User Mock 2/7/18

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the Cowboys would have to take a serious look at Jackson and Ward. I think they have to entertain possible trade offers for the two corners.

If decent trade offers... Take them.

If no trade offers, I think thenCowboys have a conundrum. They want to take Hurst but the Two CBs are rated much higher on thetboard and they think they can get another DB later but also think they might be able to get Bryan or Harrison in the second.

To the dismay of many cowboys fans they take one of the two CBs and figure they can solidify their secondary.

I don't like Jacksons lack of desire tottackle but think he is probably the better CB.

COWBOYS Take Joshua Jackson CB Iowa

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have a vote for Hurst, Wynn and Jackson.

My vote is Rashaan Evans. We need talent at LB desperately and he figures there.

So 4 votes in. 4 different players.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have a vote for Hurst, Wynn and Jackson.

My vote is Rashaan Evans. We need talent at LB desperately and he figures there.

So 4 votes in. 4 different players.

It's a good option. The LB from Boise State and the one from Iowa might be the only other two top Lbs left

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a good option. The LB from Boise State and the one from Iowa might be the only other two top Lbs left

Yeah they'd probably trade out of this if this is how it went and target some of those guys.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm going to leave this up until tomorrow morning for more votes.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'll vote for Evans. Almost went with Hurst here. (I also think we trade down a few spots if it plays out this way.)

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
The reasons I vote for Price...
1.We are built around the OL...the defense depends on it.
2.Control the time of possession/field position
3.Protect Dak
4.Open running lanes for Zeke
5.Versitility to play center/guard...has a mean streak.

It's not a sexy pick, but for the problems we had on the OL after Smith got hurt shouldn't be ignored. Cooper was solid until he lost his safety net next to him. Price will be a complete upgrade and not at a high cost...for at least 5 years.

With the CB class being deep again I think the Cowboys will look to go with the same philosophy as last year.

billy-price-180122-200x200.jpg

Billy Price, C, Ohio State

Price was a four-year starter for the Buckeyes. He played both guard and center during his career. He was a very dominant run blocker while lining up at center in 2017. He has quick feet and a very powerful base. He latches on and flashes the upper torque to rag-doll opposing defenders. He isn't a great knee-bender, but once he gets his hands on you, he stays attached. He does struggle with balance at the second level. He gets overly aggressive and ends up on the ground too often. In pass protection, he can anchor easily against power rushers and he's very aware vs. twists and stunts. Overall, I love his strength, toughness and position flexibility. He's not an elite athlete, but he's a Day 1 starter at either guard or center.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
in my opinion this is an AWESOME board for our Boys.

I vote Isaiah Wynn,OG-Georgia.....up-grade the Cooper spot...he can play tackle in a pinch.

I like Hurst ALOT...but there are some good DL we could get later.
LB is another group that we can stretch....(L V E,Boise St...Josey Jewell,Iowa...S.D.Hamilton,Bama...Micah Kisar,Va...Shaq Griffen,UcF....Mike McCrary,Michigan).
But OG???....we pass on Wynn.....we better pray no one takes Hernandez.....and what's the likely hood he's there at 50?
Solidify the fortress NOW.....RIGHT HERE @19.

Last edited: