Vernon Davis

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I remember Johnny Mitchell had a very good 40 and he was also very athletic. He started out well for the Jets but for some reason he just went downhill. I think he even had a cup of coffee at valley ranch at the end.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I don't know that I would play him at TE. I might just line him up in the slot with Key and Terry on the outside. Go one back set and motion him all over the field. Screw TO. Draft this guy.

What he said. Amen, Amen and Amen.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
He ran a 4.41 and a 4.46 at his pro day and he ran a 4.53 at the combine. Different track at the RCA now. At 255 lbs I would say that is similar.
I guess that track at the RCA makes a diff. His 4.53 at the combine was faster than K2's 40 at his UM pro day.

Skip

Reaction score
jblaze2004 said:
all i can say is wow.........4.37 n the 40 thats faster then alot of the recievers....hes big, strong, and got a 42inch vertical....that for a tight end is pretty amazing...him and witten...just for get about a fb juss run 2 tightend sets, motion vernon davis to slot reciever....image a linebacker, safety or corner trying to gaurd somebody that big and fast...if their at 18, which i kno he wont but look at health miller, i would take him

I saw him also, but it is wishful thinking that we could get him. He will be long gone before we pick.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
What's your definition os similar? Watson ran in the 4.58 range. I can not recall another TE running a sub 4.40.

Keith Jackson had blazing fast speed. He was 4.40 range.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind traffic, trolley cars, and the occasional earthquake, Vernon.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
being a terps fan, i've seen alot of this guy. he is a beast. huge and fast- if he keeps a good head on his shoulders- unlike that knucklehead winslow- he should be a heck of a player.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Amazing, he's will be one hell of a TE when he goes to whatever team drafts him. He will be an absolute BEAST, possible OROY already, with that talent, future pro bowler for sure, I am very very impressed with him

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Not even close. Shannon Sharpe ran his mouth faster. :D ;)
:lmao2:

As Zig Ziglar once said "he talks 80 miles per hour with occasional gusts up to 200."

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
Davis is a stud and will be a top flight te in the mold of antonio gates- very explosive and the first guy rarely brings him down..

FUNNY QUote- from the coach of the u of md- "have you seen that guys body (referring to Davis)...if I could switch bodies with one guy it would be him

rlgiv

Reaction score
Not only could we run two tight end sets, motion him out as a wide reciever, or back into the backfield this guy could probably line up and start as an outside linebacker opposite of Ware.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Are there any photos from his workout today? Colin Cowherd was talking about how ripped he was and to put up that sort of 40 time is incredible.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
Are you sure about that?

Yes. Keith Jackson had GREAT speed in college. I'm not sure of his official time at the combine, but I watched him smoke people in college week after week.

like a dog

Panamanian Cowboy
Reaction score
This guy is a singular talent and will be a weapon in the NFL. If he is still around at 18, Dallas would be insane not to take him.

That being said, he will almost certainly be long gone by that point, and as enticing as Davis is, I don't see the Cowboys moving up in this draft to get a skill position player.