News: USAToday: Woodson snubbed again by HoF, Garrett decision still looms

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yeah. Pearson and Harris were the most beautiful dancers who the selection committee danced all night with UNTIL the clock struck midnight. Then they both turned into pumpkins. :rolleyes::facepalm:

Or they’re really good players who are quite what the current hall of fame players at their position were.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But the argument is what’s being made for Darren Woodson. If you respond to my comments then you’re accepting the context for which they were made. Darren Woodson is one of, if not THE greatest safety who ever lived. I dispute that. Drew Pearson should be in the hall of fame simply because he made an all decade list. I counter it’s worth far more than that. The continuing argument seems to be the hall is biased against Cowboys, then how have so many made it in?
The goal posts are swaying in the wind.

You made some haphazard comment about 25 Dallas Cowboys being in the Hall and thought no one would call you on the fact the Hall groups ALL players by affiliation--whether it be lifelong members of a team or those who have partial or practically no strong ties to a particular team. Then you follow up saying your context was misunderstood.

Right.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or they’re really good players who are quite what the current hall of fame players at their position were.
A northeastern or midwestern Board of Selector could not have said it better.

Tell me. Where is your favorite team geographically located again?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The goal posts are swaying in the wind.

You made some haphazard comment about 25 Dallas Cowboys being in the Hall and thought no one would call you on the fact the Hall groups ALL players by affiliation--whether it be lifelong members of a team or those who have partial or practically no strong ties to a particular team. Then you follow up saying your context was misunderstood.

Right.

Are there not 25 cowboys in the hall of fame? Is the hall of fame website wrong?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
A northeastern or midwestern Board of Selector could not have said it better.

Tell me. Where is your favorite team geographically located again?

somewhere I don’t live and don’t have a biased toward. Did you know Harold Carmichael at one point led the nfl in career receiving yards? Before Rice he was the most prolific wide receiver who ever lived. But he’s not in the hall because he wasn’t Jerry Rice.

darren Woodson has more rings, but he’s not Ed Reed. And there is little argument that can be made objectively to say he is

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
somewhere I don’t live and don’t have a biased toward. Did you know Harold Carmichael at one point led the nfl in career receiving yards? Before Rice he was the most prolific wide receiver who ever lived. But he’s not in the hall because he wasn’t Jerry Rice.

darren Woodson has more rings, but he’s not Ed Reed. And there is little argument that can be made objectively to say he is
Please.

There are members here who would make an argument FOR Carmichael being in the Hall.

Jerry Rice is not keeping Carmichael out of the Hall. It is the Board of Selectors.

Then you try another comparison argument of Woodson vs. Reed to support yourself. Not a good job.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

So your counter is a list of 15 that are players and are known only as cowboys. This right? Then the question begins, are you arguing my semantics, or the context of the point?

Dallas has been around barely half as long as the nfl as an entity. They have 15 hall of famers in that span, far more than any team made after 1960, and more than other teams that have many rings (players since 1960). How does this prove the nfl is biased against the Cowboys in the hall?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao: Yea Jackie Smith is a Cowboy. Cost us a SB. He played for us one year.
It is so misleading, isn't it?
So your counter is a list of 15 that are players and are known only as cowboys. This right? Then the question begins, are you arguing my semantics, or the context of the point?

Dallas has been around barely half as long as the nfl as an entity. They have 15 hall of famers in that span, far more than any team made after 1960, and more than other teams that have many rings (players since 1960). How does this prove the nfl is biased against the Cowboys in the hall?
Time is irrelevant. Players who are actually qualified to be in the Hall of Fame is the only salient point.

Philadelphia's franchise is as old as dirt. But Harold Carmichael is not in the Hall of Fame. Nice try with the "OMG! Dallas' franchise is half as old as those started in the 1930's!"

Tripling down on the 25 Cowboys in the Hall of Fame now. How many Giants fans would agree with you that Bill Parcells is a Cowboy?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Time is irrelevant. Players who are actually qualified to be in the Hall of Fame is the only salient point.

Philadelphia's franchise is as old as dirt. But Harold Carmichael is not in the Hall of Fame. Nice try with the "OMG! Dallas' franchise is half as old as those started in the 1930's!"

Tripling down on the 25 Cowboys in the Hall of Fame now. How many Giants fans would agree with you that Bill Parcells is a Cowboy?
There are some Cowboy fans that hate Parcells was ever a Cowboy.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Anyone who paid attention to 2003-2006. Otherwise you’re arguing Charles Haley wasnt. Parcells turned around 4 franchises in his tenure, all four being impressive and part of his hall of fame legacy. One of them being the Dallas Cowboys.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are some Cowboy fans that hate Parcells was ever a Cowboy.
True but he was a Hall of Fame caliber coach. This particular arguing member from another fanbase wants to validate grouping all enshrinees who have ever associated with a particular team as representative of one team--WHEN it suits his/her argument. Even the Hall itself acknowledges that each enshrinee's career is predominately associated usually with one franchise. That is why they bold enshrinees' names for those who view their lists.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Anyone who paid attention to 2003-2006. Otherwise you’re arguing Charles Haley wasnt. Parcells turned around 4 franchises in his tenure, all four being impressive and part of his hall of fame legacy. One of them being the Dallas Cowboys.
Parcells would have been in the HOF even if he never coached Dallas.

stuckindc

Reaction score
no one else outside the cowboys community defines him as such, confirmed by the fact that he doesn’t get hall of fame votes
so why does Lynch get so much love...Look at Woody's stats next to Lynch...and then tell me why Woody can't even make a finalist and lynch gets jocked? Did he revolutionize the position like Woody? Could he cover the slot like Woody? He has 1 Super Bowl...He has a sound bite calling out a play in the Super Bowl...BFD Gruden Schooled them on all the Raiders calls ....I think Lynch was good..but he wasn't anywhere near Woody...Butler won 1 Super Bowl...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Weak.

In regards to Haley, I stated what the Hall stated:

In cases where a player contributed about equally and/or in a major way to two or more clubs – he is listed in bold under both clubs

Haley is a Cowboy who is equally considered a 49er BY the Hall and both teams' fanbases. Deny that.

I cannot believe you are going there with Parcells. :facepalm: