V. Young?

Hoods

Reaction score
I haven't seen much of him, but what I have seen, he can't pass NOR run (decently). Sounds like another case of Quincy Carter, to be honest.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Hoods said:
I haven't seen much of him, but what I have seen, he can't pass NOR run (decently). Sounds like another case of Quincy Carter, to be honest.
you obviously missed the Rose Bowl. one thing there is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT about - vince young can run.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BadKarma said:
I agree...his best chance of being an NFL player is as a wide receiver...and a long shot, or maybe a defensive back.

Vince Young can enter the draft THIS year as a WR and he'd be no worse then a second round pick.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
His passing skills are there, he doesn't use very nice mechanics on his shorter throws but it gets there with a lot of zip. If mack brown is any kind of a coach, YOung could run away with the Heisman imo...

Merlin

Reaction score
Hoods said:

What are you smoking? It has to be clouding your vision. Vince Young will be a heck of a pro. Could probably play at least 3 different positions and be a playmaker at each. Future stud.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Vince Young is going to play on Sundays and I suspect it will be at QB. Somebody mentioned that he is not the same type player that Vick is and I agree with this. I actually believe that he's more physically talented then Vick was in college. Young is physically astonishing. Nothing against Vick but there not the same. If I were going to compare Young to a former NFL player, physically, it would be a young Randle Cunningham. For those of you who don't remember, when Randle was young, he was flat out amazing physically as well.

It's really unfortunate that he doesn't have a great staff working with him. I watched this kid throw a ball 65 yards effortlessly, I mean off his back foot and with no windup, in the HS ARMY All Star game. His mechanics are horrid. He losses so much velocity when he goes side arm but make no mistake, this kid can throw the football a tone. If he were at USC, he would be the hands down best QB in the country. You would have never heard of Lienhert. Really unfortunate he doesn't have better people working with him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Letemburn said:
What ya think? Could his future in the NFL possibly be in a Cowboys unifrom? I know hes just a sophmore. But im just saying if we dont get a QB by the time he enters the draft what you guys think? Id love to have him after watching the game today

I doubt it. To be honest, I think we have to figure the QB out before then. If I were picking a QB, it would be this year and it would be Alex Smith. IMO, he is the best QB in the country.

Reaction score
Hoods said:

My GAWD, barely TWENTY FOUR HOURS into 2005, and the bar for the "Most Moronic Post of the Year" has been set at an almost unattainable level!!

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I watched this kid throw a ball 65 yards effortlessly, I mean off his back foot and with no windup, in the HS ARMY All Star game.

I remember that game, I LOVE those Army All Star games, can't wait for this year's. Jan 20 I believe?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Hoods said:

Surely your not serious............????????? :confused:

Letemburn

Reaction score
Hey man why not lendin me some of that stuff your on? lol nor run decently? lmao

Hoods

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
My GAWD, barely TWENTY FOUR HOURS into 2005, and the bar for the "Most Moronic Post of the Year" has been set at an almost unattainable level!!
Calm down, I said I hadn't seen much and I stay true to my words. I'm sure I've seen less then two games, and from what I saw (as I said), he looked like another Quincy Carter.

I'm not saying he is, nor was I giving a good opinion just going by what I SAW.

Reaction score
Hoods said:
I'm sure I've seen less then two games, and from what I saw (as I said), he looked like another Quincy Carter.

You apparently never saw Carter play much either.

Hoods said:
I'm not saying he is, nor was I giving a good opinion just going by what I SAW.

In the 50+ posts you have on here so far, I'd say THIS has to be the most accurate statement to date.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BIG UT fan here but will be the 1st to say that Young needs a lot of working on his passing skills, he is still very young and should stay at UT for 2 more years before he even thinks about the Pros. Even at that he still may never develope his passing skills to the level he would need in the Pros. At 6'05" and with great speed I think he would have a better chance playing WR in the NFL but as I said there is still time for him to develope as a QB so we shall have to wait and see if he can progress.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
BIG UT fan here but will be the 1st to say that Young needs a lot of working on his passing skills, he is still very young and should stay at UT for 2 more years before he even thinks about the Pros. Even at that he still may never develope his passing skills to the level he would need in the Pros. At 6'05" and with great speed I think he would have a better chance playing WR in the NFL but as I said there is still time for him to develope as a QB so we shall have to wait and see if he can progress.

I have to agree. He has been at UT for 3 seasons, been to Steve McNair's camp for several years and still needs work on his passing. I wish someone would do something about his throwing motion. Seems like a lot of wasted movement in his arms and he doesn't look like he gets anything from his lower body. He will definitely need the next two years to develop into a NFL caliber passer. Meanwhile he will be fun to watch as a college QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I have to agree. He has been at UT for 3 seasons, been to Steve McNair's camp for several years and still needs work on his passing. I wish someone would do something about his throwing motion. Seems like a lot of wasted movement in his arms and he doesn't look like he gets anything from his lower body. He will definitely need the next two years to develop into a NFL caliber passer. Meanwhile he will be fun to watch as a college QB.

I agree. Don't get me wrong I like Young, he is fun to watch but if he has any hope about being an NFL QB he has a long ways to go. If he does not show vast improvement in his passing he can forget playing the position in the NFL but with his athletic ability they will find a place for him in the NFL. Right now I could see him playing WR in the NFL

Hoods

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
You apparently never saw Carter play much either.

In the 50+ posts you have on here so far, I'd say THIS has to be the most accurate statement to date.
I saw Carter play, and I saw Vince Young play. What I saw was not impressive, as a matter of fact it was horrible. All I would watch were QB sweeps for three yards or so. No completions were impressive, no runs were impressive. You can't tell me he's played awesome every game and every snap. I never said I saw alot, nor was I judging him. From what I saw he wasn't very good.

Of course, if I was to watch TO play in one game and one game only against the Cowboys a few weeks ago, I would say I saw nothing special. Am I saying he's nothing special? No, just going by what I would have saw. That's all I said, don't wet yourself.

Is it that hard to get? Perhaps you should receive the "Most Moronic Post of the Year" award..? Better yet, "Most Moronic Poster" just so you can one up me.

Buckeye

Reaction score
Tio said:
His passing skills are there, he doesn't use very nice mechanics on his shorter throws but it gets there with a lot of zip. If mack brown is any kind of a coach, YOung could run away with the Heisman imo...
Young could run away with the Heisman? That's funny. You've quickly forgotton about Adrian Peterson, Reggie Bush, Devin Hester, Ted Ginn Jr., and Heisman trophy winner Matt Leinart. And who knows who else will step up this season.

Anyways, why is everyone all over Young? Wow, he ran all over an absolutely terrible Michigan defense. Whoop dee doo, let's give him the Heisman :rolleyes: .
I wonder what he's going to do next year without his All-American runningback and the same terrible receivers from last year.