News: USAToday: Woodson snubbed again by HoF, Garrett decision still looms

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
so why does Lynch get so much love...Look at Woody's stats next to Lynch...and then tell me why Woody can't even make a finalist and lynch gets jocked? Did he revolutionize the position like Woody? Could he cover the slot like Woody? He has 1 Super Bowl...He has a sound bite calling out a play in the Super Bowl...BFD Gruden Schooled them on all the Raiders calls ....I think Lynch was good..but he wasn't anywhere near Woody...Butler won 1 Super Bowl...

Super Bowls don’t define non-qbs, especially safeties. How many Super Bowls does Troy Aikman have if Woodson never existed? 0?

Lynch had a more complete career than Woodson. If Darren continues his excellent play in the second half of his career, he’s a hall of famer.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Weak.

In regards to Haley, I stated what the Hall stated:

In cases where a player contributed about equally and/or in a major way to two or more clubs – he is listed in bold under both clubs

Haley is a Cowboy who is equally considered a 49er BY the Hall and both teams' fanbases. Deny that.

I cannot believe you are going there with Parcells. :facepalm:

I never denied it, that was my point im making. Haley was revered for what he did with 2 franchises, and Parcels with what he did with 4. Going 10-6 with a roster that went 5-11 the previous 3 years still one of the best coaching jobs in cowboys history.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. Now franchise affiliations should be viewed by fanbases like free agency. Every player, coach and contributor are 'now' NFL hall of famers who just so happened to make their mark with a certain team or teams.

I can remember it now how, back in the day, I would chant "Parcells! Parcells! He is beating the Broncos and Bills in the Super Bowl as a Dallas Cowboy! YEEEEE HAAAAW!!!"

:laugh::facepalm:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never denied it, that was my point im making. Haley was revered for what he did with 2 franchises, and Parcels with what he did with 4. Going 10-6 with a roster that went 5-11 the previous 3 years still one of the best coaching jobs in cowboys history.
Quadrupling down now.

Hey Cowboys fans!

Forget the non-Cowboys careers of Bill Parcells, Forrest Gregg, Herb Adderley, Jackie Smith, Lance Alworth, Mike Ditka, Terrell Owens and Tommy McDonald. 'Know' that the Board of Selectors inducted each one of them with strong consideration of what they did in Dallas, as opposed to what they did elsewhere. It is the normal font for how they list them on their website that gives it all away.

What is the term for being defiant five times?

stuckindc

Reaction score
Super Bowls don’t define non-qbs, especially safeties. How many Super Bowls does Troy Aikman have if Woodson never existed? 0?

Lynch had a more complete career than Woodson. If Darren continues his excellent play in the second half of his career, he’s a hall of famer.
more complete how? Throwing rings out...then what? Int's? Tackles? Passes defensed? what is the criteria that makes Lynch's " Career more complete"? what did he do that made it more complete than Woody? Could Lynch Cover the Slot? Woody could...Woody could play all positions on the back end and LB...Could Lynch? So again..what sets Lynch apart from Woody?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Quadrupling down now.

Hey Cowboys fans!

Forget the non-Cowboys careers of Bill Parcells, Forrest Gregg, Herb Adderley, Jackie Smith, Lance Alworth, Mike Ditka, Terrell Owens and Tommy McDonald. 'Know' that the Board of Selectors inducted each one of them with strong consideration of what they did in Dallas, as opposed to what they did elsewhere. It is the normal font for how they list them on their website that gives it all away.

What is the term for being defiant five times?

you can choose to speak in hyperbole, but that does not mean I was

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
more complete how? Throwing rings out...then what? Int's? Tackles? Passes defensed? what is the criteria that makes Lynch's " Career more complete"? what did he do that made it more complete than Woody? Could Lynch Cover the Slot? Woody could...Woody could play all positions on the back end and LB...Could Lynch? So again..what sets Lynch apart from Woody?

he was great until he was 36. Woodson was a different player in his 30s

BigD5

Reaction score
Always has been an east coast bias that keeps Cowboys out of the HOF

There is absolutely no denying this.

Safeties didn’t play the position like they do now until Darren Woodson. That is a fact.

The list of Cowboys not in the HOF is staggering when you consider counterparts that are in that weren’t near the player they were or have the stats the cowboys players have.

Pearson (1st team all 70 team)

Harris (1st team all 70 team)

Woodson (3x all pro, all time leader tackler cowboy history)

Johnston (reason why Emmitt is all time rushing leader)

Newton (only Allen is in HOF from Dallas OL in 90’s. So either Emmitt was that damn good or his line needs the credit they deserve. 6 pro bowl 2x All Pro)

Howley (SB MVP 5 time all pro)

Leeroy Jordan (Career AV of 123, tied with Howley for 10th-best in Cowboys history. 50 forced turnovers)

Harvey Martin (actually holds the NFL’s season sack record, having 23 over a 14-game schedule in 1977, but they weren’t an official league stat until 1982. Def POY. SB Co-MVP)

Cornell Green (five-time Pro Bowler and three-time First-Team All-Pro)

Too Tall Jones (57.5 career sacks, but that’s because of the same issue Harvey Martin did. Unofficially he has 106, with another 12 across 20 playoff games in his 15-year career)

Novacek (5x pro bowl 2x all pro 3x SB champion)

La’Roi Glover (6x pro bowl 4x All Pro 2000’s all decade team)

Everson Walls (4x pro bowl 1x all pro, 57 career INTs tied 13th all time)

lockster

Reaction score
You can argue all day about who to place as the second safety in the backfield, but Woodson is my first safety , because he could do it all. There's no weakness in his game. Remember, he didn't play free safety where it's easier to pick up interceptions, but yet he could cover Jerry rice! ! When asked to. He brought the fear of God to anyone running into the defensive backfield, and he also played lber. When he needed to and took on offensive lineman regularly! Heck , we don't even have a lber that does that very well right now. Lynch is a pure strong safety, polamalu somehow got by at free safety with slow speed thanks to scheme, Butler was good, but not as good as Darren, Atwater was smart and could break U in half on a tackle. Lol. If I had a second secondary, Atwater would be my strong safety for sure.

lockster

Reaction score
Lynch was purely a strong safety only!

lockster

Reaction score
he was great until he was 36. Woodson was a different player in his 30s
Woodson was playing with torn limbs and broken arms the last two years and had to rehabilitate from injury after his last season, leg injury. BECAUSE ,he did the dirty jobs no one else would do. He could have played longer, but why? Dallas was a wreck, and he knew it! So, he hung it up. Like Troy.