Twitter: Vander Esch might play against Eagles

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys received good news on the ankle injury suffered by linebacker Leighton Vander Esch in the win vs. San Francisco. He had an MRI Monday to confirm a ligament issue, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility he could play Sunday vs. Philadelphia, according to a source.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
If he cant play, I would love to see Bernard start. See what we have there. Why go with Lee, when he has only 2 games left in the league.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Is Zach Martin eligible to come back this week? Don't know if he would be able to play even if eligible. He had to spend 3 weeks minimum on IR.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

The Cowboys received good news on the ankle injury suffered by linebacker Leighton Vander Esch in the win vs. San Francisco. He had an MRI Monday to confirm a ligament issue, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility he could play Sunday vs. Philadelphia, according to a source.

i

LVE is Sean Lee II.
Cut our losses as soon as possible. There are healthier LBs out there.

Beaker42

Reaction score

i

At this point I no longer care. The sooner we can draft over his fragile glass *** the better. Kid’s a huge disappointment so far. Buh-bye.

John813

Reaction score
There are about 6 or 7 linebackers drafted after LVE in the 2018 draft that are better than him. Another terrible pick from dumb and dumber.

Unfortunately he's looking like an one hit wonder.

Crazy that they knew of the spinal issue and still zeroed in on him. We saw why in 2018 but 2019 and 2020 have been meh.

McClay was the guy pimping LVE to J&S

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Close him down. There is no use further injuring it. Unfortunately this season is a wash. Need to have everyone healthy for next year.

Yeah, I do think it would be better to let him get completely healthy and just play Lee in his place. Lee doesn't have the same physical skills that he did, but he probably knows where he's supposed to be better than any other linebacker on this team.

I would at least give Vander Esch another week of rest and then see how he's feeling for the finale.