Using water bottles to prevent pipes from freezing

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
wow...
how often does heat tape fail?
is it one per house or one per branch of pipe
Well,I don't know how to answer that,,they are like anything else you'd buy,with x number of hours of working ability in them ,you should expect at least a single seasons use ,they come in lengths if about 10' to 12' as I recall,,,I'd avoid buying that made in China imported item Waldo ,as the cheaper construction & materials used, definitely degrades it's expected work life's hours,,,so,you'd want to wrap in long spaced spiral loops to gain some footage covered, close concentric wraps means you'll be guaranteed not too freeze but you'll be wrapping on a lot more heat tapes,and I don't recall them to be like a string of Christmas lights where you can plug in to the butt end of the other in continuous fashion , maybe 10"-12" space between wraps should be adequate.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
due to lack of shutoff valve, it cannot be perfectly winterized.
i need to look at this some more...
Why do you invest capital into pre building code decrepit habitations?

R U angling fer' slum lord from Shezsewaun Status?o_O

waldoputty

Reaction score
the building has 2 units.
each unit has bathroom upstairs and bathroom downstairs.
the baths are on top of each other so the water supply line likely supplies both baths
the kitchen is next to the bottom bath so likely have the same supply lines also.
how many heaters do you think i need per unit?
1 for hot water and 1 for cold water?
or does each branch off of the supply need to be heater?
thanks

Melonfeud

Reaction score
gee, melonputty had a lot to say about ur lack of groovitude
Ha,that dude would tell you anything you'd be wanting to hear for another hit of that China white you've obviously been slamming on him,,,cuz' I do know the fractional output of that ' mirror melon' ,,,yer' just a diabolical old Chinaman with ancient Chinese secrets.o_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Ha,that dude would tell you anything you'd be wanting to hear for another hit of that China white you've obviously been slamming on him,,,cuz' I do know the fractional output of that ' mirror melon' ,,,yer' just a diabolical old Chinaman with ancient Chinese secrets.o_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

sorry bro.
he talks about all the weird stuff u do in front of the mirror that no one can dream of.
including stache extensions :eek:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
sorry bro.
he talks about all the weird stuff u do in front of the mirror that no one can dream of.
including stache extensions :eek:
Has he mentioned anything about
Alice Cooper look-a-like nite yet?,,, ha! I saw him pass out & hit the floor,,,,he don't know nothing,,,o_O

waldoputty

Reaction score
Has he mentioned anything about
Alice Cooper look-a-like nite yet?,,, ha! I saw him pass out & hit the floor,,,,he don't know nothing,,,o_O

sorry putty not familiar enough of ur world to get some of melonputty comments

but do recognize ur use of the double-negative there... ;)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
sorry putty not familiar enough of ur world to get some of melonputty comments

but do recognize ur use of the double-negative there... ;)
Ah-So,,,For I see you've been lurking over at " gimmetheball's" proper grammar curriculum thread ,,,eh?:rolleyes:

* deviously diabolical you areo_O

waldoputty

Reaction score
Ah-So,,,For I see you've been lurking over at " gimmetheball's" proper grammar curriculum thread ,,,eh?:rolleyes:

* deviously diabolical you areo_O

have not set foot in the thread
however, i was merely pointing out the feudian slip there over the facts...

Melonfeud

Reaction score
have not set foot in the thread
however, i was merely pointing out the feudian slip there over the facts...
Well ,then, allow me to extend my gratitude to you in you're expressing of yer' astute observations,,,o_O

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless you are using a well you should have an accessible meter used by the city/county. Turn it off, whether you hire a plumber to do it or pay the city/County.

You say it is not easily accessible but some e has to read it for billing purposes unless you have your own well.

And frankly it is easier and more reliable than trying to do a bunch of other methods.

Turn off water. Run excess water out of sinks. Flush toilets. Put a bit of antifreeze in toilets.

Problem solved as no water in pipes to freeze expand and bust.

Later you can turn back on water, flush toilets... Good to go.