Vaughn Will Have A Better Year Than Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I have to think that he’s this team’s best option after Pollard. He brings skills to the table that the other running backs just can’t.

If that’s true, we’re going to have some problems this season. He’s a talented player, but we’re going to have to be able to run consistently between the tackles and move the chains or we’re going to be relying on Dak, and our kicker. Our backs are also going to be asked to block a lot this season. If we struggle to pick up a yard, it’s going to lead to some major problems. Plus we have some concerns on our OL.

rambo2

Reaction score
If that’s true, we’re going to have some problems this season. He’s a talented player, but we’re going to have to be able to run consistently between the tackles and move the chains or we’re going to be relying on Dak, and our kicker. Our backs are also going to be asked to block a lot this season. If we struggle to pick up a yard, it’s going to lead to some major problems.
Watch and learn.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Than Zeke, ya huurd meh? I'm taking bets playbois!!!
I wouldn't bet on that

I mean even on one leg splitting carries with Pollard, I mean you're trying to tell me that deuce is going to have 900 yards and 12 touchdowns???

I mean I expect zeke to get close to that splitting carries in New England but does it really matter that much why the hate for zeke the man has been one of the best players to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys and now everyone's been taking shots at him after he's gone.....:thumbdown:

I mean first you didn't want the guy here doing nothing but get on him as a hater and now that he's gone you can't keep his name out your mouth, so here's what I think he owns space in your head rent free:omg:

you all who keep mentioning his name all the time trying to put the man down with no respect whatsoever, says that you ain't on his mind and yet he is in your mind... :facepalm: :muttley:

johneric8

Reaction score
I have to think that he’s this team’s best option after Pollard. He brings skills to the table that the other running backs just can’t.
I know I sound like I'm not rolling here, but I've watched enough footage of Deuce in college as well as NFL practice and preseason to know what my eyes are telling me here.. The guy is definitely special and has some very uncanny moves much like Barry Sanders.. With his size and elusivness and toughness I think he is going to be incredibly dangerous... If Texas Coast delivers like I believe it will, Deuce may be a huge reason why our Boys could finally make the big dance... I think we can all see this team is trending up and it ain't going to be Prescott that holds us back.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They both excell in the others weakness. I know Zeke can be an every down back, but I doubt Vaughn can be this year. I would have zero problems running Zeke at the 1 yard line down by 4 points with 2 seconds to go. But I think Vaughn will be greatly effective catching a quick pass and then making a guy miss for some extra yak. IMHO people shouldn't compare them directly because they aren't used the same. Vaughn will look more explosive to no ones surprise but Zeks should have more TD's and short yardage opportunities also to no ones surprise.

rambo2

Reaction score
You need to watch and learn and stop anointing players before they’ve done anything.
Your takes on the running backs are ridiculous. You need to listen and watch and not talk so much.
1. Pollard
2. Deuce
3. Rico
That's the way it is right now. If they stay healthy that is what it looks like it's going to be.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on that

I mean even on one leg splitting carries with Pollard, I mean you're trying to tell me that deuce is going to have 900 yards and 12 touchdowns???

I mean I expect zeke to get close to that splitting carries in New England but does it really matter that much why the hate for zeke the man has been one of the best players to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys and now everyone's been taking shots at him after he's gone.....:thumbdown:

I mean first you didn't want the guy here doing nothing but get on him as a hater and now that he's gone you can't keep his name out your mouth, so here's what I think he owns space in your head rent free:omg:

you all who keep mentioning his name all the time trying to put the man down with no respect whatsoever, says that you ain't on his mind and yet he is in your mind... :facepalm: :muttley:
He's a sucka

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I sound like I'm not rolling here, but I've watched enough footage of Deuce in college as well as NFL practice and preseason to know what my eyes are telling me here.. The guy is definitely special and has some very uncanny moves much like Barry Sanders.. With his size and elusivness and toughness I think he is going to be incredibly dangerous... If Texas Coast delivers like I believe it will, Deuce may be a huge reason why our Boys could finally make the big dance... I think we can all see this team is trending up and it ain't going to be Prescott that holds us back.
I very much agree with you.

I’m certainly not saying Deuce is as good as the great Barry Sanders, but I do see some similarities.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Your takes on the running backs are ridiculous. You need to listen and watch and not talk so much.
1. Pollard
2. Deuce
3. Rico
That's the way it is right now. If they stay healthy that is what it looks like it's going to be.

We’ll find out whose take on our RBs is ridiculous when the season starts. It’s going to be Pollard and either Davis or Dowdle to start the regular season unless the Cowboys pick up someone else.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Someone's on crack if they think Zeke is getting 900 yards rushing. 100 carries at 3yards per = 300 yard max.
If Elliott is in a limited role where he can avoid the injuries that have plagued him the last two years, I think he'll be back over 4 yards per carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.