping him relate. Because that's what he thinks.
:clap:
Exhibit A.
Everybody has a story and their story should not be dismissed as some are doing with this article.

My life is my life. I'm not telling you what I think.... I'm telling you what I know.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Exhibit A.
Everybody has a story and their story should not be dismissed as some are doing with this article.

My life is my life. I'm not telling you what I think.... I'm telling you what I know.
Exactly. Wish I would've thought of that last sentence.
Great job posting this thought provoking article.

dogberry

Reaction score
Having a diverse social background helps.

My six year old granddaughter has two brothers.

She is now checking out books on Lucrezia Borgia.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

It don't help but at this point we are talking circles. You said you're white but could get along well with black people but aren't biracial right? Examples like yours show why I feel this biracial stuff is hype but I the crazy (I know you didn't say or imply that) one?

I'm going to always come up with views based on things I see, hear, etc just like everyone else. I don't get this assertions business you are posting about. Like I said previously its not hard to be diverse when your interest are that way anyway. Its not hard to understand if you have diverse interest its easier to vibe with more people initially esp when talking something as easy for most guys as sports.

When I see him I will do that. Not. I'm going back and forth in this thread and why would I argue I just disagree and said why. If you really think being brachial gives you some magical (obvious sarcasm but when disagreeing online some people like to get obtuse) powers so be it. I don't and funny thing is you are actually proving my point while disagreeing with me which I don't get. I would like to know how you can relate though when you aren't biracial?

Dak isn't the one making assumptions or telling people things should be easy because it's easy for him. You are entitled to your opinion as is Dak. I wasn't putting him on a pedestal based on him being a "celebrity". I'm just saying you are. I position to someone things should be easy because it goes easy for you. That's a very egoistical approach to the situation.
Lol Dak defender to the rescue smh. People don't like to hear the truth I see because relating to people isn't hard and none of y'all probably can't even explain why its supposed to be. Maybe y'all are shy but otherwise if you are outgoing. And have similar likes I don't see how its hard to relate. How am I putting him on a pedestal by disagreeing? When you put someone on a pedestal you usually are agreeing with said person not disagreeing. We all have egos but only when trying to use the morality play is that some type of bad thing. Lastly your ego thing would make more sense on something that is hard not relating to people.

How you misunderstood his point befuddles me. He was saying that you should be careful making what is normative for you normative for others. You have your experiences, Dak has his.
This isn't a story about your life. It's a story about Dak's life. And in Dak's life, he believes being biracial helps him foster relationships with both blacks and whites.
You again. No stuff I know exactly what he was saying. Stay befuddled its just a messageboard even though you have a knack of quoting me I've noticed. Why do yall keep saying this Dak said blah blah blah? Who cares? I said you don't have to be biracial to do what he is doing and I don't believe it help. What does that have to do with his experience and me discrediting it? Maybe it does help him but my point is it isn't a unique trait but apparently some of y'all think it is which is "befuddling" to me. Who said it was a story about my life? I'm just using myself as an example of my point and I could also use another person who seems to disagree Harris2 as another one.
Exhibit A.

Get this bogus ness out of here. Nobody is talking about his dang story. People are literally saying you don't have to be biracial to "get along" in the locker room. That does not and let me repeat does not mean that isn't what Dak believes helped him. It means I disagree with it which last I checked we all have done at some point. Are y'all dropping the same online life quote lines when y'all disagree with someone? It isn't that hard to understand but y'all so in love with Dak y'all can't even see what others are saying. I see what y'all are saying even if I disagree.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It don't help but at this point we are talking circles. You said you're white but could get along well with black people but aren't biracial right? Examples like yours show why I feel this biracial stuff is hype but I the crazy (I know you didn't say or imply that) one?

I'm going to always come up with views based on things I see, hear, etc just like everyone else. I don't get this assertions business you are posting about. Like I said previously its not hard to be diverse when your interest are that way anyway. Its not hard to understand if you have diverse interest its easier to vibe with more people initially esp when talking something as easy for most guys as sports.

When I see him I will do that. Not. I'm going back and forth in this thread and why would I argue I just disagree and said why. If you really think being brachial gives you some magical (obvious sarcasm but when disagreeing online some people like to get obtuse) powers so be it. I don't and funny thing is you are actually proving my point while disagreeing with me which I don't get. I would like to know how you can relate though when you aren't biracial?

Lol Dak defender to the rescue smh. People don't like to hear the truth I see because relating to people isn't hard and none of y'all probably can't even explain why its supposed to be. Maybe y'all are shy but otherwise if you are outgoing. And have similar likes I don't see how its hard to relate. How am I putting him on a pedestal by disagreeing? When you put someone on a pedestal you usually are agreeing with said person not disagreeing. We all have egos but only when trying to use the morality play is that some type of bad thing. Lastly your ego thing would make more sense on something that is hard not relating to people.

You again. No stuff I know exactly what he was saying. Stay befuddled its just a messageboard even though you have a knack of quoting me I've noticed. Why do yall keep saying this Dak said blah blah blah? Who cares? I said you don't have to be biracial to do what he is doing and I don't believe it help. What does that have to do with his experience and me discrediting it? Maybe it does help him but my point is it isn't a unique trait but apparently some of y'all think it is which is "befuddling" to me. Who said it was a story about my life? I'm just using myself as an example of my point and I could also use another person who seems to disagree Harris2 as another one.
Get this bogus ness out of here. Nobody is talking about his dang story. People are literally saying you don't have to be biracial to "get along" in the locker room. That does not and let me repeat does not mean that isn't what Dak believes helped him. It means I disagree with it which last I checked we all have done at some point. Are y'all dropping the same online life quote lines when y'all disagree with someone? It isn't that hard to understand but y'all so in love with Dak y'all can't even see what others are saying. I see what y'all are saying even if I disagree.

Everybody understood what you were saying but you.:laugh: