VERY Interesting from NFL Draft Blitz

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
http://www.cowboys-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32933read on another forum and until I get his permission to post the article I won't

but according to the article Dallas is interested in trading up for AJ Hawk

and playing him inside...

I am not sure what to make of it as it would mean that james or Ayodel would have to move outside?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AJ Hawk would be awesome, but I'm not sure I'd want to trade up for him.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
okay got permission

Link

courtesy of the Sack Master

What We're Hearing
By: Chris Horwedel
Rob Bryant

- A strange piece of information we got recently tells us that despite the fact that the team has re-signed Jamal Lewis and signed Mike Anderson as a free agent, there's still a chance the Ravens will go after a running back in the first round.

- One player who's rising up the draft board at the wide receiver position is San Diego State's Jeff Webb. Webb had an exceptional showing at the combine where he ran an impressive 4.40 in the 40 yard dash, a strong 4.08 in the shuttle and an exceptional 6.81 in the 3-cone drill. He backed that performance up with a strong showing at his pro day.

- The Jets are showing a lot of interest in USC quarterback Matt Leinart.

- Alabama defensive end Mark Anderson is rising quickly and now appears to be solidly among the top 10 defensive ends available. Adding to his value is that a number of 3-4 teams are also looking at him as an outside linebacker.

- We've learned that the Dallas Cowboys are very high on Ohio State's outside linebacker A.J. Hawk and are considering moving up in the draft to select him. He would play inside linebacker in their 3-4 defense.

- There have been some rumbling that Boise State offensive lineman Daryn Colledge could sneak into the end of the first round, much in the same manner that Logan Mankins did last year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Seems more likely we trade down and still pick up Lawson or Carpenter.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt said:

That would be my choice.

Although AJ Hawk... nah I'd still trade down and hope for Lawson or Carpenter.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
theogt said:

it would seem outside linebacker is more of a need...but maybe they think the kid is worth having regardless...I just don't know

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Rack said:
That would be my choice.

Although AJ Hawk... nah I'd still trade down and hope for Lawson or Carpenter.

If they could trade down and get more picks that is probably the way to go with the amount of holes to be filled

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
it would seem outside linebacker is more of a need...but maybe they think the kid is worth having regardless...I just don't know

Actually I think AJ Hawk can play inside or outside in a 3-4.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Rack said:
Actually I think AJ Hawk can play inside or outside in a 3-4.

if he can play outside...he might be the type of player worth moving up for...heck he might be worth moving up for if he can only play inside...

I think I would have to know how much we would have to give up to get him any idea where he is projected to go?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
if he can play outside...he might be the type of player worth moving up for...heck he might be worth moving up for if he can only play inside...

I think I would have to know how much we would have to give up to get him any idea where he is projected to go?

He's definitely a top 15 pick. Probably a top 10 pick.

felix360

Reaction score
All this sounds reallll nice, but what would we have to give up to get him???
our first round pick and a third rounder or maybe our first rounder and next years second???:confused:

WhizKid

Reaction score
In that case I think our LB corp would be more like...

Ware - Hawk - Ayodele - Burnett

This is SICK!!!!!:p:

DallasKen

Reaction score
I like that Mark Anderson kid they mention in the article. He looked good at the combine.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Hawk is definitely a Parcells type of LBer. I don't think BP wants a LBer early in the draft unless he thinks it's someone who could take the field and contribute immediately.

If this scenario did in fact come to fruitition, I think you'd be looking at Hawk as the OLB replacement to Fujita.

Like this:

WARE-/-JAMES-/-AYODELE-/-HAWK

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Hawk is definitely a Parcells type of LBer. I don't think BP wants a LBer early in the draft unless he thinks it's someone who could take the field and contribute immediately.

If this scenario did in fact come to fruitition, I think you'd be looking at Hawk as the OLB replacement to Fujita.

Like this:

WARE-/-JAMES-/-AYODELE-/-HAWK

that kinda looks scary good doesn't it

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
I don't see this happening. With Brees & Culpepper in place, I think it would now take a Top 5 position to go and get AJ Hawk.

No way we give up what it would take to move up that far.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
read on another forum and until I get his permission to post the article I won't

but according to the article Dallas is interested in trading up for AJ Hawk

and playing him inside...

I am not sure what to make of it as it would mean that james or Ayodel would have to move outside?

Please let this be true.......I will stop mentioning Manny Lawson....I promise......I love Hawk....just did not believe we had a prayer:starspin

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I can't see it happening, they'd have to give up a first in next years draft to have a chance.