Ut Vs. Ohs

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Rack said:
He really did dominate, SB. And that's coming from a Buckeye hater. Hawk is the real deal. He was the best player in the game tonight. Yes, even better then Vince Young.

Young wasn't helped by Texas' sorry playcalling though.

Oh, I thought Hawk played well, don't get me wrong... but unless he was a whole lot better in the second half "dominate" isn't a word I'd use... I mean, the Horns had over 200 yards of total offense in that first half (and it would have been worse but for those 2 gift-wrapped turnovers)...

I had the VCR running when I left the house for work, and you can bet I plan on checking out the second half when I get home in the morning... perhaps after that, I'll agree with your take on "domination"...

And yeah, I know you were actually rooting for the Horns tonight, so I took your comments in the spirit in which they were offered...

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yeah he was SB. He was in on a lot of tackles. He made big plays. He disrupted the Texas timing on several drives. I'm not a fan of either team. This is an unbiased opinion. Hawk was the most exciting player on the field tonight.

Good player, no doubt... and like I said, I didn't get to see any of the second half except the last few minutes (I was on my way to work)... I'll look forward to seeing his impact on the game in the second half...

And I'd still take Ahmad Brooks ahead of him in the draft... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I miss Dandy on MNF.

Meredith baiting Cosell was as good as MNF ever got... the good ol' country boy knockin' the pompous pseudointellectual windbag down a peg or two was always good for a laugh...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Oh, I thought Hawk played well, don't get me wrong... but unless he was a whole lot better in the second half "dominate" isn't a word I'd use... I mean, the Horns had over 200 yards of total offense in that first half (and it would have been worse but for those 2 gift-wrapped turnovers)...

He's 1 man out of 11. Texas' team stats have very little to do with what Hawk did. He wasn't play DL, LB, CB, and Safety out there. ;)

The kid is the best LB in college. Second best may just be that other OSU LB, Carpenter. You could tell their job was to bottle up Young and not let him run. Other then the first drive they did just that. What I like about them two LBs is that not only are they fast and quick, but they're physical too.

I'd take Hawk in a cowboys uniform. Wouldn't mind that at all. He could take Dat's place when he's ready to retire. Hell, Dat's already 30 (or almost 30) anyway.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Naw, they're more likely to fall out of the top ten...

If all I had to go by was your posts, Horns hater, I'd swear that Ohio State was up 30...

Of course, they would be, if they were only playin' Oklahoma... :D

I say it time and time again. You better beat OU this year Bear. You better beat us. :D

kev8822

Reaction score
Just got back from the game, and could not be anymore disgusted with OSU. Total and complete embarassement. To lose to Texas, at night, What a joke. Tressell should be suicidal right now. He got outcoached by Mack Brown in a big game. Patchetic. I wish my wife did go into labor so I wouldn't be forced to watch that horrendous offensive performanece and play calling. Nice hands by Ryan Hamby. He could've put the game away. He choked tghe game away, like FSU does to Miami just about every year.

At least the Texas fans I tailgated with were cool.

Tobal

Reaction score
I thought Texas got out coached myself, they just were able to overcome the terrible offensive play calling.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Tobal said:
I thought Texas got out coached myself, they just were able to overcome the terrible offensive play calling.

I agree. But tOSU's playcalling in the redzone was terrible too.

silverbear

Reaction score
Dallas said:
I say it time and time again. You better beat OU this year Bear. You better beat us. :D

I would, but I'm pretty sure I've used up all my eligibility... :D

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
kev8822 said:
At least the Texas fans I tailgated with were cool.

right on...we're a fun bunch!

don't be so hard on your team though....losing to the number 2 team by 3 isn't exactly 'embarrassing'.

texas is a great team, even if ou fans can't admit it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile said:
AJ Hawk has dominated this game. I can't believe anyone is even talking about someone else.

I agree...was definitely the best player on the field and the most NFL ready player on the field as well...

if we're sticking with the 3-4, wouldnt mind seeing him here next yr

David

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind him here period. He could take dats place.

jman

Reaction score
Dallas said:

That's starting to look like a better deal every day.

TCU kicks OU's Butt, then TCU goes out and stinks it up against SMU...and looses 21-10...LOL

What is the world coming to????...LOL

kev8822

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
right on...we're a fun bunch!

don't be so hard on your team though....losing to the number 2 team by 3 isn't exactly 'embarrassing'.

texas is a great team, even if ou fans can't admit it.

Umm no I should be hard on them. Losing to Texas is a joke.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
A few thoughts ... OSU is better coached overall but the new Texas D-Coordinator has the Texas defense playing at a very high level ... Hawke is a monster who was all over the place ... Vince Young might not make it in the NFL (lots of Heisman winners didn't make it in the NFL) but no one can deny he is a GREAT college quarterback, running and/or throwing ... the turnovers hurt Texas the but inability to contain the kickoff returns was as big of a problem.

Before the game while everyone was talking about Vince Young vs the OSU defense, I felt the key matchup was OSU offense vs Texas defense. I didn't think OSU would be able to consistently move the ball. I was right. They could only move the ball maybe 20-30 yards on a drive. The problem was that between the turnovers or the long kickoff returns they were able to turn all those short drives into field goals. If Texas could have covered the kickoffs Texas would've won but maybe 13 or more.

I think both Texas and OSU are extremely talented teams the big difference being Vince Young ability to make plays vs the OSU quarterbacks who couldn't consistently move their team. OSU nearly overcame this by being a more solid, better coached team.

This could very well be OSU's only loss of the season if one of their quarterbacks can win the job outright. Texas could go undefeated but I hate watching them make so many mistakes. Hiring the new D-Coordinator has given me much more confidence in their defense. Now it's time to hire a new special teams coach.