Usually Keep 10 Defensive Lineman. Who Do You Got?

cowboyec

Reaction score
Think it's unrealistic to carry 3 players who offer zero pass rush and only play 20% of the time.
bohanna was a quinn pick...i don't think they move off him.
i think ridgeway is a better pass rusher than given credit.
on my 10 it was a choice between bohanna at dt or basham at de.
bohanna was a quinn draft pick...so i went with him.
and im not keeping hill.
in truth they probably carry 6 de's and 4 dt's.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Remember. Golston was pretty much thrown into the fire, as he missed the entire training camp. He also offers inside abilities.
Kinda what I meant about Quinn....

Someone like Golston rushing from an inside spot in a certain package.....Quinn will get us pressure somehow. I bet he makes Sam Williams look pretty good also.

Having a Parsons makes that a bit easier lol.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Defensive End

DLaw
Armstrong
Fowler
Sam Williams
Golston (Has inside/outside flex)

Basham (Could be fighting with Hill for the last spot)

Defensive Tackle

Gallimore
Osa
Watkins (Do they keep the veteran or go with the 2 prospects?)
Ridgeway/Bohanna

Hill
Are we bringing Urban back ?

J-man

Reaction score
Believe Golston is more of a lock, day 2 pick selected by this staff. Fowler was handpicked by Quinn, he isn't going anywhere unless he shows nothing in camp. This leaves the last spot of Bohanna, Hill and Basham. Who has the best chance to sneak on their PS? Probably Bohanna. With the addition of Fowler and Williams, my prediction would be Hill making the team.

More of a lock than who? Basham? Curious as to why you think Golston is more of a lock than anyone? He was picked by this staff, but Bash was signed by this staff and started 6 games for them last year. I don't think so, but did Chauncy start any games last year? Doesn't he still have PS eligibility? Because that may have some influence as well. And am I missing something? He's listed at 268#, I don't see him having any real inside flex appeal. To me they are both just rotational DE's and not much more.

Not trying to argue or anything, just trying to get where you're coming from vs my thought process. I guess he's less $ than Bash since he's still on his rookie deal but other than that I don't see any reason to say he's more of a lock than any of these guys.

Hill can play both 3 and 1 in a pinch, not well at either spot mind you but...I agree I think they may keep him again, unfortunately.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
bohanna was a quinn pick...i don't think they move off him.
i think ridgeway is a better pass rusher than given credit.
on my 10 it was a choice between bohanna at dt or basham at de.
bohanna was a quinn draft pick...so i went with him.
and im not keeping hill.
in truth they probably carry 6 de's and 4 dt's.
That is usually the case, just 4 DT's. We know Gallimore/Osa are locks. 2 out of the 3 NT's. Dlaw, Armstrong, Fowler, Williams, Golston, Basham

Cowboyny

Reaction score
More of a lock than who? Basham? Curious as to why you think Golston is more of a lock than anyone? He was picked by this staff, but Bash was signed by this staff and started 6 games for them last year. I don't think so, but did Chauncy start any games last year? Doesn't he still have PS eligibility? Because that may have some influence as well. And am I missing something? He's listed at 268#, I don't see him having any real inside flex appeal. To me they are both just rotational DE's and not much more.

Not trying to argue or anything, just trying to get where you're coming from vs my thought process. I guess he's less $ than Bash since he's still on his rookie deal but other than that I don't see any reason to say he's more of a lock than any of these guys.

Hill can play both 3 and 1 in a pinch, not well at either spot mind you but...I agree I think they may keep him again, unfortunately.
Golston was a former 3rd rd pick who missed the entire training camp last season. Basham was signed as more of a bridge player who won't be apart of the team's future at the position. When Golston was drafted they liked his positional flex as he can play on the strong-side and kick inside on the nickel, which he did on the college level. Agree, both are rotational guys at the moment, but they see more upside with Golston. You don't use a day 2 pick on a rotational backup.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Kinda what I meant about Quinn....

Someone like Golston rushing from an inside spot in a certain package.....Quinn will get us pressure somehow. I bet he makes Sam Williams look pretty good also.

Having a Parsons makes that a bit easier lol.
Also, let's not forget DLaw missed the majority of the season and Quinn started to use him at the 3 in the nickel.

cowboyec

Reaction score
That is usually the case, just 4 DT's. We know Gallimore/Osa are locks. 2 out of the 3 NT's. Dlaw, Armstrong, Fowler, Williams, Golston, Basham
if they keep 6 de's...i think that'll save basham.
4 dt's comes down to ridgeway vs bohanna.
i'd go with ridgeway...unless watkins stinks up the joint then maybe that opens the door for bohanna.

cowboyec

Reaction score
its gonna be a tough 53.
there are going to be some tough cuts.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
if they keep 6 de's...i think that'll save basham.
4 dt's comes down to ridgeway vs bohanna.
i'd go with ridgeway...unless watkins stinks up the joint then maybe that opens the door for bohanna.
They also could go shorter at DE knowing Parsons can play there and keep Hill or the other NT.

conner01

Reaction score
No reason for them to prolong the mistake of drafting Trysten Hill.

Send the bill to one Rod Marinelli.
If a guy has a shot at getting signed by another team to a decent contract there is value for letting him play out. Hill has a better shot at the drive thru at McDonald’s than bringing a comp pick
I’ll help him pack
Can we send Rowdy’s with him?

conner01

Reaction score
Yes, but it usually works itself out due to injuries. We said the same thing last yr.
There are always injuries
And many sprained ankles turn into our second practice squad that can’t practice
There will be guys on IR for sure
Some will actually be injured lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defensive End

DLaw
Armstrong
Fowler
Sam Williams
Golston (Has inside/outside flex)

Basham (Could be fighting with Hill for the last spot)

Defensive Tackle

Gallimore
Osa
Watkins (Do they keep the veteran or go with the 2 prospects?)
Ridgeway/Bohanna

Hill

Man, that's a ton of talent.

It's hard to believe one team can assemble that much.

Mr_437

Reaction score
DE:
lawrence
williams
fowler
golston
armstrong
DT:
gallimore
odighizuwa
watkins
bohanna
ridgeway
I side with this grouping. Hill n Basham are the odd men out here. Hill is stuck behind two 3Ts drafted after him, no Bueno. Basham is solid, but he's more of a base DE and Osa can slide out and perform those duties if DLaw or Golston are out.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They could go with 11, they done that before.
However some years back when they seemed deep along the DL (fans overrating our own players as usual) I thought they would go with 11 as the previous year, they only went with 8, but 2 were on short term IR.

Depends how they feel about the secondary as well, seems 10 at one, 11 at the other, and can go either way.
Usually 6 at LB, but they went with 5 one time, 7 another.

I do think this is it for Hill though. Between him and Bohanna, And I think this is a contract year for Hill, so that may not work in his favor.