Usually a good draft is 2 impact players

TheGoat73

Reaction score
With the Cowboys picking at the end of the rd this year, the expectation would be at least 1 impact starter and 1-2 year 1 contributors. Looking at this year's class, looks like we passed that bar:

Tyler Smith-probably starts day 1 at Guard.
Sam Williams-future starter, more of a sub-package player for this season.
Tolbert-with be competing against Washington to become the team's #3 starter.
Ferguson-will become our #2 TE now and possible future starter
Clark-future starter next to Parsons if healthy in yr 2.
Ridgeway-has a chance to be in the DL rotation as a run plugger.
Minus the 2-3 draft picks who seem to get hurt every year before the season starts and end up on PUP or IR.

Sorry, don’t mean to diminish your good post…just hoping we do a little more RBI’s off season to make sure we have the roster we need.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well if it's two players then my hope lies with Smith and Tolbert.

visionary

Reaction score
No Steele is at RT and he imo is just as good if not better and that in part is why they were willing to let Collins walk

I know that he doesn’t

you’re coming in the middle of a conversation without knowing what the context is

eromeopolk

Reaction score
With the Cowboys picking at the end of the rd this year, the expectation would be at least 1 impact starter and 1-2 year 1 contributors. Looking at this year's class, looks like we passed that bar:

Define the term impact. If you do, it is not a player drafted in this draft. I hope. But, I do not see it at all.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Define the term impact. If you do, it is not a player drafted in this draft. I hope. But, I do not see it at all.
Top 4 selections will have roles this yr, Clark if healthy will replace Lve in another yr

conner01

Reaction score

Early on Tolbert will get lots of reps till Gallup returns. By then it’s which ever of him and Washington is playing best

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:clap:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Backtracking 101
:facepalm::muttley:
Call it what you want. Didn't think I had to spell it out for any adult and I didn't...but you are the only lucky one who didn't get it..A poster even tried to spell it out for you and you still didn't get it and told him to mind his business lol.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Top 4 selections will have roles this yr, Clark if healthy will replace Lve in another yr
That is not impact. That developmental.

Impact defined as "have a strong effect on someone or something."...
Mel Renfro - impact
Tony Dorsett - impact
Emmitt Smith - impact
Jimmy Johnson - impact
Larry Allen - impact
Bob Hayes - impact
Kevin Smith - impact
Robert Jones - impact
Darrin Smith - impact
Roy Williams - impact
Demarcus Ware - impact
Dez Bryant - impact
Tyron Smith - impact
Travis Fredrick - impact
Zach Martin - impact
Ezekiel Elliott - impact
Dak Prescott - impact
Micah Parsons - impact

Every other top player for the Cowboys developed into starter, Pro Bowlers, and Hall of Famers. Example Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly, Dennis Thurman, Tony Hill, Ken Norton, Troy Aikman, etc. You knew Aikman had the skills to be great but he was not an immediate impact. I do not see any player in the 2022 draft that I would say will have an impact on the team in 2022 like I said Micah Parson would immediate impact the Cowboys being the best defensive player in the 2021 NFL draft.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Day 1 starter at guard doesn’t do us any good if he sucks. Let’s tap the brakes

I don't think he'll suck. For one thing he can't help but be an upgrade over Conner Williams from day 1. He's a big strong guy, and when he's on the field he plays with attitude!
With Tyler Smith at LG and Martin at RG, our running game is going to benefit. With C Williams at LG, opponents to afford to double up on Martin, but that just might change this year.

JBS

Reaction score
I don't think he'll suck. For one thing he can't help but be an upgrade over Conner Williams from day 1. He's a big strong guy, and when he's on the field he plays with attitude!
With Tyler Smith at LG and Martin at RG, our running game is going to benefit. With C Williams at LG, opponents to afford to double up on Martin, but that just might change this year.

he can absolutely be worse than C. Williams. Williams wasn’t the worst G in the entire nfl. Not even the worst guard to start for Dallas.

visionary

Reaction score
Call it what you want. Didn't think I had to spell it out for any adult and I didn't...but you are the only lucky one who didn't get it..A poster even tried to spell it out for you and you still didn't get it and told him to mind his business lol.

ill call it what it is

ignorance and backtracking 101:muttley:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Whose expectations? This team has so many holes that had they played their cards right, they could have come out with 3 or 4 starters. What's clear is that nobody in the front office watches much college football. Seems the workout stat sheet trumps all.