Twitter: Vander Esch to have neck surgery

nobody

Reaction score
Why wait a few weeks? Get it over with stat.

Could be because the doctor doing it has other appointments or will be on vacation for the holidays. :)

Yes he should get it done ASAP, but he might not be the one making that decision.

Beaker42

Reaction score
A linebacker with a spinal issue. Surgery rarely works for this issue when you go back to ramming heads with people.

I got dogpiled here a few weeks ago for suggesting his season was over.
Horrible pick. We throw away 1st’s and 2nd’s like trash.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Should have been done weeks ago. He clearly wasn’t himself and needed this. Putting it off for weeks

John813

Reaction score
We went from two cornerstone LBs to an one legged businessman and a guy with a neck issue.

Wonderful

Should have been done weeks ago. He clearly wasn’t himself and needed this. Putting it off for weeks

Wasn't there talk of needing the swelling to go down for this MRI?

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
So, hip surgery (or was that just bothering him in TC?) and neck surgery by age 23.

ominous

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Why couldn't they figure this out 5 weeks ago??.. then have the surgery...He'd practically be healed by now....ready for the playoffs.

Just another example of the Cowboys not doing the right thing. This franchise doesn't ever get ahead of anything. :banghead:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
A linebacker with a spinal issue. Surgery rarely works for this issue when you go back to ramming heads with people.

I got dogpiled here a few weeks ago for suggesting his season was over.

I would bet money he's had a chipped vertebra from college...and it finally caught up with him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another key point that stuck out to me. The timing of him doing this now. It shows me that nobody in this organization is under the illusion about that mythical playoff run any longer.

perrykemp

Reaction score
"minimally invasive procedure" sounds like marketing speak to me to protect the club from the embarrassment of having it now known that they willingly drafted a guy in the 1st round with spinal stenosis.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The organization will be lucky if he Vander Esch plays out his rookie deal as an above average starter. If he's smart, he will consider the R word before its too late.

shabazz

Reaction score
Not sure about the process, by why wasn’t he put on IR weeks ago? Couldn’t we have benefited from that move?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I'm nervous. Neck and back surgeries are seldom 'fix all's'.

This, remember before my Grandmother passed she had told my aunt not to get the back surgery and this a lady in great shape and worked out daily. I was still in high school and my aunt had the surgery and let's just say she was and still is not the same and never will be.

Praxit

Reaction score
..I love the guy. But this was a hug RED flag about him. That wasn't even stated, at least not out-loud. Football is mostly collision with head and neck. This will not pan out well.