Vaughn Will Have A Better Year Than Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We’ll find out whose take on our RBs is ridiculous when the season starts. It’s going to be Pollard and either Davis or Dowdle to start the regular season unless the Cowboys pick up someone else.
After Saturday, my pecking order would be Pollard, Vaughn, Dowdle, Davis, but that could change this next game. Vaughn showed the type of elusiveness these other backs lacked. Granted, he was going against lesser defenders.

mrmojo

Reaction score
We fans are like Jerry, we love our shiny new toys......until the real games start.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
After Saturday, my pecking order would be Pollard, Vaughn, Dowdle, Davis, but that could change this next game. Vaughn showed the type of elusiveness these other backs lacked. Granted, he was going against lesser defenders.

I just don’t see the Cowboys starting the regular season pairing Pollard with an undersized rookie sixth round pick. They’ll gradually work Vaughn in similar to what they did with Pollard when he arrived, if he’s making some plays.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He's a sucka
hey I hope that our team has a great season and all the players excel and do all this crazy stuff but I just don't understand why we need so many posts about zeke the man is gone let him be he's in the AFC now on a good team or at least a solid team I wish him all the luck in the world why do we gotta keep doing this there's some Z caters that just run deep and I don't get it man has 8300 yards a bunch of touchdowns very good receiving I mean his career has been great and yet fans just wanna **** on the guy at every turn...

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Gots to say that i agree Deuce will have more rushing yards, and even more total yards from scrimmage, than Zeke will at NE. Deuce should be RB2 and Zeke will be on a RBBC there. Zeke better not get a case of the butterfingers or he will find his arse on the sidelines next to Bill. Won't matter how much he gets paid there.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I just don’t see the Cowboys starting the regular season pairing Pollard with an undersized rookie sixth round pick. They’ll gradually work Vaughn in similar to what they did with Pollard when he arrived, if he’s making some plays.
Pollard rushed for 455 yards on 86 carries. I'm pretty sure he was the No. 2 back all year. However, we did have more of a workhorse back in Elliott, so there may be more carries to be distributed among the other runners. I don't predict numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if Vaughn's are on par with what Pollard did as a rookie. Of course, we still have a ways to go before the season, so we'll see how it ends up. I don't think when we drafted Pollard in the fourth round that we expected him to be able to immediately be the No. 2, so it isn't far-fetched for Vaughn to do that as a rookie, either. He's actually a better all-around back coming out of college than Pollard was, but size and speed dropped him a couple of rounds in comparison.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Gots to say that i agree Deuce will have more rushing yards, and even more total yards from scrimmage, than Zeke will at NE. Deuce should be RB2 and Zeke will be on a RBBC there. Zeke better not get a case of the butterfingers or he will find his arse on the sidelines next to Bill. Won't matter how much he gets paid there.
So you're gonna go all the way back to 2020 when Prescott went down we had eleven different offensive line variations and Elliot had an off year with fumbles similar to Prescott's off year in interceptions last year?? You realize he's only fumbling once in two years now?? Let me be clear he's not a fumbler he never has been he had one off year that's it.. And that year pretty much the whole team crapped the bed he had to play with a bunch of nobodies most of the year and you had to bring that up that's what I'm talking about zeke lives rent free in all your heads you gotta keep putting the man down he is the third best running back to Cowboys ever had his stats prove it if he didn't get suspended he would have came out of college after back-to-back 1800 yards and put up three straight rushing titles he led the league three straight years that's great in itself but now he's got close to 8300 yards a lot of touchdowns a good amount of receptions and yards the man's had a great career and we do nothing but have fans put him down for no reason now I'm rooting for him at the same time I hope deuce has a great year as well but man you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves with the wild guesses.

Yes zeke lives rent free in a lot of your heads I mean it I mean he seems to be on all your minds and he's been cut and gone and you just can't let it be :facepalm: :huh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We fans are like Jerry, we love our shiny new toys......until the real games start.
It is the craziest thing. I have read that several times. Every single time I begin reading 'We fans'. My eyesight gets all blurry afterwards. Then suddenly everything pops back into crystal clear focus starting with 'love'.

Can a person have a spontaneously recurring astigmatism??? Perhaps I need Lasix.

gimmesix

Reaction score
It is the craziest thing. I have read that several times. Every single time I begin reading 'We fans'. My eyesight gets all blurry afterwards. Then suddenly everything pops back into crystal clear focus starting with 'love'.

Can a person have a spontaneously recurring astigmatism??? Perhaps I need Lasix.
Or an enema.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or an enema.
Tried that already. Jones has not hired another GM yet.

Now I am thinking of severing a finger and putting it on an altar as a blood sacrifice. That and a few Hail Marys to a fifth of Johnnie Walker Blue Label is my final hope.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I know I sound like I'm not rolling here, but I've watched enough footage of Deuce in college as well as NFL practice and preseason to know what my eyes are telling me here.. The guy is definitely special and has some very uncanny moves much like Barry Sanders.. With his size and elusivness and toughness I think he is going to be incredibly dangerous... If Texas Coast delivers like I believe it will, Deuce may be a huge reason why our Boys could finally make the big dance... I think we can all see this team is trending up and it ain't going to be Prescott that holds us back.
You saw what he did in college but every NFL team, including the Cowboys, passed on him in the draft multiple times. If any team thought he could impact games he’d have been gone long before the sixth round. At best he’ll be a contributor, which is a success for a running back selected in the sixth round in the contemporary NFL. My eyes see the Cowboys don’t have Texas Tech and Baylor on their schedule this season. 5’ 5”, 175 lbs. will provide limited production and hopefully one or two exciting moments in a 17 game season.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All Zeke has to do is miss one or two goal area scoring rushes and Bilichek will have Rhamondre taking that away from Zeke.
Belichick would be nuts allowing Elliott to run short yardage plays exclusively, even in goal line situations. Stevenson is too good of a back to rely on Elliott all the time.

rambo2

Reaction score
We’ll find out whose take on our RBs is ridiculous when the season starts. It’s going to be Pollard and either Davis or Dowdle to start the regular season unless the Cowboys pick up someone else.
Yes, we will find out. Instead of saying Rico didn't do anything in previous years when he was hurt. Of course he didn't do anything when he was out for the season. Go back and watch what he did in the Jags game. Watch the play that he fumbled on. Watch the route, the catch, and the run after catch. Go watch all of his carries and take notice that he has the power to push tacklers back. Go watch the kickoff return.

It is also obvious that Deuce is going to be good. You can see it if you look.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I can see where this thread is going. Already off to a good start there.
Well at least it hasn't turned into one of "Those" threads. If you know what I mean. Lol ;)

And about Zeke and Deuce. If Zeke is taking his last chance seriously, losing weight, I can see Bill putting him in a position to have a better year than last year. That's for sure! But for the sake of our Cowboys, I sure hope Deuce does have a better year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes, we will find out. Instead of saying Rico didn't do anything in previous years when he was hurt. Of course he didn't do anything when he was out for the season. Go back and watch what he did in the Jags game. Watch the play that he fumbled on. Watch the route, the catch, and the run after catch. Go watch all of his carries and take notice that he has the power to push tacklers back. Go watch the kickoff return.

It is also obvious that Deuce is going to be good. You can see it if you look.

You can go ahead and mark down that everyone is going to be good. You were even talking up Will Grier the other day.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deuce won’t last a whole season
tenor.gif

johneric8

Reaction score
You saw what he did in college but every NFL team, including the Cowboys, passed on him in the draft multiple times. If any team thought he could impact games he’d have been gone long before the sixth round. At best he’ll be a contributor, which is a success for a running back selected in the sixth round in the contemporary NFL. My eyes see the Cowboys don’t have Texas Tech and Baylor on their schedule this season. 5’ 5”, 175 lbs. will provide limited production and hopefully one or two exciting moments in a 17 game season.
I can respect your opinion because at the end of the day that is what we all have, but what I'm saying is that I see a very unique skillset from Deuce that my gut tells me is going to be a lethal weapon for us.. I seriously haven't seen cuts like that in a long time, and if we're playing the dump off quick pass game and he gets it in space he will make teams pay dearly.. I also see that he has a forbodding tenacity because of his little man syndrome and his size and his lower body has serious strength to power him through his cuts.. I've watched a ton of football and if his skills translate well to the NFL and he continues to get better he might be what helps take us over the top and open up our offense because of his speed and elusiveness.. Imagine him and Pollard on the field together for second.. He will easily be able to squeek into the flat and make tons of yardage quickly.. All I'm saying is I see skills that I haven't seen in a long long time..

Status
Not open for further replies.