Usually a good draft is 2 impact players

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The draft was average. We didn’t come out of it any better off than everyone expected. None of the picks were particularly good value.

I hope picks 1-4 come in and contribute right away, because if they don’t, we’ll be razor thin at several positions.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That is not impact. That developmental.

Impact defined as "have a strong effect on someone or something."...
Mel Renfro - impact
Tony Dorsett - impact
Emmitt Smith - impact
Jimmy Johnson - impact
Larry Allen - impact
Bob Hayes - impact
Kevin Smith - impact
Robert Jones - impact
Darrin Smith - impact
Roy Williams - impact
Demarcus Ware - impact
Dez Bryant - impact
Tyron Smith - impact
Travis Fredrick - impact
Zach Martin - impact
Ezekiel Elliott - impact
Dak Prescott - impact
Micah Parsons - impact

Every other top player for the Cowboys developed into starter, Pro Bowlers, and Hall of Famers. Example Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly, Dennis Thurman, Tony Hill, Ken Norton, Troy Aikman, etc. You knew Aikman had the skills to be great but he was not an immediate impact. I do not see any player in the 2022 draft that I would say will have an impact on the team in 2022 like I said Micah Parson would immediate impact the Cowboys being the best defensive player in the 2021 NFL draft.
We drafted out of the 24 slot in a draft that was considered not to be a top heavy draft.
Just because the names were not recognizable by 95 percent of the fan base, does not automatically dismiss this draft class.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Early on Tolbert will get lots of reps till Gallup returns. By then it’s which ever of him and Washington is playing best
He was drafted to fill the #3 WR role, think Washington is just a bridge 1yr player here.

conner01

Reaction score
He was drafted to fill the #3 WR role, think Washington is just a bridge 1yr player here.
I expect us to be right back drafting OT and WR next year. With the cost of a second contract for a WR I’d be drafting one every year lol

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I expect us to be right back drafting OT and WR next year. With the cost of a second contract for a WR I’d be drafting one every year lol
I think they might already have their future tackles on the roster. Steele, Ball with Smith and the North Dakota developmental prospect. I agree, makes sense to draft a receiver every year, but doesn't have to be a top pick.

conner01

Reaction score
I think they might already have their future tackles on the roster. Steele, Ball with Smith and the North Dakota developmental prospect. I agree, makes sense to draft a receiver every year, but doesn't have to be a top pick.
Hope they do
Ball has the raw talent and the Waz kid is a technically sound player who could really develop with added strength
I’m not sold on smith being a tackle but he has the traits to be a very good guard
But Steele soon is up for a contract so what he does this year will determine what he costs

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Hope they do
Ball has the raw talent and the Waz kid is a technically sound player who could really develop with added strength
I’m not sold on smith being a tackle but he has the traits to be a very good guard
But Steele soon is up for a contract so what he does this year will determine what he costs
Steele is a favorite of our staff/front office, he is going to be resigned, unless his play falls drastically off. Both Ball/Waz need to get stronger, let's hope Ball gained strength in his so called red shirt season. Smith has an NFL ready body now. just need to work on his technique, it's all about his want to get better. Athletically and physically has all the traits to become a Tackle.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
he can absolutely be worse than C. Williams. Williams wasn’t the worst G in the entire nfl. Not even the worst guard to start for Dallas.
Never said he was the worst G in the entire NFL, but he was bad enough that he's no longer a Cowboy and I for one was very glad to see him go. I've seen enough of him to last me for a long time. I'll gladly take my chances on Tyler Smith over CW.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm continually amazed by Cowboys fans who think this guy or that guy will get us over the top.

It's delusional thinking. Jerry & Stephen have spent over a quarter century showing they can't do it. They aren't going to suddenly do it next season. :rolleyes: