Vela 7/30 Practice Report: Ware, Burnett, Gurode, Rivera, Hatcher, TNew

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Thanks for the review.

I truly hope Burnett comes through. I think he can be one of those high energy players who motivates a defense.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
Thanks for the review.

I truly hope Burnett comes through. I think he can be one of those high energy players who motivates a defense.

:welcome:

I always like to welcome new members.

Try to post more often-- seriously. :)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
this is why someone like hansen crying makes no sense.

Vela can provide useful information fans crave but dale hansen with a huge budget and many assistants can't. all because big bill doesnt call him at night. boo freaking hoo.

i heart vela!

superpunk

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Watkins is going to be a very good FS for us... you heard it here first. ;)

He's freaking tall. How could he not be?

I'm pretty stoked about the Reeves reports. I love seeing the longshot start to show up.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Tony Curtis getting in the mix. TE contorversy:p:

Big Gurode get it done!!!!

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I wasn't high on the Watkins pick at first. He is really skinny. However, a big tall guy who can cover ground looks like the perfect guy to create turnovers in our secondary.
I am really excited about Hatcher and felt we really had something w/ him. Thats all we needed was another solid DL, right? Our OL isn't sounding great yet, but 1 on 1s isn't a great indicator to how an OL can do

ndanger

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
bah i said it before he was born

:D:D:D

I win!!!

What prize do i get
Bah,I said it before he was concieved ! What do we have for the winner Johnny????????:eek:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Yeah, it's only training camp, but even reading pieces like this make me believe that our OL will once again be heavily scrutinized by fans and media alike.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
sago1 said:
Marcus Colemen split time between corner and Safety. He looked ok at corner but was slow diagnosing the play as a Safety.

It is very hard to diagnose plays with a hangover.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Funny how according to Vela, guys on the line looked good. But other reports have them sucking.

superpunk

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Funny how according to Vela, guys on the line looked good. But other reports have them sucking.

Well, Adams, and Gurode and Coumbo look good....judgement should be reservged until seen as a unit - against real blitzes, etc.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I'm pretty stoked about the Reeves reports. I love seeing the longshot start to show up.

At the very least, he will replace Aaron Glenn as the nickle back this year. I really would like to see a report on how Henry is doing and if he is truely 100% though.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Well, Adams, and Gurode and Coumbo look good....judgement should be reservged until seen as a unit - against real blitzes, etc.

or at least after they've had more than a couple of days.