USC Pro Day results

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
DeAngelo Williams has really distanced himself as the 2nd best RB in this class . If he lasts until #18 he could be the Cowboys best trade option . A team like Indy. could be very interested in him .

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JIMMYBUFFETT said:
DeAngelo Williams has really distanced himself as the 2nd best RB in this class . If he lasts until #18 he could be the Cowboys best trade option . A team like Indy. could be very interested in him .
I'd include:

Denver (22 & 29)
Indy (30)
Pittsburgh (32)
Many into the 2nd round

Eskimo

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
What did Lendell White run at the NFL Combine or did he run at all? I wouldn't get caught up in the 40 times with a guy like him because everyone knows he's not a break away runner.

The issue here is the commitment to conditioning - the time when an athlete is typically most dedicated to conditioning is right before the draft because they could go from being poor to very rich in the blink of an eye - lots and lots of motivation.

Nevertheless, White has gotten himself out of shape. What's he going to be like in 3 or 4 years - 270-80 lbs?

Pokes28

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I'd include:

Denver (22 & 29)
Indy (30)
Pittsburgh (32)
Many into the 2nd round

Denver now has the 15 and 22 as part of the John Abraham trade. The Jets have the 29th pick from Denver.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

montgod

Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
He didn't run and according to Pete Carroll he's never run a timed 40 while at USC, so they have no clue his 40 time.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

I bet you someone knows.....and that would be White which is why he ain't running cause he is slow as dirt at the moment for a rb.

BigWillie

Reaction score
I wouldn't look too much into these 40 times. All were ran outdoors on a track surface. Basically, they equal diddly.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I find it funny that they say it's ran on a fast track, with ELECTRONIC timing, and saying that the real 40 time is about .8 faster then what the time says.

So Reggie Bush "really " ran a 4.25 40.

Electronic doesnt ADD time, it's just ACCURATE. The Coaches fingers dont respond the same as a computer system would.

what garbage

TEK2000

Reaction score
Did anyone else see the note where the PUNTER had 14 lifts to get warmed up for his punting.... and WHITE can only manage 15?

Tom Malone P Malone (5-11 1/8, 204) only did the bench press because he wanted to be fresh for the punting drills. He had 14 lifts.

LenDale White RB White (6-0¾, 244) had 15 lifts, but didn't do any vertical or long jumps. He did not run.

I'll take the Punter... he's probably in better shape and has a better chance at the NFL level.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Muhast said:
I find it funny that they say it's ran on a fast track, with ELECTRONIC timing, and saying that the real 40 time is about .8 faster then what the time says.

So Reggie Bush "really " ran a 4.25 40.

Electronic doesnt ADD time, it's just ACCURATE. The Coaches fingers dont respond the same as a computer system would.

what garbage

:hammer:

Winston Justice won't get near 18 now.

I agree. Was starting to warm to the idea of drafting him too.

I still like Eric Winston though. But I'd only take him if we traded down and both Carpenter and Lawson were both off the board.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
lol i noticed that but i didnt think much of it untill u mentioned it.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
Wow, White showed really poorly - overweight, weak (16 reps is bad for a power back) and then didn't run.

You think that is bad, how about OT Jonathan Scott from Texas with 17 reps. That is absolutely pathetic for a lineman.

White probably didn't help his stock any by being out of shape though. Dumb.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
You think that is bad, how about OT Jonathan Scott from Texas with 17 reps. That is absolutely pathetic for a lineman.

White probably didn't help his stock any by being out of shape though. Dumb.

Well, in a wierd sort of way, it's not too bad. It shows that he didn't beat his opponents simply with strength. And strength is something you can easily improve in the NFL. It's the "other stuff" that's hard to improve.

Still though, it is pathetic. I weighed 217 when I was at Midwestern, and I did 17 reps.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Rack said:
Well, in a wierd sort of way, it's not too bad. It shows that he didn't beat his opponents simply with strength. And strength is something you can easily improve in the NFL. It's the "other stuff" that's hard to improve.

Still though, it is pathetic. I weighed 217 when I was at Midwestern, and I did 17 reps.

It is really sad when you compare him to Winston Justice who had 38. I think it will effect his draft position materially too. The NFL doesn't run the players through these test for no reason. Scott may have been able to dominate college DEs with good technique but in the pros he will need to be a lot stronger to fend off the top DEs.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
It is really sad when you compare him to Winston Justice who had 38. I think it will effect his draft position materially too. The NFL doesn't run the players through these test for no reason. Scott may have been able to dominate college DEs with good technique but in the pros he will need to be a lot stronger to fend off the top DEs.

That was kinda my point. No doubt he will need the strength to make it in the NFL, but it's easier to develop strength then it is to develop technique.

As far as strength goes, Justice is almost at his peak (or is it peek?). Scott has plenty of room to grow as far as strength goes.

That said, I'd take Justice over Scott any day of the week.

gollum

Reaction score
I can't believe not a single one of you noticed that Brandt, if HE in fact wrote this article along with the results...screwed up...all of those "long jumps" for each player are almost certainly "broad jump" numbers.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
gollum said:
I can't believe not a single one of you noticed that Brandt, if HE in fact wrote this article along with the results...screwed up...all of those "long jumps" for each player are almost certainly "broad jump" numbers.

OMG! Such a travesty! And here we all thought these guys were just horrible long jumpers!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
The long jump is VERY important when our cowboys players are running and have to leap in from the 8 yard line or so. Since that happens SO often lol

the_h0wey

Reaction score
with bing not having a great pro day it seems very possible he will still be available when our 2nd pick rolls around.....but then again jerry did say we won't take a safety on day 1.....=(