V. Young?

Letemburn

Reaction score
What ya think? Could his future in the NFL possibly be in a Cowboys unifrom? I know hes just a sophmore. But im just saying if we dont get a QB by the time he enters the draft what you guys think? Id love to have him after watching the game today

Letemburn

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. A decent thrower awesome running ability i see what your saying. others opinions...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Letemburn said:
What ya think? Could his future in the NFL possibly be in a Cowboys unifrom? I know hes just a sophmore. But im just saying if we dont get a QB by the time he enters the draft what you guys think? Id love to have him after watching the game today
I tend to doubt it for a number of reasons.

1. Henson is going to be the guy. I don't have the slightest doubt about this at all. Too talented.

2. Young's athletic ability is unquestioned. His QB skills are up and down. That will hurt his chances in the draft as well as in actual chances to show his ability.

3. Priority #1 for QBs is accuracy and his is questionable at times.

4. For some reason Jerry Jones and Scouting Department rarely draft players from the state of Texas despite some great talent there. I've never understood why either. Not saying never, just rarely.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Letemburn said:

I was extremely impressed with him tonight.....it was the fisrt time I've seen him play. I don't know much about him. So I'll just leave it at that.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Teams are putting RB's at QB and just spreading it out and letting them run. This is not good for development of traditional QB's. It may work on Saturdays and Vick is a freak who will eventually be broken on Sundays.

That kid was outstanding today. Its entertaining.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Vince Young will be a wideout like Randel El, and Anquan Boldin, and Ronald Curry, etc. etc.

His passes are downright horrible.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Teams are putting RB's at QB and just spreading it out and letting them run. This is not good for development of traditional QB's. It may work on Saturdays and Vick is a freak who will eventually be broken on Sundays.

That kid was outstanding today. Its entertaining.
I don't think Vick will fail as badly as some think. He's amazing.

Coming out of college I thought just like you stated here. I said he was too small, etc. He proved me wrong.

I enjoy watching him play and I am not at all ashamed to say he proved me very wrong and I think will keep doing it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some coach wanting to run the Red Gun offense or the Run-N-Shoot will snap him up. In two years he will be able to throw better. He could be something similiar to Vick or Andre Ware........who knows.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Fletch said:
Vince Young will be a wideout like Randel El, and Anquan Boldin, and Ronald Curry, etc. etc.

His passes are downright horrible.

I agree...his best chance of being an NFL player is as a wide receiver...and a long shot, or maybe a defensive back.

jdnalls

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The glorified RB will never play a down as QB in the NFL, mark my words.
That's funny but the very same thing could have been said of Vick.

Jimmie

Reaction score
Vick's an awful passer, as is Young. Young is a bigger version of Vick. :jints:

Letemburn

Reaction score
Jimmie said:
Vick's an awful passer, as is Young. Young is a bigger version of Vick. :jints:

Wouldnt mind having a bigger version of Vick. Vick has his games

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO Young is a better version of Rasheed Marshall from WVU.

Rasheed has been invited to the combine this off season...as a WR.

Oh for those who don't know...he had more rushing yards in the Big East then McNabb and Vick.

Problem is that is about all he did as his passing was so streaky....but man the guy was a warrior today playing with some really bad ribs....too bad WVU held true to form and choked in the bowl games.

Jimmie

Reaction score
I like YOUNG and think his passing skills will improve. He's a heck of an athlete. Something the 'Boys need. Some good athletes.

Letemburn

Reaction score
Jimmie said:
I like YOUNG and think his passing skills will improve. He's a heck of an athlete. Something the 'Boys need. Some good athletes.

thats what im getting at hes a sophmore, possibly 2 more years in college, atleast 1. On the bench 1st season in the NFL maybe get him in, in a couple games. 2nd season in NFL i see him as a pretty decent QB

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
I've only seen him this one game, but it looks to me as though he's got a bright future. There aren't too many sophomore QBs that couldn't use some refinement to their game. When you consider he started as a freshman on a nationally recognized team and only lost one game, then followed it up by going 11-1 and basically carrying the team on his back in a comeback Rose Bowl win, well, that's nothing to sneeze at.

Out of curiousity I compared his and Vick's career stats. In passing, Vick topped him in yards per completion, TD and INT %, Young has a higher completion % at this point. Rushing, Young has the edge over Vick in yards, yards per carry, and TDs scored. Vick's (NFL)QB rating his 1st year was 114.47 and 80.09 his second, while Young's was 78.28 his 1st year and 80.71 his second.

Any way you look at it, they're completely different players. All credit to Young though. He had an amazing game, especially when you consider Michigan basically nullified Benson, injured or not.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Letemburn said:
As long as he has the worst group of receivers in college football he's gonna struggle. If Jason White had Young's receivers he would be dead.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
As long as he has the worst group of receivers in college football he's gonna struggle. If Jason White had Young's receivers he would be dead.
outside of the TEs - i don't like young's receivers either. jeffrey falls down for fear of contact. the others don't seem to get open.