Twitter: Vander Esch to have neck surgery

coult44

Reaction score
Good. We're going to need this guy if Lee retires and Jaylon transitions to the mogul world.

If 54 or 55 had to be hurt , why couldn’t it be 54? I don’t want anyone hurt, but if you had to pick, who would you pick?

Dwight

Reaction score
I hope his surgery is successful.

The team needs to look into drafting a LB next April.

Otto65

Reaction score
Back around 1999 there was a linebacker from Ohio State named Andy Katzenmoyer. I think he won the Butkus Award in college. He had neck issues. Was drafted by the Patriots. He retired due to the neck issue after 2 or 3 years. Same size as LVE. You never know with any kind of neck or back surgery.
I hope it works out well for LVE.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Great news! Just glad they shut him down. Especially with the way the season ended.

See you next summer young buck!!!

giphy.gif
Dude will be back and a future Pro Bowler. Hopefully on a winning team!

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Cowboys linebacker Leighton Vander Esch will undergo a minimally invasive procedure on his neck in the next few weeks and should be 100 percent cleared for the offseason program, according to sources. He has missed the last the last five games with a nerve issue after suffering the injury in October. The Cowboys believe this will alleviate any issues in the future.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Minimal evasive neck surgery for a linebacker is like minimal evasive brain surgery for a surgeon.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Minimal evasive neck surgery for a linebacker is like minimal evasive brain surgery for a surgeon.
It is more of this sickening and stupid organizational optimism. Nobody in the front office ever thinks of worse case scenarios then they act all shocked when it does happen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe this helps. But if something else pops up with the neck, his career is over.

LB is a need in April.

It feels like another case where those 31 teams' concerns were well founded. Like they were with Randy Gregory (for very different reasons of course).

Praxit

Reaction score
..anything dealing with spine or neck, is like playing with house of cards. The weight of the situation is paper thin.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I bet that's a pain in the neck.
Haha...as a veteran of four neck surgeries and permanent nerve damage in my neck by trying to go the conservative route before I started with the surgeries, I've never once had neck pain. All my pain is in my shoulder from the damaged nerve in my neck. lol.

So there's a chance it might not be a pain in the neck..:)

erod

Reaction score
Great news! Just glad they shut him down. Especially with the way the season ended.

See you next summer young buck!!!

giphy.gif
A linebacker with a spinal issue. Surgery rarely works for this issue when you go back to ramming heads with people.

I got dogpiled here a few weeks ago for suggesting his season was over.

cern

Reaction score
Brings to mind romo's little butt carbuncle that ended up sidelining him for months.