USMNT - World Cup

Einstein

Reaction score
So the roster was announced:

Confirmed USMNT squad for 2022 World Cup
Goalkeepers: Ethan Horvath, Sean Johnson, Matt Turner

Defenders: Cameron Carter-Vickers, Sergiño Dest, Aaron Long, Shaq Moore, Tim Ream, Antonee Robinson, Joe Scally, DeAndre Yedlin, Walker Zimmerman

Midfielders: Brenden Aaronson, Kellyn Acosta, Tyler Adams, Luca de la Torre, Weston McKennie, Yunus Musah, Cristian Roldan

Forwards: Jesus Ferreira, Jordan Morris, Christian Pulisic, Gio Reyna, Josh Sargent, Tim Weah, Haji Wright

StylisticS

Reaction score
I do not understand bringing Ferrera over Pepi. I do not understand Morris over Pefok. Aaron Long should not touch the field for one second. Disaster if he does imo. I am not feeling to good getting out the group for the US.

Einstein

Reaction score
I do not understand bringing Ferrera over Pepi. I do not understand Morris over Pefok. Aaron Long should not touch the field for one second. Disaster if he does imo. I am not feeling to good getting out the group for the US.
GB loves Ferrera, and he was scoring regularly in the MLS... that being said he's not a 9, and we are in trouble. Morris is at least a goal scorer at the international level. Agreed though, we're in trouble.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Don't hate the roster. I do wish we had more guys in form and we had a true striker but it is what it is.
You go fight to make it out of the group stage and upset some big names.
A lot of guys on this roster will be back in 4 years.

csirl

Reaction score
USA in a weak group - only 1 good team. Good chance of getting to knock out stages.

Carson

Reaction score
A disappointing 2nd half is going to make it a lot harder for them to move beyond the group stage.
Odds makers are giving us about a 45% chance to Wales 37% to advance.

But I doubt we move on. We will get destroyed by England and beat Iran 1-0. Wales will beat Iran and just play for the draw against England

csirl

Reaction score
Its going to come down to goal difference between USA and Wales. USA needs to run.up the score against Iran and keep it a low scoring game against England.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3 thoughts

1. How the hell does a fit Gio Reyna not make it on the field?? He is literally a top 5 player for us, and might have the highest ceiling of anyone on the team if he can stay healthy.

2. Why do we have so many MLS players? Thank you Walker Zimmerman for one of the most clumsy, bone-headed fouls i've ever seen in that situation.

3. I think we need a new coach. This system is poo. 1 shot on goal? Not starting Reyna and Aaronson... We need our best players on the field.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Road gets tougher now but proud of the 5 points with such a young team.

The Dutch will be tough and each step will only get nastier until they fall but in 4 years' time US will be a real factor playing at home IMO.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
3 thoughts

1. How the hell does a fit Gio Reyna not make it on the field?? He is literally a top 5 player for us, and might have the highest ceiling of anyone on the team if he can stay healthy.

2. Why do we have so many MLS players? Thank you Walker Zimmerman for one of the most clumsy, bone-headed fouls i've ever seen in that situation.

3. I think we need a new coach. This system is poo. 1 shot on goal? Not starting Reyna and Aaronson... We need our best players on the field.
I think we'd all like to see Reyna but he may not be fit enough to press and clearly they want a 9 that will press all out.