Vander Esch

dallas72

Reaction score
one reason LB made sense....its not as deep as the WR class.
You could stretch it to the 4th or 5th if you wanted.
They wont....but you couldnt do that at LB.
I mocked Ridley to us at 19...and the LB options start to run thin.
This was a good pick.
Give it a chance.
Not mad alot of solid WR talent left ..Kirk, Sutton, Miller...plus TEs. .just think we had better options w James & Edmunds so close and even Evans mlb Bama. Heck had our chouce of WRs....could of traded back and got Vander

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I just watched a bunch of LVE’s film and I’ve gotta take back my earlier comment. I think the kid is going to be a good player for Da Boys. Has great instincts, doesn’t seem afraid to take on bigger blockers, looks strong and I think will be even stronger with a few lbs of muscle added to that frame. Some coaching from Marinelli and Lee and he’s going to pan out great. Seems extremely coachable, as well.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Not mad alot of solid WR talent left ..Kirk, Sutton, Miller...plus TEs. .just think we had better options w James & Edmunds so close and even Evans mlb Bama. Heck had our chouce of WRs....could of traded back and got Vander
agreed.
I wanted Ridley...thought they would too.
BUT if we could get Sutton or Kirk or Washington.....thats a helluva start to this thing....with 8 pix left.

btcutter

Reaction score
Thats what I talking about. The South Carolina TE would have made more sense than a BSU LB with injury issues. You gotta give Dak some targets. We currently have the worst receiving core in the NFL.

And the falcons just added ridley opposite Julio jones. Wow

You think the reaction to LVE is bad. If Dallas had drafted a TE in the 1st, the SERVER would have crashed! :mad:

Give Dak more targets in a 20 yd box? Too crowded. Need WR who stretch the field and can get separation.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I disagree. Dak is going to have no where to go with the ball at this rate. Look for teams to load the box , stuff the short throws, and give Zeke fits again b/c we have nobody on the outside they need to worry about.
Glad your not running our draft. I would have been really disappointed if we had gone receiver at 19. Let’s put some more money and resources into our D. Jerry has focused on the offense( the show )for the past 20 years. What has that gotten us? Releasing Dez may be a sign Jerry may be really trying to put the D back in Dallas. At least I hope so.

exciter

Reaction score
Can't compare the two. I love Landry so I'm not against him at all. Would have picked him over LVE if it were my pick. But Lawrence had a different frame that you could project filling out better than Landry. And Lawrence was a Rd. 2 pick, btw.
You can get another 10#s on is frame, Landry is a much better pure pass rusher coming out!

Cap12

Reaction score
Glad your not running our draft. I would have been really disappointed if we had gone receiver at 19. Let’s put some more money and resources into our D. Jerry has focused on the offense( the show )for the past 20 years. What has that gotten us? Releasing Dez may be a sign Jerry may be really trying to put the D back in Dallas. At least I hope so.
Agreed. Taking a WR at 19 would have been a knee-jerk move to cutting Dez. Plenty of talent in rounds 2 and 3. I'm all for the Earl Thomas trade and then using one of the 4ths to move up in round three and grab somebody like Gallop or Washington. Then use the other 4th on a G like Madison from Washington St.