Vanderjagt...what's his problem?

MONT17

Reaction score
I recall Jimmy the great and the Cowboys trading for Alonzo Highsmith... He was damaged goods. Maybe Vanjack is damaged goods...

burmafrd

Reaction score
If he shows no improvement in a couple of weeks then it is time to start worrying. Untill then its just plain STUPID.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
If he shows no improvement in a couple of weeks then it is time to start worrying. Untill then its just plain STUPID.

Maybe but you would think that "The most accurate kicker in NFL history" would be able to make a good shoing in training camp when there is ZERO pressure on him. I would hate for the guy to shank 'em like he did in the clutch in Indy but I think it's worse (as far as his mental state) to miss like this when there is no pressure on you at all.

Calicowboy

Reaction score
From what I have seen with Vandy, his body language will go miles to tell you something is wrong. I have seen him fold up, walk off alone, hang his head, etc. Most of his kicks are wide right. There was a beef with Romo as the holder, but last time I saw Henson, didnt get to see what the results were, I was on the other side of the field.

Is this reason to panic, absolutley not. I dont get the impression anyone is, not here, or out at TC. Just something to point out and let others know what is going on at TC. Vandy is a vet, so we'll wait and see how he works it out.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tass said:
My goodness. I know if it were ME I'd be working hard to impress my new team and justify their faith in signing me to a big deal. Has this guy completely lost his skills overnight? Is there something to his comments on the crappy holder? Same holder last year and our kickers sucked...now a good kicker comes and he sucks too? Hmmmm...something fishy there.

BTW, I am on record as wanting Vinatieri and being upset that we didn't even talk with him.

He says he's a notoriously slow starter in camp and preseason games, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

That also means that we should not panic if he doesn't hit all his kicks tonight.