Vance Joseph

CWR

Reaction score
Cardinals D coordinator loves to blitz and play man. The AZ safeties are awesome, but they are struggling at CB.

This is a game in which Dak needs to take over and make them pay for their aggressiveness.

The book on this offense is to do the opposite, but a majority of coaches have their preferences and imo are too arrogant to make adjustments to the contrary. (See Jason Garrett)

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. With Dak torching Washington this type of game sets up well for him. Lets go QB1!

CWR

Reaction score
If they blitz all day they will have a very long day

It will be really interesting to see if Joseph adjusts from his preferences to what might actually help contain this offense. The coaches that are able to do so are the most dangerous. The ones that keep banging their heads into a brick wall are painful to watch. Clearly I've been scarred by our past regime. Ill never forget the Clayborn game lol.

Reaction score
Cardinals D coordinator loves to blitz and play man. The AZ safeties are awesome, but they are struggling at CB.

This is a game in which Dak needs to take over and make them pay for their aggressiveness.

The book on this offense is to do the opposite, but a majority of coaches have their preferences and imo are too arrogant to make adjustments to the contrary. (See Jason Garrett)

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. With Dak torching Washington this type of game sets up well for him. Lets go QB1!

The adjustment comes at the line of scrimmage when the quarterback assesses what the defense is doing and gets the offense into the right play (or not).

Techsass

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...e-challenges/ar-AASkPWk?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

When it comes to a cornerback room that will feature Antonio Hamilton along with Byron Murphy Jr. and then perhaps Kevin Peterson and Jace Whittaker, Joseph knows a challenge rests ahead.

"It's gonna be a challenge, obviously. But we have guys that's played. We played the San Fran game without two of our starters. Those guys stepped up and played good football," Joseph said.

"It's my job to find out what they do best, and put them in good spots, and obviously the pressure has to help those guys play with the pass defense stuff, (and overall) being a team issue, you know, not just the DB's. It's not my first time playing with reserve corners.

"I've done it before. And I'm not too worried about it. Obviously, you're better with your starters, but we have a plan to help those kids play well."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Flashback to playing the Broncos in 2017 when Joseph was head coach. They shockingly and completely shut down the entire Dallas offense and thrashed us 42-17. That was with Trevor Semien at quarterback too.

Let’s hope much has changed since then.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I've read on the Cards boards there is hope they will use Zaven Collins at OLB/Edge to rush the passer. They are hoping he is their version of Parsons.

reddyuta

Reaction score
i know they bltz a lot but its a bad idea against Dak,they are better off playing coverage.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
All hands on deck!!!!!! :starspin: #NoLimitArmyCommander

If AZ blitzes all day, Dalton Schultz will have a monster game

CWR

Reaction score
I've read on the Cards boards there is hope they will use Zaven Collins at OLB/Edge to rush the passer. They are hoping he is their version of Parsons.

Yeah supposedly they haven't given him the opportunity to make an impact. There's is some frustration amongst the fan base. Fortunately there is only ONE Parsons.

blueblood70

Reaction score

bodes well for the qb1 to take off and run with man having rher backs to him and the run game to get healthy.. we need to work on the run game and want them to try hard to get 190 yards rushing today, need some confidence in that area.

Reactions: CWR

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
If they’re going to get away from the Cover 2 shells we’ve been seeing, Dak may be primed for a big day.

Reactions: CWR

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Flashback to playing the Broncos in 2017 when Joseph was head coach. They shockingly and completely shut down the entire Dallas offense and thrashed us 42-17. That was with Trevor Semien at quarterback too.

Let’s hope much has changed since then.
I’m a big movie buff…love the true stories. My response to this whole thing and all these “what ifs” is the same response Ed Harrris had in Apollo 13 as sh** was happening, “…I believe this will be our finest hour” AZ and the NFL is going to get a preview of the new Boys!

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

Great test to see Moore and Dak and if we are really a SB contender than.

Carson

Reaction score
i know they bltz a lot but its a bad idea against Dak,they are better off playing coverage.
Problem is they are down two of their top 3 corners and Baker isn’t 100%.

So it’s a pick your poison and hope it works. Pressures always help the secondary

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a big movie buff…love the true stories. My response to this whole thing and all these “what ifs” is the same response Ed Harrris had in Apollo 13 as sh** was happening, “…I believe this will be our finest hour” AZ and the NFL is going to get a preview of the new Boys!

:thumbup: