USA Today: It's time to admit Cowboys' Jason Garrett grew into a great head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

waving monkey

Reaction score
http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/201...s-jason-garrett-grew-into-a-great-head-coach/

You gon’ learn today.

On Sunday, the Dallas Cowboys solved a riddle that had befuddled them twice the previous season. The New York Giants came to town, winner of the last three head-to-head contests and the only team in the division to win a Super Bowl in recent memory. With their elite quarterback in Eli Manning, the division rivals seemed to have the Cowboys number.

No sir, not today.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Great, pump the brakes, good OK, he has moved just past adequate IMHO. I do not think he is as bad as others on here yell about. He is below Jimmy and Tom but I put him over the Tuna and every other stiff that has filled the HC job since Jimmy left. I give him credit for managing a team with an attention craving ego maniac owner. Think of all the coaches everyone of the posters here wanted I do not think any of them would have made it through their 1st contract.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Color me shocked. It's written by one of the writers from BTB. (I don't keep up. Maybe he left for another site. But same homer morons that will spin anything pro Cowboys)
Since the start of 2014, the Cowboys are now an amazing 29-6 in the regular season when either Tony Romo or Dak Prescott has started a game with the intention of finishing it. In 2014, Romo went 12-3, with Brandon Weeden going 0-1 in the lone game Romo missed; a loss to Arizona.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think Garrett deserves credit for having a plan and mostly sticking to it. I give Jerry credit for forcing him to hire an offensive coordinator because otherwise, I think the plan would have taken longer.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My opinion isn't changed by anything KD Drummond says on the topic, but the proof is in the wins and losses. Sooner or later everybody's going to have to come around on this one.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Since the start of 2014, the Cowboys are now an amazing 29-6 in the regular season when either Tony Romo or Dak Prescott has started a game with the intention of finishing it. In 2014, Romo went 12-3, with Brandon Weeden going 0-1 in the lone game Romo missed; a loss to Arizona.

That is an impressive stat. It show how important good QB play is.

kumizi

Reaction score
surely that's because of Garrett

just like the Rangers. Banister won manager of the year when they were playing well last year. this year anyone that watches them can tell you he is a moron.

Dwight

Reaction score
Jason has improved the team since Wade left but his game management skills are below average.

He needs to win a Super Bowl.

As of right now he is on the path of becoming another Marty Schottenheimer.

Status
Not open for further replies.