Veteran QB coach please

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Sully, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

295 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    Dak Prescott isn't going anywhere. I do like his intangibles but he isn't a smart QB. He holds the ball way, way too long which leads to being the MOST sacked QB in the NFL. He fumbles the ball. And he isn't an accurate QB. Can these be fixed or improved? Maybe but Kellen Moore sure isn't making a difference as QB coach.

Wolfpack, lukin2006, Jake and 10 others like this.
  2. 32BellyOption

32BellyOption Well-Known Member

1,258 Messages
    1,452 Likes Received
    Hiring a guy who has never coached to be the coach of the most important position on the team and to coach a raw talent like Dak was asinine at best. There wasn’t another team in the league who would have hired Moore back then. Just Jerry being Jerry. Hard to say how much further along Dak’s game might be now with a seasoned coach.

Bcrav4, Asklesko, Mobinvans and 13 others like this.
  3. da_boyz_mk

da_boyz_mk How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

3,350 Messages
    1,775 Likes Received
    There seems to be a lot of coaching geniuses on this board. Any volunteers?

4. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

18,035 Messages
    22,088 Likes Received
    I would surely agree that Dak should be entitled to the benefits that an experienced QB coach could provide. The Cowboys FO obviously granted Linehan respect in hiring Kellen Moore as Dak's QB coach. The results cry out to declare that their decision might have been a mistake. Will they choose to do something to correct that move, if it truly was a miscue? Hard to say for sure. Maybe we'll discover the answer to that in the offseason and beyond.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  5. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,820 Messages
    4,496 Likes Received
    Come on CR, someone new would be coming here solely to post the 11th Dak Sucks thread!

starcity214 and PAPPYDOG like this.
  6. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

20,962 Messages
    24,520 Likes Received
    Tom Moore.

Centex likes this.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

59,648 Messages
    107,355 Likes Received
    I'm not able to evaluate Kellen Moore as a QB coach. I would need to see him coach a player with talent first.

8. dwreck27

dwreck27 Well-Known Member

4,249 Messages
    5,949 Likes Received
    One of the dumbest decisions we’ve made in awhile

.... and that’s saying something.

Who hires a green/young QB coach who was backing up your young QB

9. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

60,783 Messages
    64,263 Likes Received
    It was simple nepotism. He has been Linehan's pet since their days in Detroit. That is how the NFL coaching fraternity works.

10. noshame

noshame I'm not dead yet...... Zone Supporter

8,445 Messages
    6,023 Likes Received
    What if he's been coach to hold the ball, keep his eyes downfield and wait for receivers to come open? We need QB coach and OC.

11. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

27,032 Messages
    70,286 Likes Received
    Anyone can coach a player with talent, a real coach can teach a player with limited talent.

12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

59,648 Messages
    107,355 Likes Received
    More blaming of coaches for the QB. A QB coach is not a high level position. It's basically getting your foot in the door on an NFL staff. It's not abnormal at all for a guy like Moore, who lacks talent so he had to be a stickler for technique and Xs and Os to ever make it to the league, to be brought in to coach QBs when his playing career ends. He is not Dak Prescott's problem. Just like the last QB coach, a veteran of many years, was not his problem.

It's not Garrett, it's not Linehan, it's not Moore, it wasn't Wilson, it's not "TEH SCHEMEZ!!", it's the complete and total bum that lines up under center.

There's the truth.

But carry on with more complete nonsense.

13. ykc

ykc Well-Known Member

867 Messages
    303 Likes Received
    Also a QB friendly OC, like how Rams coach did to goeff

14. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

6,310 Messages
    7,611 Likes Received
    What is a better qb coach going to do? Is he going to elevate everyone around to their max so Dak can be the average bus driver again? shesh.

PAPPYDOG and starcity214 like this.
  15. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

27,032 Messages
    70,286 Likes Received
    The nonsense is all the hate you're trying to push. If you dont think a QB coach is important, you're full of crap. Proves what I've always thought of you.

Mr Cowboy and America's Cowboy like this.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,544 Messages
    60,056 Likes Received
    Nobody who wants Kellen Moore replaced has the faintest idea whether or not he’s actually good at his job or how his work compares to the work of any other QB coach in the league. They judge him solely on the improvement of a late fourth round pick who had no weapons for half the year and poor pass protection for all of it.

17. LovinItAll

LovinItAll Well-Known Member

678 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    That's not nepotism.

18. Vomit

Vomit Well-Known Member

777 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    I would like to think so, but I have my doubts. Dak is what he is: a 4th rounder.........for a reason.

starcity214 likes this.
  19. nate dizzle

nate dizzle Well-Known Member

2,518 Messages
    3,849 Likes Received
    Impossible to evaluate Moore and the rest of the offense because of Dak and impossible to evaluate Dak because of the rest of the offense and Moore?

starcity214 likes this.
  20. CosmicCowboy

CosmicCowboy Well-Known Member

1,027 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Mike Holmgren....Please come down !!!

jaybeware and mahoneybill like this.